Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have no strong feelings about what they do or do not put in the cash shop.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Cosmetics only is the route I would like to see. Armour/Weapon skins.

Maybe they could make it so that there are specific 'culture' skins for your EK which change the way buildings look within it, architecture etc. For example there would be a standard look that all buildings look like within your Eternal Kingdom, castles, villas etc would all have a default look, then when you purchase the Guinecean culture pack from then on all your buildings look like Guinecean buildings or maybe it allows you to start building Guinecean looking buildings and the other default buildings would stay. It would give you essentially the same buildings in terms of functions but more flavour to your Eternal Kingdom at extra cost.

I would like to only see cosmetics. No in game resources at all. I expect Artcraft to hold their word that it will not become pay2win. Trion Worlds promised this about Archeage. I spent 150$ for alpha and they said it wouldn't be pay2win. They ended up selling labor potions in the market, crafting materials, They rearranged the Founder starting back adding more items and more advantages to the pack after the game was released and did not reimburse us founders.

My big concern is that ArtCraft might go this route. I am also concerned that they will try a PAX model where f2p can purchase VIP through an item that another person purchased with real world currency then sold in game. This creates a pay2win atmosphere as well since they can sell the PAX in game then just purchase high end gear. ( I know that gear wont give a huge leverage, but still.) It also inflates the economy.

So only cosmetics for me and maybe cool looking mounts but they don't provide the same run speed or better than mounts tamed in the game.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I would like to only see cosmetics. No in game resources at all. I expect Artcraft to hold their word that it will not become pay2win. Trion Worlds promised this about Archeage. I spent 150$ for alpha and they said it wouldn't be pay2win. They ended up selling labor potions in the market, crafting materials, They rearranged the Founder starting back adding more items and more advantages to the pack after the game was released and did not reimburse us founders.

My big concern is that ArtCraft might go this route. I am also concerned that they will try a PAX model where f2p can purchase VIP through an item that another person purchased with real world currency then sold in game. This creates a pay2win atmosphere as well since they can sell the PAX in game then just purchase high end gear. ( I know that gear wont give a huge leverage, but still.) It also inflates the economy.

So only cosmetics for me and maybe cool looking mounts but they don't provide the same run speed or better than mounts tamed in the game.

I like the way Guild Wars did this, and totally agree with you. I would say cosmetic + convenience, things like name and gender changes are about as crazy as i'd get. I know you can buy gems and sell them for gold but i'm not sure that there's much they can do about this without hurting their ability to make money, and lets be honest here, they need to make money. No money no Crowfall- so on that note, I hope they make a killing.

I like the way Guild Wars did this, and totally agree with you. I would say cosmetic + convenience, things like name and gender changes are about as crazy as i'd get. I know you can buy gems and sell them for gold but i'm not sure that there's much they can do about this without hurting their ability to make money, and lets be honest here, they need to make money. No money no Crowfall- so on that note, I hope they make a killing.

I want them to succeed too. There is a line though of successful business and just greed though. My experience that the APEX/REX/PAX model encourages Gold sellers even more. Gold Sellers purchase the PAX with in game currency then sell for Real World currency at a lower cost. I don't like the idea of giving Gold sellers more avenues to corrupt the game.

Having 15$ a month for VIP brings in revenue and it wont be on the Blizzard scale since WoW has millions of subs, but ACE isn't as big as WoW so not as much jobs needing salaries. They bring in a cash shop with cosmetics and some convenience items to supplement their profits and they will do fine( possibly great). The key here is to be straight forward to their community with no pay2win at all( I see a lot of people leave games if there is a slight advantage by using money) and advertise. This game appeals to PVP which includes MMOs, MOBAS( Fast growing field, and I know some Moba players want a toon of their own with changing arenas) and strat games. That is a huge audience. Word just needs to get out and the public needs to see an honest company behind the project and they will back it. 

Edited by Vitalized

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

Armor dyes to change colors of armors.

Dyes seem to have been incredibly popular in Darkfall.  If these guys sold dyes on an itemshop, it would be a big money maker.  

Armor dyes to change colors of armors.

Dyes seem to have been incredibly popular in Darkfall.  If these guys sold dyes on an itemshop, it would be a big money maker.

I'd rather dyes be readily available and special dyes (jet black, iridescent colors, etc) be in the cash shop. SWTOR's dye lottery cash shop items are infuriating

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

I'll be happy with it as long as it sell any type of gear in it that can be used in game vs other players.