Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dravark

Crowfall What Might Need Revision.

I would like this topic to mostly be about how Crowfall functions as a whole, and how parts of it could impede gameplay. Lets talk about how we as the community see this game functioning now, and what just doesn't sound like it will work.

How I think "everyone gets an Eternal Kingdom and can have markets" will siphon the fun out of Crowfall for some players.

In Crowfall every player has an Eternal Kingdom, they are the head ruler of that kingdom. You own and control everything in it, but everyone has one. The developers are trying to make a player driven economy (which I think is great). This idea of large social hubs and markets in a large city is complex. This idea will be drowned down with everyone being able to make one. The only people who gain from making there Eternal Kingdom public are those with the largest and nicest kingdoms. Who has that kind of kingdom? It would be those that have the most resources (or spent the most real money on parcels). This inevitably will result in only a few Eternal Kingdoms having a living breathing player run market. Those that don't have that kind of money or resources will get disappointed with there empty public cities. Can it work with everyone having an Eternal Kingdom? What do the developers think, what does the community think will happen? 

Edited by Dravark

Everyone have the opportunity to have an EK.

This does not mean that everyone will be able to actually support one.

I imagine that most will be able to support a smaller one, IF they play in campaigns with generous export rules.

But, to build and support a large EK, you will ´most likely have to win campaigns or band together with others.

This is fine, because if the EKs really have to have some meaning (for anyone), they will have to have some kind of minimum effort to build and keep.

I am not sure what you are suggesting.

That only some can build EKs? Who are these people?

That everyone will get enough resources to build their EKs as big as they want?

I think the last one would be fine. But I don't care about the EKs much, so I might not be the best to ask.

But, seriously? What would be the problem in letting everyone build their EKs as big as they want? It is not like it does much without thralls and relics anyways.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

PS: I like how this thread starts out as a "Crowfall as a whole thread" and goes straight to the EKs.

At least we don't have to wait for the thread to turn into a discussion about EKs.

Good work OP.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Everyone have the opportunity to have an EK.

This does not mean that everyone will be able to actually support one.

I imagine that most will be able to support a smaller one, IF they play in campaigns with generous export rules.

But, to build and support a large EK, you will ´most likely have to win campaigns or band together with others.

This is fine, because if the EKs really have to have some meaning (for anyone), they will have to have some kind of minimum effort to build and keep.

I am not sure what you are suggesting.

That only some can build EKs? Who are these people?

That everyone will get enough resources to build their EKs as big as they want?

I think the last one would be fine. But I don't care about the EKs much, so I might not be the best to ask.

But, seriously? What would be the problem in letting everyone build their EKs as big as they want? It is not like it does much without thralls and relics anyways.

This.

Can either build your own or join others EKs.

Do you even FAQ, OP?

Everyone has the opportunity to create and be the leader of an amazing guild that is known for years, but most just join something already existing. However you still have to give everyone that chance

Edited by oberon

So, I wonder which main account the OP belongs to?  

This must be a secondary account for trolling.... 1st post and they think CF needs a revision because of EKs.  :lol:

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

can there be like a rule that people can't say [feature] is ruining the game until alpha is up and running and people can actually see how they works

No

I think the general rule is

"If I prefer something different than what is being presented, it will most certainly ruin the game"

I would like this topic to mostly be about how Crowfall functions as a whole, and how parts of it could impede gameplay. Lets talk about how we as the community see this game functioning now, and what just doesn't sound like it will work.

How I think "everyone gets an Eternal Kingdom and can have markets" will siphon the fun out of Crowfall for some players.

In Crowfall every player has an Eternal Kingdom, they are the head ruler of that kingdom. You own and control everything in it, but everyone has one. The developers are trying to make a player driven economy (which I think is great). This idea of large social hubs and markets in a large city is complex. This idea will be drowned down with everyone being able to make one. The only people who gain from making there Eternal Kingdom public are those with the largest and nicest kingdoms. Who has that kind of kingdom? It would be those that have the most resources (or spent the most real money on parcels). This inevitably will result in only a few Eternal Kingdoms having a living breathing player run market. Those that don't have that kind of money or resources will get disappointed with there empty public cities. Can it work with everyone having an Eternal Kingdom? What do the developers think, what does the community think will happen? 

That's what testing is for.  That's why there are alphas and betas.  Right now everyone has an opinion of what's on paper, but we will have to see it in practice to determine if modifications are needed.

Patience, grasshopper.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

Just to add SOMETHING new to this topic which is really tired at this point so I'm sure it's been said anyway. The players that bought bigger kingdoms and being able to build giant EKs right out of the gate is actually very necessary or every town you went to when the game is released would be pathetic and not worth visiting.

Also not everyone is going to use their EK for that purpose, I'm personally going to go to mine, drop off some stuff then leaving. Really though we don't know what its going to look like or how it will function so keep your socks on until beta so you can try it for yourself.

Edited by Gideon

The newbie question forum needs to be locked out for everyone but people under 50 posts and courant. It will probably drive him to insanity, but he's the only one with enough patience.

If we could sort by topics with the most replies, I'm sure new guys could spend a few weeks reading 40+ page threads on the same topics over and over again.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)