Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skiim

What would an EK be like with a lot Diamond/Bloodstone backers?

Depends how good they are in the campaigns

doesn't matter that much. not like they have to get the resources for the buildings.

But with a lot of bs/dia backers, it was just be huge with lots of buildings and shrewd aholes around every corner. and i'm not even talking about the backers yet.

doesn't matter that much. not like they have to get the resources for the buildings.

But with a lot of bs/dia backers, it was just be huge with lots of buildings and shrewd aholes around every corner. and i'm not even talking about the backers yet.

Pretty sure you still need resources to make the building "work". ie have to pay upkeep and maintenance upfront or something even though you can place it.

Pretty sure you still need resources to make the building "work". ie have to pay upkeep and maintenance upfront or something even though you can place it.

most, if not all of their parcels are tax free. the buildings come with it. they don't need anything. they can stay in their ek for the whole game if they choose good vendors.

most, if not all of their parcels are tax free. the buildings come with it. they don't need anything. they can stay in their ek for the whole game if they choose good vendors.

lol

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

You still need thralls to fill up the slots in your kingdom, which come from the campaigns.

Why place your own thralls? If I were bloodstone, I'd place everything, be huge, then rent out space. Offer a few cheap spots to people you know will drive traffic (if someone wanted to run an inn, and could prove it'd be active, comp the rent), then charge the rest.

Edited by Hi!

Probably look like an EK with a bunch of diamond/bloodstone backers. Please discuss/enlighten, OP.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I bet you can buy thralls in the store soon.

I actually wouldn't mind this.

Have the EKS be like a FB game where you can either earn it or buy it.

As long as they keep the effect on the real game at minimal.

They could make some money and spend it on improving the campaigns and use the same premises as they do now, meaning everything in EK is parts from the campaigns

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Not really, http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6470-new-strongholds-in-store/page-3#entry169114 Still need resources (and Campaigns) to make things work. Vendors, Artifacts, stuff to sell ie resources or gear made from those resources still all needs to come from the Campaigns.

So yeah a bunch of whale backers can put down a bunch of castles and make it look all pretty but they won't get much use out if until they get resources out of the Campaigns.

EDIT: added link

Edited by pang

It depends on if they can attract the people to populate the EK. If not, it will be a very pretty ghost town.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I think the point is, If tax per parcel is restrictively expensive Bloodstone and Diamond backers may have quite the advantage when building a larger EK. If you imagine two serious guilds one with and one without tax free parcels. Both trying their best to fill their EK.

Will be nice once we know more about costs associated with building EKs. I can only imagine parcel tax will be fairly insignificant to balance this.

Tax Free Parcels:

160 Bloodstone
100 Diamond
10 Ruby
5 Sapphire
4 Amber
3 Gold
3 Silver
2 Bronze
2 Backer
1 Contributor

Edited by jediaaron