Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZaphodBeeblebrox

Gold Sellers in Crowfall

Uhh, who cares?

Kill them in campaigns and take all their hard work.

EK gold/resources will minimally impact campaigns due to severely restricted import rules.

If people want to buy a ton of junk for their EK on black markets, then more power to them. I hope they enjoy their huge happy lands!

So there has been scattered discussion about gold farmers in Crowfall, even more so with the coinage info drop. So, how do you think gold sellers would operate in Crowfall? Where will they operate? Do you think they will sell coins or resources?

They will have to be well organized and good at the game.

Like Todd has said if they are effectively able to do that, at that point are they Gold Farmers or just playing the game?

I wouldn't worry about it. 

I think most gold sellers will take your money, arrange to meet you to trade it (I assume there won't be a mailbox system in the campaigns), then kill you and take your stuff.  ACE should also have a policy of perma-banning you if you complain about being ripped off by a gold seller (you were buying gold, after all, naughty naughty).  Or the other way, it's not gold selling, they're just inadvertently selling you a free kill on them when you meet up.

I'm not really seeing gold farming and selling in Crowfall as being a particularly profitable way to spend one's life...

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Like Todd has said if they are effectively able to do that, at that point are they Gold Farmers or just playing the game?

I wouldn't worry about it. 

This mitigates it somewhat, but don't underestimate what you can get done with 1$/hour labor force somewhere in the third-world country.

I think the only way to address this problem is to make sure that any gold seller has to compete with entire player base (like in EVE) when selling. This makes it largely uneconomical and keep them in check via supply&demand.