Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Farblue

Stretch Goals

a game like star citizen doesnt need 85 million either

Seems like it does.

A game like SC has way more room for fancy graphics, more content, more depth, more detail.

CF doesnt have room for that, or needs it.

Sure.. a bit more depth or some extra features.. but no need for actors, storylines, more detail (since its comix style graphics) etc..

So.. lets not compare pls

Seems like it does.

A game like SC has way more room for fancy graphics, more content, more depth, more detail.

CF doesnt have room for that, or needs it.

Sure.. a bit more depth or some extra features.. but no need for actors, storylines, more detail (since its comix style graphics) etc..

So.. lets not compare pls

The only reason Freelancer came out is because Microsoft took over and scaled back the project to something reasonable.

If no one's gonna kick Roberts out this time, well....

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Glad we have a professional game developer in the house who has released major game titles...

yes, that was sacrasm.

If that was directed at myself, the OP, then thank you. I spent time as a professional game designer for TSR (D&D Folks) and later, Pacesetter Games. I have numerous published work (Check Google for Garry Spiegle - my real name). I am now a retired vet and gaming is my retirement hobby. This is NOT sarcasm.

This is the OP. I never tried to compare the Game of SC to the Game of Crowfall. I was simply suggesting that Some of the crowdfunding tricks that made so much money might be usable by the Crowfall devs. The idea that they do not need much money is a little strange. I honestly believe they would appreciate more money and put it to good use. Especially in the hiring of additional experts which would improve the game and reduce the workload on as yet, a small group. Finally a few extra bucks would help get the game out sooner rather than later.

As for feature bloat? That is entirely up to the devs. They seem to know what they want and need. I trust that.

Finally, as to the comment about Chris Roberts being a drug addict. Very strange and made sarcastically I think. If not, it was a statement very liable to civil action. I really think and hope it was an idle comment and not intended as a statement of fact. Chris has done well by his game design and his backers.

This is the OP. I never tried to compare the Game of SC to the Game of Crowfall. I was simply suggesting that Some of the crowdfunding tricks that made so much money might be usable by the Crowfall devs. The idea that they do not need much money is a little strange. I honestly believe they would appreciate more money and put it to good use. Especially in the hiring of additional experts which would improve the game and reduce the workload on as yet, a small group. Finally a few extra bucks would help get the game out sooner rather than later.

As for feature bloat? That is entirely up to the devs. They seem to know what they want and need. I trust that.

Finally, as to the comment about Chris Roberts being a drug addict. Very strange and made sarcastically I think. If not, it was a statement very liable to civil action. I really think and hope it was an idle comment and not intended as a statement of fact. Chris has done well by his game design and his backers.

lol

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

jeezy chreezy dude

gtlLXYT.png

im smart and i want the devs to take more money for more features that will lengthen development even more, much like my favorite game, star citizen

it is truly a model for games that are fun and good and will one day come out

also chris roberts dont civil action me ok thanks

gtlLXYT.png

ummmm guys fyi feature bloat is a ~bad~ thing that gets games delayed indefinitely or even cancelled cuz it means they're always working on new stuff instead of finishing core game stuff and adding other things by patches later ^^;;;;

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

5swUqfE.jpg

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)