Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZaphodBeeblebrox

Gold Sellers in Crowfall

There will absolutely be some RMT. It's pretty much unavoidable. However as someone else stated it's likely going to be very hard/impossible to bot this game efficiently. I have a feeling it's going to take some serious coordination and skill to make enough gold to make it worth it for most potential farmers.

I'm sure some of the top players/organizations might do some RMT to make money on the side (depending on how harsh ACE is on it obviously) but other than that I don't see this game being a good business venture for most farming sites.

It is the chat spam from Gold Sellers that annoys me.  Please give us one-click mute / report functionality directly from the name in chat. 

I really scratch my head when a modern MMO does not address this issue right from the start.  I think it was FFXIV that required you to submit a ticket to support, and manually add an offending spammer to your chat preferences which also had a limit to how many names could be added - all very cumbersome.  And then the spammers would use wacky names with invisible characters so you couldn't even do that.

rSHxVEY.gif

Why would a gold seller kill you during the transaction? That would reflect poorly on their business and trust. They will always request payment first.

Why do you think gold sellers are incapable of hiding their stashes in Campaigns? Mule characters can stay logged off (with their inventories) until a withdrawal is needed. Ganking a farmer is a drop in the bucket.

I'm still on the fence as to how much of a problem RMT will be, if any.

I don't think it will be much of an issue. It's not like people need to buy ultra elite gear, to gate into some kind of progression, to get even godlier gear. People only buy gold when play is so boring and grindy that they rather shortcut than do it themselves. If the game is built properly, people will be having too much fun playing legit.

And with the rules of compaigns changing, each world different, and things coming to an end, it would take time to establish best ways to make gold, and then the worlds will end and restart. Honestly it will likely be from legit playing and crafting/selling, making money off players and selling surplus if it even happens.

Just make mining and the initial ore transport not handled by a player avatar. NPC's generally can't teleport hack or logout to preserve their inventory from raiders.

So the farmers either have to stay logged in and defend their claim (hey 24/7 pvp on demand!) or they have to gank their own NPC miners/caravan to grab what loot they are carrying if they see people coming.

Then make NPC hireling deaths cost a not insignificant amount of money to repop them. :lol:

Edited by Overkillengine

It is the chat spam from Gold Sellers that annoys me.  Please give us one-click mute / report functionality directly from the name in chat.

I really scratch my head when a modern MMO does not address this issue right from the start.  I think it was FFXIV that required you to submit a ticket to support, and manually add an offending spammer to your chat preferences which also had a limit to how many names could be added - all very cumbersome.  And then the spammers would use wacky names with invisible characters so you couldn't even do that.

That game is a gold farmers heaven. It really turned me off it as well. I think that like people said it will be easy to kill gold farmers, you might even be able to trap them by baiting them with a false sale and then abusing them. Not sure how that would work but it would be funny.

Gold farmer... isn't that just called a miner? :)

I hope we can deck out our EK structures with gold cellars! 8D

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

My favorite time spent in UO was teleporting around to all the colored ore veins, killing the korean farmers, looting the hours of their work, and then using those resources to grind my own GM smith.

Only time I was on the bounty board on Sonoma.  Those suckers hated it.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Well here is something to think about when it comes to gold farmers, Combat logging. If the farmer is under attack or being chased I am sure they will just log out, wait some time or load up another character and continue on with their farming.

Edited by Simokon

Well here is something to think about when it comes to gold farmers. Combat logging if the farmer is under attack or being chased I am sure they will just log out, wait some time or load up another character and continue on with their farming.

The problem for them will, hopefully, be that for successful farming in larger quantities they are going to have to take over mining POIs. These will also likely be limited in number and hotly contested PvP areas.

Again, not saying they can't do it, but, just like the rest of us they are going to have to be able to protect their turf (so to speak) with force. They also may need to caravan it back to a safe haven for storage. 

And, any mule characters they are planning on will cost them box price of the game.

they're just trying to make a living

A hard thing to make when you keep getting killed. :)

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Crowfall is the probably the only game I have absolutely zero concerns about gold sellers. If they are obviously botting or spamming the chat they will be killed. Like A LOT.

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

I remember watching the latest botting in WildStar and ArcheAge. The bots would teleport to each node and mine them underground. In archeage, they would craft packs and teleport right when the pack was crafted to an inaccessible part of the map and drop them or hand them in. If they dropped them, then the handler would use another bot to hand them in later. These spots are not accessible to players.

I think botters are damn smart and always figure out something. Greed drives them. What if they have a predefined campaign that isn't very attractive to the player core and use a server that has an odd start time to fill the campaign with bots(this was used in dots 2 to farm item drops). They then exploit the nodes available to maximize inventory on one of the winning bots and remove said resource.

In this game, making a "gold shop" or farming is a terrible idea. Most gold will be stored away and flaunting the fact you have tons on you at all times (enough to sell to others) and farm for it regularly is like a big neon sign in the sky pointing at you saying "Look at this idiot! Come rob him blind!". The key to not getting robbed or cheated is by not flaunting your money and getting a reputation of being a huge gold target. You do that, you open a store, people will come in small clans or guilds and wipe you out. Plus what would a gold "seller" do? Sell gold...the thing everyone most likely can make on their own reasonably easily? Assuming you are talking gold coins. Gold armor and weapons might be a good shop to open, but gold coins are useless as every shop will most likely use some form of gold coin transaction for each purchase.

lol, the embarrassment!!!

It used to happen in Lin2.  Higher lvl gold farmers in lower level areas PKing to preserve their farming spots.

Then again, they usually painted a pretty big target on their heads after doing so and would get taken out.

Were still annoying.

It's definitely a bit early to speculate on how they would function in Crowfall, but I agree with many of the above, it doesn't seem to be set up in a way that makes it profitable for them... which is good.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader