Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fashion and it's influence in Crowfall.

rLIgQfj.jpg

There comes a time when everyone eventually thinks to themselves "damn, what the hell am I doing with my life?", do you know what these people tend to change first? That's right, their fashion.

What does this have to do with a Massively Multiplayer Online Game? Mostly nothing, except for pure facts. The truth is, people enjoy putting somewhat of an effort into thier looks, even more so, with their massively multiplayer online video game character. You see this a lot when games start to introduce "skins" or "transform" an equipment item to customize your armor.

BE54GRS.jpg

"You look amazing in real life but your massively multiplayer online video game character knows no bounds when it comes to being a fashionista!"

People enjoy feeling good about themselves, even if you're a sloth in real life 9 times out of 10 chances you still will create and maintain a high level of fashionable creativity for your massively multiplayer online video game character when the opportunity shows itself to you. Character customization be damned if it does not include being creative with your gear, most games fall into the hole of everyone looks the same, and I hope this doesn't bode for Crowfall falling into the same trap.

mPILcwp.jpg

The important thing is that, hopefully Crowfall will implement a good system to allow players to customize their characters by changing the way their massively multiplayer online video game character looks to other massively multiplayer online video game character players. Hopefully in a good and just way instead of an after-thought.

When you're spilling blood on the battlefield, you might as well look good while doing it.

The one with woman in black beside the grave should also be taken down for being inappropriate LOL.

I think these images have already affect my opinion on your view of fashion already.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Crowfall is pay2fabulous

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I JUST GOT ANOTHER WARNING POINT FOR POSTING THAT. Excessive use of medieval imagery and historical period based discrimination against modern clothing. Possible violence For undefined reason.

(joke)

Edited by rajah

I'm honestly kinda fearful for the fashion potential for Crowfall. The fact that archetypes are as different as they are may mean that the vast majority of armor models may end up being archetype specific. Meaning, there will be less options per class for outfits.

Although, if they go the valve route, and open development for cosmetic items up to the community, for a cut of the proceeds, then we'd probably see a lot more variety.

I dunno. Honestly playing virtual dress up is a large source of enjoyment for me personally in online games (I have $1000+ in dota2 cosmetics), but I'm not very hopeful on that front for crowfall.

Edited by Hi!

If the design intent is that you should be able to identify a stranger's archetype at a glance from across the field- and it is- then yes, your sartorial flexibility is going to be somewhat limited.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

WAR had the whole silhouette design concept going for it, too, but I still found a wide variety of pretty nice looking armor and the dyes made it easy to create your own look.

But considering what happened to WAR, it's probably a bad example.

Armor dye should absolutely be a thing out of the gate, if nothing else.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

WAR had the whole silhouette design concept going for it, too, but I still found a wide variety of pretty nice looking armor and the dyes made it easy to create your own look.

But considering what happened to WAR, it's probably a bad example.

Armor dye should absolutely be a thing out of the gate, if nothing else.

There is armor dye and/or tinting in CF. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4273-031115-were-halfway-there/

rLIgQfj.jpg

Imagine just doing your own thing in the campaign world with your friends, everyone is having a good time, then this guy shows up with a sword in hand.

you try to say that you dont want any trouble but his sweater lusts for your blood

after killing 4 of your friends and stealing all your resources, he then points his finger at you the other pointing at the snake on his neck

"my sweather is better than yours"

then he leaves while laughing, while you sob yourself until you logoff

no i do not support the implementation of this clothing in Crowfall!

Edited by HyperStan

They showed, using the knight, the range of armor you can expect for any given archetype. You will never 'break' the look of your archetype. So fashion is thrown out the window pretty much.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

They showed, using the knight, the range of armor you can expect for any given archetype. You will never 'break' the look of your archetype. So fashion is thrown out the window pretty much.

No, no, you can't break the instantly-recognizable 'look', but you can still look nice.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

13th-century-costumes-002.jpg

They can easily create various medieval/renaissance looks for each archetype

renaissance-costumes-clothing-032.jpg

That was something suitable for the PvP folk.

Edited by rajah