Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

A change to our forums - Official discussion thread

This was my call btw.  Looking forward to the discussion.

Customer support contacts should go to support@artcraftent.com, not our private messages.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I don't like the fact that we end up losing a lot of constructive posters who were not backers, and we'll miss their contributions.

During this phase of development we want to focus our energy and attention on backers, they've made this game development possible and we owe them our best efforts.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

but who would pay to post on a forum, i just dont get it

I suspect not many people. But this is not the point. The point is that only people who support the game are allowed to give feedback (currently) on these forums, while the people who not have decided yet to back - or play- Crowfall are restricted to ask questions in a single forum where (hopefully) they get the answers they seek. And we all hope they change their minds and join us in Crowfall.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

It's a balancing act IMO.  On one hand the all inclusive anyone can hop on boards approach is more in line with the open and frank style that ACE has been using on these boards to interact with us.

On the other hand open boards run the risk of straying into "this is why we can't have nice things" territory and damaging not only the public perception of CF but impacting the experience that folks are having on the boards overall.

Well, though it causes a bit of a twinge to say it (closed boards ack eeek noooooo), I trust your judgement about this Tyrant.  Raise the drawbridge, fill the moat, and man the ramparts!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I beleive that unless it's obvious Griefing,

if somebody starts sending private messages its only because they are unable to get an answer or an explanation via the official support channel. As people tend to escalate when they are unheard.

The only real solution here is to fix your support channel, rather then blame it on the bad client. It will do alot of good in the long term.

Thats just my experience from working with customer support.

Edited by rajah

Newly registered people, who are not backers, will have a forum to post their questions for 30 days after registering

I just want to make sure I understand this clearly, after someone registers they will only have 30 days to post in the newbie forum. After that their posting privs are removed.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, I'd rather see them have indefinite access to that forum as the questions are going to keep coming in as more information is released. 

I do think i understand where you're coming from on a moderation perspective, though. Going along the vein of lessening the crowfall moderators' load, but still giving people an open forum for discussion maybe we could highlight some of the fansites. Maybe a footnote in the post made today and a sticky that stands out. That'll be a good way to lessen the load and I'm sure the sites would love a spotlight.