Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Eternal Kingdom Q&A - Official discussion thread

Everyone is excited and impatient to know more, this is natural and we'll all have to wait for the development team to flush it all out.   I'm confident that they will release the information as soon as they are comfortable that things are more stable than they are in flux.

The only concern I have, and what has pushed my earlier threads, has been the deadline to decide whether to increase my KS backing or not.  If we didn't have this early deadline to chose, then I could sit back and let the information flow out naturally.  Maybe the CF team should consider ending the "Gift to a friend" and "buy a second KS package"  at the end of June but leave the ability to upgrade your KS package until all the details around those rewards have developed.

Again,  I back any decision the CF team makes and I don't, and will not, regret my backing in any way no matter what happens.  I am considering a Diamond or more backing but it is truly difficult to make that decision at this point.

We'll wait patiently for the answers to develop.

~NRage 

Was referring to this comment that was made "They are the meta game". I was of the understanding that the cw was the game and the EK was the game service. Ofc there is interest in both :)

Yeah I get ya ellie. That word "meta" is so over used and missed used in the gaming world I now cringe at the sight of it lol.

However if the CW are considered "the game" then EK could be concisered meta aka out side the game. But it's still in CF so yeah...not technically meta xD

Liking how it's sounding, so far. 

Still think there should be some sort of opt-in siege mechanism for willing EK participants.  Maybe one that doesn't allow "capture" but one that allows "destruction" - i.e. destroying building enhancements/structures and forcing the losing guild to rebuild with resources.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Liking how it's sounding, so far. 

Still think there should be some sort of opt-in siege mechanism for willing EK participants.  Maybe one that doesn't allow "capture" but one that allows "destruction" - i.e. destroying building enhancements/structures and forcing the losing guild to rebuild with resources.

You do realize they can just do that in the campaigns.  There's no reason to do that in the EK's other than to just piss people off and destroy the only thing they can build that doesn't get "Reset".  It is 100% contradictory to the entire philosophy of preventing the Big Boys from ruling the game.  It would also encourage "zerg" tactics as then numbers become increasingly important.  Lastly, it would force EK's to consolidate or else be destroyed.

All in all, warring EK's simply will not work in Crowfall.  If warring empires is what you want, go buy Camelot Unchained.  This is not that game.

so ... where is the new video of the combat iteration your working on? oh this is an EK thread my bad............

- Guess my profile picture was too much for the forum Mod... I best leave it blank I already picked the least offensive one I had!

A few bits of new information, but not really in the lane of what I'm interested in. Thanks for consolidating though, Pann. Hopefully it curbs some of the repeat threads (who am I kidding).

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

So would it be possible to build my kingdom alone? 

I know it would be yes but it's just a silly question!

Anyway great news and update.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

You do realize they can just do that in the campaigns. There's no reason to do that in the EK's other than to just piss people off and destroy the only thing they can build that doesn't get "Reset". It is 100% contradictory to the entire philosophy of preventing the Big Boys from ruling the game. It would also encourage "zerg" tactics as then numbers become increasingly important. Lastly, it would force EK's to consolidate or else be destroyed.

All in all, warring EK's simply will not work in Crowfall. If warring empires is what you want, go buy Camelot Unchained. This is not that game.

Ok to help you BOTH out the answer can be found in the EK FAQ.

26. WHAT CAN OTHER PLAYERS DO IN MY KINGDOM?

As the Monarch, you control the administration of your kingdom. You can set the PvP rules, collect taxes and grant regions, provinces, boroughs and tracks to other players, making them part of your kingdom. You can collect taxes in whatever form you want to from your vassals, be it resources or materials. Hey, it’s good to be the monarch!

So...yes you CAN PvP in EKs and it is an Opt-in system set by the monarch. Devs during a stream have even eluded to maybe letting players set the win condition and ante up for a winner takes all prize pool. Edited by Keaggan

Thank you for putting this summary together.

Much easier to refer people to that.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

there is still a huge degree of overlap in terms of system and content reuse (I'm guessing 90% or more?)

Will there be land ownership?

Will there be vessels?

Will there be tax?

I want to play the EKs, except inside the campaigns.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

So what you're trying to say is the game is a moba?

Mid or I feed.

Where did you get moba from?

Ok to help you BOTH out the answer can be found in the EK FAQ.

So...yes you CAN PvP in EKs and it is an Opt-in system set by the monarch. Devs during a stream have even eluded to maybe letting players set the win condition and ante up for a winner takes all prize pool.

Well actually JTC has been backing away from EK battle declarations for some time now - it was something that sounded neat early on.  Look to the replacement tournament system as the new "end game" pvp.

rSHxVEY.gif

Well actually JTC has been backing away from EK battle declarations for some time now - it was something that sounded neat early on.  Look to the replacement tournament system as the new "end game" pvp.

End game PvP?

You mean building and knocking down giant fantasy empires isn't the end-game, and it's been replaced with some kind of ~elite~ 1v1 e-honor [DEROGATORY WORDS] tournament? What a load of crap.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

I want my EK!! where is my EK!!monkey60.gifWe all want to talk about EK's,you  know what we want is EK'smonkey17.gif

Yesss!!monkey75.gif

TSCCC-member

TheHateCrew- core member

We've consolidated some of the information from our forum that Todd gave about EKs

FULL STORY 

"...Strongholds don't actually have a "natural" tax rate; they apply a modifier to the buildings on them. Adjacent resource parcels affect this modifier..."

What does that mean? Will a stronghold lower or rise the tax rate? Also isnt the stronghold beside the parcels it has also a building? So will that building have a tax rate too?

Darklor

"Out of the dark, into the dark."

I've got a question regarding this question/answer:

Q: If I have a private home/house on a parcel owned by someone else and this guy evicts me, what happens to my house and its contents?

JTC: It goes back into your account bank, so you can drop it somewhere else.  You don't lose anything. The land on that kingdom then reverts to "wild" (undeveloped) land, and the kingdom's monarch (or noble) can drop something else in those cells.

Will there be any kind of template system to remember the position and order of my parcel and it's contents?

So say I do get evicted, and I had everything in my house just so, would I have to re-position everything all over again?

I think it could get rather tiresome if you have to unpack every time you move house.

"...Strongholds don't actually have a "natural" tax rate; they apply a modifier to the buildings on them. Adjacent resource parcels affect this modifier..."

What does that mean? Will a stronghold lower or rise the tax rate? Also isnt the stronghold beside the parcels it has also a building? So will that building have a tax rate too?

A stronghold or any other structure would require monthly upkeep if it's on a taxable parcel.

So that raises the tax on the parcel for every structure you improve it with.

Resource parcels probably provide resources like crops, lumber, etc. but they won't provide metal ores.

EK worlds would be like A Planet Called Treason  with no metal resources to mine.

Q: Regarding the tax-free parcels from the Kickstarter pledge package, are those Stronghold Parcels or Resource Parcels?

JTC: Those are resource parcels. Strongholds don't actually have a "natural" tax rate; they apply a modifier to the buildings on them. Adjacent resource parcels affect this modifier.

Substitute Parcels for Strongholds in the answer and it makes sense. This must be a typographic error.

EDIT: Now I wonder if I can put buildings on my tax-free parcels?

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)