Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

A change to our forums - Official discussion thread

I don't know if anyone remembers or even paid attention to the reply bots we've had recently. Yes, some of those redundant troIIs were actually bots if they looked like they were repeating the same basic crap over and over (Kintor from the VR and Proxy Comms threads in the last few weeks). They were just chaining phrases. This should help curb that as well, that's a plus.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I dont think anyone is debating that donating more monies gives you any e-respect in this place.

I personally object to basically shutting new potential players out of the main forum, just because they haven't paid ACE money. 

Again it comes down to ACE not trusting the community to handle new players, and perhaps they feel they are right. I can only say from experience that this is the least toxic pvp forum I have been on. 

Personally I think it has less to do with "toxicity" and more to do with ACE just wanting to hear from those that are more vested into the game first. Most of the ones that could be considered "toxic" IMO are already backers anyway so this move doesn't really change that.

Edited by pang

Personally I think it has less to do with "toxicity" and more to do with ACE just wanting to hear from those that are more vested into the game first. The ones that could even be considered "toxic" IMO are already backers anyway so this move doesn't really change that.

I agree,

I was more considering that ACE want to "protect" new potential customers from toxicity by having a "safe haven" that is strictly moderated.

But since this forum isnt that toxic anyways, then this change seems to not make any sense at all, other than to serve as a paywall.

Don't need to have a game, they take our feedback on stuff they announce or ask about to help make the game, that's why we are here. 

I don't see how the last sentence really applies anywhere though. I mean I get the concept, you think that if only backers can post and give feedback that somehow means we will all agree and just tell ACE whatever they want to hear and its all sunshine and rainbows... In any given thread full of backers posting there is very rarely a consensus on anything so not likely all of a sudden that would change just because they change how the forums work.

We are here because of the hype train. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our feedback at this point in time is not hugely significant. Todd already, pretty much knows how he will develop CF, and he will rectify anything that drastically needs to be changed ... or so he has stated previously.

The forum change may well have been suggested. However, I'm sure ACE realize that heavily modifying forum behavior will cause a lot to abandon.

I would have no qualms in walking away if this forum became like a KI forum. They are leaning toward the other end of toxic behavior.

Fine line ... maybe, but I think that people take the forum (in it's current status) and themselves too seriously.

288mqgz.png

I can't help but laugh when I see all of these people calling forums "toxic".  What do you consider toxic, and please show me a game's official website that allows such toxicity and has taken zero measures to stop it?  Also, do not link me some hogwash emulator's website...

PS:  I see you JamesGoblin reading.  Come back to us...

[@--(o.O)@]

We are here because of the hype train. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our feedback at this point in time is not hugely significant. Todd already, pretty much knows how he will develop CF, and he will rectify anything that drastically needs to be changed ... or so he has stated previously.

The forum change may well have been suggested. However, I'm sure ACE realize that heavily modifying forum behavior will cause a lot to abandon.

I would have no qualms in walking away if this forum became like a KI forum. They are leaning toward the other end of toxic behavior.

Fine line ... maybe, but I think that people take the forum (in it's current status) and themselves too seriously.

What, my opinion doesn't matter?

I am crushed.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I am crushed.

Post2Crush? :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I can't help but laugh when I see all of these people calling forums "toxic".  What do you consider toxic, and please show me a game's official website that allows such toxicity and has taken zero measures to stop it?  Also, do not link me some hogwash emulator's website...

PS:  I see you JamesGoblin reading.  Come back to us...

I consider people that don't agree with me toxic.

Doesn't matter if they are civil or not.

I consider people with bad forum names toxic.

I consider people I don't agree with toxic.

I consider people that make spelling mistaekes toxic.

I consider EK threads toxic.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I am crushed.

It only matters when you talk about EKs, as it's going to be the core module of the game~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

this entire thread is still going on about negative posting... stop. It doesn't exist here.

I am starting to think the people who claimed toxic has been rusing people into typing about negative posting and those people who cried toxic are toxic after all!!1 The clever dickens have been the rusemasters all along by throwing casual buzzwords like "toxic".

Rabble rouse about paywalls more, it's just half the price of posting on SA, and it's not sub based and it's more on topic.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I am starting to think the people who claimed toxic has been rusing people into typing about negative posting and those people who cried toxic are toxic after all!!1 The clever dickens have been the rusemasters all along by throwing casual buzzwords like "toxic".

Rabble rouse about paywalls more, it's just half the price of posting on SA, and it's not sub based and it's more on topic.

You missed the meltdown from Toxophile(the irony) about how toxic these forums are, while simultaneously bad mouthing everyone that didn't agree with him.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Almost a 1:1 ratio.  I wrote it off though as probably being a member of Lantern Watch in the past...

Pevert.

Almost a 1:1 ratio.  I wrote it off though as probably being a member of Lantern Watch in the past...

LOL, those members moved on and then went back and unliked members' posts they had previously liked. Must have taken forever. 

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.