Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

A change to our forums - Official discussion thread

x sigh x I guess we need to fight the gonzo wars again?   There is no resemblance in CF to Wiz.  Although some wish there were.  And always have.   PVE was wanted above all else.  Along with dungeons, cosmetic pets, and all the other things that go along with a Tweenie game.  From what I see the game core of CF has NOT changed , no matter that other aspects ( small ) may have.  There is no correlation in the battle mechanics between a turn based card system and a ffa full loot system.  None.  So why discuss it?   They want to come back and discuss the EK's ( agree there is similarity there ) and the money that can be made there as that is the game service?  Sure why not? ACE needs all the money it can get to perfect  core module.   Wiz money is just as good as any.  But when they come back ( as we know they will, this change in the forum strongly resembles or may end up being like KI's) they will do the same thing they do in wiz.  Demand and whine.  Want things to be their way because of their fat purses.  The fantastic plastic is what allowed that game and its adult players to appear the be "better" and more "elite"  than the very players, the tweens, that the game was created for.  

Players here are passionate about what they want, Wiz players are no less so.  Their methods are just different on how they achieve their objective.  Waving the plastic ( and threatening to withhold it if they don't get their way) and using passive aggressive tactics ( let's all smile and giggle constantly and squelch any opinion that differs ) is much more toxic than the straight forward but abrasive tactics of "other" gamers.  IMO.  

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

x sigh x I guess we need to fight the gonzo wars again?   There is no resemblance in CF to Wiz.  Although some wish there were.  And always have.   

Players here are passionate about what they want, Wiz players are no less so.  There methods are just different on how they achieve their objective.  Waving the plastic ( and threatening to withhold it if they don't get their way) and using passive aggressive tactics ( let's all smile and giggle constantly and squelch any opinion that differs ) is much more toxic than the straight forward but abrasive tactics of "other" gamers.  IMO.  

Ah, ellie, remember the days of idle chat that involved comparing art style in Crowfall to that of Wizzie? Or how about noting that pet training looks a lot like character skill progression in Crowfall? Or maybe you'll remember how I noted that pet training in Pirate is quite familiar in the context of passive character progression in Crowfall? I still have that one pic you sent of the Crowfall line up. It's on my Crow page; thank you so much for the share. 

I love that you chose to almost reply to my post.

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Ah, ellie, remember the days of idle chat that involved comparing art style in Crowfall to that of Wizzie? Or how about noting that pet training looks a lot like character skill progression in Crowfall? Or maybe you'll remember how I noted that pet training in Pirate is quite familiar in the context of passive character progression in Crowfall? I still have that one pic you sent of the Crowfall line up. It's on my Crow page; thank you so much for the share. 

I love that you chose to almost reply to my post.

Agreed!  There is similarity to the art style.   But art style does not a game make.  Nor do cosmetic pets.  And yes, the little furry guy has a slew of brothers in Wiz.  I even posted it ( that same pic ) here in the forums.   BUT, that scares the heck out of me.  Because I do not want CF to be another Wiz 2.0.  

My answer to your post was that the Wiz ppl wanted one form of combat as opposed to what is planned for CF.  They could not seem to stomach the ffa full loot concept.  They are used to different "ways".   And what appears to be a different pay model to play and excel at a game.   

Just because art is the same does that mean the game should/ could be the same?   

The wizzy's could still be here if they were willing to accept CF for what it is.   Warts, tr0lls and all.  They weren't run off.  They retreated to the spiral when things got rough because they aren't used to life outside of it.   The wiz atmosphere was created to protect children,  And adults used that to their advantage.  

I think Todd and Tully said, more than once, that the Vision has not changed.   Same as it was on day 1.   Don't want to kill 10 more rats.  

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Warts, tr0lls and all.

Ewww...warts are for life!!!

I stopped reading some of the other posts because they were simply too long and pretty off topic, but are folks drawing a parallel to other games because other games have introduced forums that require a subscription to post?  If so, I think people are forgetting the intention, which has already been clearly stated by GW MANY times, of why this was done.

MANY MANY people here advocated for a backer only sub-forum.  How is this, in the grand scheme of things, any different?

[@--(o.O)@]

I mean, the fact this thread isn't closed already says a lot... must have quite the patience for people pushing the boundaries just to see what they can get away with~

So yea, just think about that.  Nothing has really changed other than a 5 dollar paywall which even if some alt account comes along to player and gets banned, ACE gains resources towards their goal instead of spending manpower sifting through everything and not get anything out of it. Business is Business and money greases the production wheel.

People don't really realize that they think a certain group is circlejerky and cliquey enough to drive others away, but there's more than just one circlejerky group going on and if you really want to tinfoil it up, everyone's in cahoots and Pann is the puppet master and you've been sorely rused, you're the only one not in on it kid~

At the end of the day, who cares about ANY of them? Just either contribute or obviously, you want to be part of the "drama". It's hypocritical and it goes both ways. I'm just amused as to how it got quiet and then once this paywall was introduced, we're talking about toxicity and negative atmosphere all of a sudden. Am I missing something, have you not been to the Shadowbane subforums? See, if you admit to that then you're guilty of the circlejerking, might as well just stick to your favorite subforums with your comfort group and just contribute to the general discussion, and custard off with this drama nonsense.

Like, wew lad wew. Two camps. I'm not even friends with anybody~ (save a few chill ones)

AHYmaV1.jpg

Why? Because this driving people away with negativity is a load of horse poorly made socks. If people really cared enough, they'd just go actively contribute when information is disseminated instead of making redundant threads, or half-thought out ones lends to the static. Or they either just lighten up and get in on the joke. The ones that just "stick it out" (please, it's an internet forum, there's nothing to endure, we're not in a vietnam PoW camp) are here to stay because they believe in this project and want the welcome change. Ironically, two camps both are supporting the game.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Agreed!  There is similarity to the art style.   But art style does not a game make.  Nor do cosmetic pets.  And yes, the little furry guy has a slew of brothers in Wiz.  I even posted it ( that same pic ) here in the forums.   BUT, that scares the heck out of me.  Because I do not want CF to be another Wiz 2.0.  

No one that I know from the Spiral wants Wiz 2.0. You might assume that, but there was never any evidence that the discussion evolved to the point that anyone expressed PvE now and always!, except for your sometime friend Blaze. Are you still friends with her? 

For the rest of you: Blaze, well known and disdained by a lot of wizards, was not representative of the general opinions of wizards. S/he came here in the early days of the CF forums and demanded PvE and solo play. Unfortunately, we've all been painted with the same gonzo brush. 

As far as I know, we all retain our individual motivations and inspirations, which brought many wizards and pirates to this new game made by an exceptional story teller and game maker who gave us years of immersive MMO play. It's a shame there isn't space in the forums for the thoughtful person to ruminate on the essential elements that are clearly woven in among multiple games, Wiz, Pirate, and Shadowbane included.  

The Gonzo Wars are over; this is the aftermath. That is all. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Ewww...warts are for life!!!

I stopped reading some of the other posts because they were simply too long and pretty off topic, but are folks drawing a parallel to other games because other games have introduced forums that require a subscription to post?  If so, I think people are forgetting the intention, which has already been clearly stated by GW MANY times, of why this was done.

MANY MANY people here advocated for a backer only sub-forum.  How is this, in the grand scheme of things, any different?

I was responding to this statement " Will the change to forum policy bring some intelligent and accomplished wizards AND other members back to the conversation? "  and stating my opinion of why the wizzy's left.

Sorry it was long.  As I iv in more coffee they will get shorter.

And I agree.  This is no different than any other forum that requires backing.   

Edited by ellie

Sorry it was long.  

Wasn't just picking on your post for being long.  A lot of them were.  I typically don't mind reading a long winded post if it's on topic, but to try and sift through some of the longer ones to make sense of W101 stuff?  Meh.  This is Crowfall, not W101, W102, etc.

Also, yes more coffee please...

[@--(o.O)@]

It feels like a horrible attempt to silence the forums a bit. Pay to say is a horrible idea regardless.

Anyone who were driven away by forum posts obviously would not survive the PvP game. I almost feel as if ACE does not understand the audience they originally pandered to.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

It feels like a horrible attempt to silence the forums a bit. Pay to say is a horrible idea regardless.

Anyone who were driven away by forum posts obviously would not survive the PvP game. I almost feel as if ACE does not understand the audience they originally pandered to.

Don't really see the correlation. If you don't want to deal with people being jerks and the way they post you simply ignore it or leave the website as that's you're only real recourse. In a game you have recourse, you can kill other players and show you won't back down or leave or w/e.

Also wanting to have a more constructive environment for them to gather feedback has little to do with allowing people to be jerks to each other. As much as you might find that fun not sure how that really helps make the game better. If you want that type of thing then likely will need to do it on other fan run sites and make your own rules. But no just because this a PvP game and a more "hardcore" leaning one doesn't mean there should be no rules or limited rules.

Edited by pang

Don't really see the correlation. If you don't want to deal with people being jerks and the way they post you simply ignore it or leave the website as that's you're only real recourse. In a game you have recourse, you can kill other players and show you won't back down or leave or w/e.

Also wanting to have a more constructive environment for them to gather feedback has little to do with allowing people to be jerks to each other. As much as you might find that fun not sure how that really helps make the game better. If you want that type of thing then likely will need to do it on other fan run sites and make your own rules. But no just because this a PvP game and a more "hardcore" leaning one doesn't mean there should be no rules or limited rules.

being unconstructive creates conflict, conflict creates drama, drama keeps people entertained, entertained people keep posting.

Enforced rules mean no being unconstructive, means no drama, means everybody gets bored and does something else.

would you watch game of thrones if everybody there were nice to each other ?

Edited by rajah

Don't see where in my post I was talking about rules or being hardcore. The rules here have been fine other than the first two weeks where people in my guild were banned for things such as simply making a recruitment thread. That is neither here nor there though.

The issue is that I don't think non-backers should be limited in their discussion. That will drive more people away than anything IMO.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

poorly made socksposting creates conflict, conflict creates drama, drama keeps people entertained, entertained people keep posting.

Enforced rules mean no poorly made socksposting, means no drama, means everybody gets bored and does something else.

would you watch game of thrones if everybody there were nice to each other ?

Depends on why one is here I guess. If here to be entertained and show how snarky and edgy one can be then sure that's great. But if here to help ACE make the game better? Maybe not so much.

Depends on why one is here I guess. If here to be entertained and show how snarky and edgy one can be then sure that's great. But if here to help ACE make the game better? Maybe not so much.

I do not see how being entertained snarky and edgy can stop you from helping make ACE the game better.

Edited by rajah

Also wanting to have a more constructive environment for them to gather feedback has little to do with allowing people to be jerks to each other. As much as you might find that fun not sure how that really helps make the game better. If you want that type of thing then likely will need to do it on other fan run sites and make your own rules. But no just because this a PvP game and a more "hardcore" leaning one doesn't mean there should be no rules or limited rules.

Problem is we don't have a game. Constructive posts are usually game related when we are testing or providing feedback on the actual game.

All we have here and now, is a discussion about ideas that may or may not be implemented with opinions on how people perceive it will affect them.

The pay to say does not affect me, personally, one way or the other. However, if we are going to see "yes" people having a stronger presence it will also deter people from even playing Crowfall.

288mqgz.png

Further, spending $250 just to bring your delightful approach to socializing with humans behind your anonymous forum name, doesn't make you somehow more dedicated to improving this game then someone who spent $60 and actually posts useful non-snarky, non-trolled actual-feedback.

I dont think anyone is debating that donating more monies gives you any e-respect in this place.

I personally object to basically shutting new potential players out of the main forum, just because they haven't paid ACE money. 

Again it comes down to ACE not trusting the community to handle new players, and perhaps they feel they are right. I can only say from experience that this is the least toxic pvp forum I have been on. 

Edited by zinnie

Problem is we don't have a game. Constructive posts are usually game related when we are testing or providing feedback on the actual game.

All we have here and now, is a discussion about ideas that may or may not be implemented with opinions on how people perceive it will affect them.

The pay to say does not affect me, personally, one way or the other. However, if we are going to see "yes" people having a stronger presence it will also deter people from even playing Crowfall.

Don't need to have a game, they take our feedback on stuff they announce or ask about to help make the game, that's why we are here. 

I don't see how the last sentence really applies anywhere though. I mean I get the concept, you think that if only backers can post and give feedback that somehow means we will all agree and just tell ACE whatever they want to hear and its all sunshine and rainbows... In any given thread full of backers posting there is very rarely a consensus on anything so not likely all of a sudden that would change just because they change how the forums work.