Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rajah

First shot from Warcraft the movie

It'll be like every animated movie ever.  There's a program you can run for it.

if (creator==Disney)

return orgasm;

else if (creator==Dreamworks)

return elation;

else

return pain;

Of course, there's also the occasional patch and update 1.1 added the following lines:

else if (creator=="Square Pictures")

return suicidalthoughts;

or Hollywood will screw it up royally and make super Mario brothers movie the Warcraft version!

Danny DeVito as Gurash

Ben Aflack as Arthas

oh It can be bad...real bad

Edited by hillbilly

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I have a good feeling about the movie... they got some great actors and a good director behind it.  Blizzard also busted out the wallet and got some real quality CG people. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

It'll be like every animated movie ever.  There's a program you can run for it.

if (creator==Disney)

return orgasm;

else if (creator==Dreamworks)

return elation;

else

return pain;

Of course, there's also the occasional patch and update 1.1 added the following lines:

else if (creator=="Square Pictures")

return suicidalthoughts;

I liked The Spirits Within and Advent Children a lot. Certainly more than Brave, How to Herp Your Derpin 1/2, Any Toy Story besides the first, Tangled, any Shrek besides the first, and Finding Emo.

OJN1n7E.png

Our franchise is in trouble and our breadwinner is foundering, quick, let's make a movie of it!

Logic.

Which franchise and which breadwinner?  WoW has seen more in microtransactions every year and they went back up to 10million subs with the last expansion, they've since gone back down but that's the cycle we've come to expect with their model, though it had been a long time since they had been over the 10million mark in general so that was a very good sign. 

Which franchise and which breadwinner?  WoW has seen more in microtransactions every year and they went back up to 10million subs with the last expansion, they've since gone back down but that's the cycle we've come to expect with their model, though it had been a long time since they had been over the 10million mark in general so that was a very good sign. 

I'm not going to pretend to be a market analyst or anything, but there's a lot going on with the World of Warcraft MMO that makes me wonder about it. If you take a look at their published quarterly subscriber rates, three months after Warlords of Draenor happened, it's like it never happened, and WoW has gone from 7.4 million subscribers, to 10 million subscribers, back down to 7.1 million, all of this over the course of six months. If you take a look at their entire history no other expansion has 'spiked' even remotely like this one has, not in 07 when BC was released, not in 08 when LOTLK was released, there was a tiny rise in 2010 when Cata came out, and a rather nice up-spike for mists of pandering in 2012, but the trend has been declining since it's hay-day mid-wrath. I think their analysts can see the writing on the wall and they're going to milk the WoW crowd for everything they can before they pull the plug on that branch of the franchise instead of keeping it on life-support for the sake of nostalgia.

This includes making a grab at the pockets of the lore-nerds and bitter-vets who would risk exposure to the sun to see what they invested at least part of their young-adulthood in painted upon the silver screen in three glorious, high-definition, dimensions.

It'll be interesting to see how this next quarter turns out, since WoW tokens had only been announced in march they may see some rebound, though how many people are going to legitimately put that much effort into obtaining 20,000 gold a month to continue playing, especially after A.B. so masterfully waved the ban-hammer this last week? That this comes practically hand-in-hand with the announcement that 6.2 is going to be a 'no fly zone' really doesn't really spin it well in the PR arena so it could go either way.

I liked The Spirits Within and Advent Children a lot. Certainly more than Brave, How to Herp Your Derpin 1/2, Any Toy Story besides the first, Tangled, any Shrek besides the first, and Finding Emo.

I suppose everyone is welcome to have bad taste.

I'm not going to pretend to be a market analyst or anything, but there's a lot going on with the World of Warcraft MMO that makes me wonder about it. If you take a look at their published quarterly subscriber rates, three months after Warlords of Draenor happened, it's like it never happened, and WoW has gone from 7.4 million subscribers, to 10 million subscribers, back down to 7.1 million, all of this over the course of six months. If you take a look at their entire history no other expansion has 'spiked' even remotely like this one has, not in 07 when BC was released, not in 08 when LOTLK was released, there was a tiny rise in 2010 when Cata came out, and a rather nice up-spike for mists of pandering in 2012, but the trend has been declining since it's hay-day mid-wrath. I think their analysts can see the writing on the wall and they're going to milk the WoW crowd for everything they can before they pull the plug on that branch of the franchise instead of keeping it on life-support for the sake of nostalgia.

This includes making a grab at the pockets of the lore-nerds and bitter-vets who would risk exposure to the sun to see what they invested at least part of their young-adulthood in painted upon the silver screen in three glorious, high-definition, dimensions.

It'll be interesting to see how this next quarter turns out, since WoW tokens had only been announced in march they may see some rebound, though how many people are going to legitimately put that much effort into obtaining 20,000 gold a month to continue playing, especially after A.B. so masterfully waved the ban-hammer this last week? That this comes practically hand-in-hand with the announcement that 6.2 is going to be a 'no fly zone' really doesn't really spin it well in the PR arena so it could go either way.

I dunno man WoW hadn't been above 10million subs since wrath, and it got back up to 10million, as far as losing millions of subs, that's how all their expansions work these days... people come back and play which is why the subs spike, and then they go away until the next expansion.