Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Show off your "Kickstarter Badge"

tr1age

Flex that e-peen or should it be real life disposable income-peen lol. 

Hey if you got it to spend, ROCK OUT!

Now time to bring the Rooster out to show it off!

What do you plan on doing with your 50 castles?

I.E. Why did you pick that pledge level?

Edited by tr1age

AltTabMe.com

It's less than 1080$ actually, if you consider the risk of the game failing or not living up to your expectations.

37% of fully funded kickstarter games actually deliver, so do your math. I'd say that it's slowly increasing and will hit roughly $1080, when it's clear that the game will be released no matter what, in such shape that you and most other people will consider playing it for 5 years.

Edited by rajah

It's alot less than 1080$ actually, if you consider the risk of the game failing or not living up to your expectations.

True enough, but for the first time in a while I have faith in the developers I'm backing.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

True enough, but for the first time in a while I have faith in the developers I'm backing.

Yeah I guess you have to factor in their experience and such, probably gving them more chances of getting access to additionall funding the. your average game dev, so the average 37% rate is not applicable. Most be something higher.

Also if the game is terribly good all those kickstarter items will become rares and will probably hold additional monetary value.

Edited by rajah

Faith feels good, but I personally prefer evidence-based decision making. Especially when money change hands.

I've never really understood why people want to just freely give away thousands of dollars to a company that may or may not produce something that will live up to their expectations. I'm more than willing to buy the game, and have, right now for 30 dollars since that's a discount on the actual product though.

But as for giving thousands of dollars... Look, if the game lives up to its expectations, I'd be willing to give a few thousand no problem. After all, if I'm putting 40 hours a week into this, those 40 hours mean a lot to me. But at this point, you really don't know what you're buying and could potentially be throwing your money down the drain.

And lol at people who claim this is an "investment." You don't own a piece of the game, company, and won't receive any monetary return. I'd much rather go drop x amount on a variable annuity and watch it grow for 20 years at 5% growth yearly.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

You can easily call it a risky investment, since given favorable circumstances you will be able to sell it and get a considerable return.

Edited by rajah