Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Harder, Faster, Stronger, Better - Official discussion thread

It would be great to believe that you DEVs have read the posts I sent to MWO (MechWarrior Online) about development strategies. I was a game designer (now retired) for TSR (D&D FOLKS) and PACESETTER GAMES. We could 'tweak' things up or down for balance as much as we liked since almost all testing was internal. Only in the last stages were test groups involved.

That is no longer true for games such as MWO and Star Citizen and - CROWFALL. We backers are involved in virtually every facet of the game development - as it forms, thus the highly unusual and transparency of the design work. This brings up the post you guys at CROWFALL made about 'tweaking'. I recommended to MWO about starting design at the LOWEST possible practicality and 'buffing' or tweaking upward as needed. The reason was the howl of anger and distress when one of their mechs was nerfed down from the purchased model. This forum and backer anger (and rage) lasted quite a while as devs at MWO struggled to determine game balance with fun play.

The Devs here at CROWFALL have made a solid and well considered decision and I promise you, will never regret this (just ask a dev at MWO). Well done and this seems a good omen for the future. Congratulations!

I'd actually like it if the large keep got a second story, some kind of citadel overlooking the rest of the fort. A keep within a keep, if you will.

I believe that is avaliable for palaces/citadels (from what we've seen so far).

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

Sound fair and i like the way you guys aproach each kinda of opinion people might have on the change with a solution to it.

And this is a reason why i keep supporting ACE because you guys are so open about everything., I hope you keep that up. It's your strenght as a company.

What happens when we need to adjust something and (for whatever reason) and that adjustment materially or cosmetically changes something that you've already purchased?

FULL STORY HERE

Will it be possible to buy the castles and other buildings separately from the packages? I'd gladly pay but I don't want everything in the package, besides what's the use of buying a keep if I can't buy the castle too? I'm even interested in buying packages that just have the buildings.

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

Will it be possible to buy the castles and other buildings separately from the packages? I'd gladly pay but I don't want everything in the package, besides what's the use of buying a keep if I can't buy the castle too? I'm even interested in buying packages that just have the buildings.

I think castles/keeps will be available later on in the 'item shop' as they are purely cosmetics. But that's only my speculation =]

Anyway that's nice of the devs they made this statement.

qOYmAaj.jpg

Will it be possible to buy the castles and other buildings separately from the packages?

Eventually all the buildings will be in the store, we're waiting on art mostly.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

... it's a concept that was granted as a backer reward....

I was confused on this point, too.  From what I can tell, nobody is getting any size of keep as a backer reward.  Right now, it's only available as an upgrade in the Store.

(Forgive the self quote)

Fort (ification)

• S ($20):  Gold ($175)
  • M ($27):  Amber ($250)
  • L ($35):  --

Keep

• S ($50):  --
  • M ($60):  --
  • L ($75):  --

Castle

• S ($?):  Sapphire ($500)
  • M ($?):  Ruby ($1000)
  • L ($?):  Emerald ($2.5k)

Citadel

•  ($?):  Diamond ($5k)

Palace

•  ($?):  Bloodstone ($10k)

If this is confusing to the Forumfall regulars, I suspect this is generally not well understood.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Eventually all the buildings will be in the store, we're waiting on art mostly.

Great to hear, consider those packages with the buildings only, many roleplayers like myself would be interested in them for sure.

Ranger3.jpg

Vaguely related question, is the money you make on the store going towards the "backer" total or is that counted as something different?

Great Question. 

Can you purchase more than one of the Keep and Forts?  So you can place one in your ET and maybe one in a Guild ET?

Vaguely related question, is the money you make on the store going towards the "backer" total or is that counted as something different?

Not yet, but it will soon.  For example, if you were Amber backer, if you later hit $500 total purchases, you'd get the Sapphire badge/frame and the Alpha 1 testing level attached to Sapphire.  You would *not* get any of the other package level rewards though (name a location, extra tax-free parcels, bigger stronghold, etc...).  So purchasing an extra package for a friend might be an interesting way to move closer to an earlier testing level.

Great Question. 

Can you purchase more than one of the Keep and Forts?  So you can place one in your ET and maybe one in a Guild ET?

Of course, they are not exclusive to each other, you could place multiples in a single EK.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Not yet, but it will soon.  For example, if you were Amber backer, if you later hit $500 total purchases, you'd get the Sapphire badge/frame and the Alpha 1 testing level attached to Sapphire.  You would *not* get any of the other package level rewards though (name a location, extra tax-free parcels, bigger stronghold, etc...).  So purchasing an extra package for a friend might be an interesting way to move closer to an earlier testing level.

Of course, they are not exclusive to each other, you could place multiples in a single EK.

Great information right there. The concept of totalling account purchases and getting into earlier Alphas is a great approach.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

See I thought this question was more directed toward the total funding and counting for the stretch goals or not. (currently at 1,912,296.)

Not so much credit toward personal backer level.

...but love the answer either way...

I would assume the money spent in the store would got toward the Stretch Goals.

CfWBSig.png

Such a fantastic team ACE is, ^_^!

Seriously, I've never seen this great of an attitude about everything, or this much information this often from a Kickstarted game.

Also, I vote for this article's name be changed to "Keepin' It Real!" , 6_u

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

I was confused on this point, too.  From what I can tell, nobody is getting any size of keep as a backer reward.  Right now, it's only available as an upgrade in the Store.

(Forgive the self quote)

If this is confusing to the Forumfall regulars, I suspect this is generally not well understood.

It looks like they are actually selling PARCELS. (Developed land with a building on it).  Since we don't know what kind of parcel types are included in the KS parcels, we can't be sure we are getting 10 different parcel types or do we get to choose 10 parcels of the types we want?  Maybe a KEEP parcel actually is included.

P.S.  Or maybe the KS parcels will be SWAMP parcels.  I hope not.

Edited by groovykool