Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

A change to our forums - Official discussion thread

I understand why you are doing it, but I am not keen on this quoted bit. As someone else pointed out, as more information becomes available people are going to want to ask questions about it. All blocking posting privileges will result in, is a massive influx of new accounts with questions about why their "main" accounts cannot post. 

I'd much rather restrict access to some boards than a complete block after 30 days for non-backers. 

The system they are using encourages people to learn about the game and decide whether to pull the backing trigger or not.

What is the harm in allowing them to continue to post only in the newbie section after the 30 day window?  I understand the financial side that leads to a tipping point that encourages people to back, but I also think it could lead to a plethora of abandoned accounts, and/or people creating alt accounts just to post without still backing.

I was about to ask the same thing, but I guess they want the welcome forum to host basic questions and nothing more.

y9tj8G5.png

We also had a few days when our forums were being spammed with "BUY GOLD NOW" posts in a variety of languages.  

This solution still isn't perfect, but it will help a lot.

Todd

ACE

Really? It just means that those gold selling posts will be restricted to the newbie forum. As this is where potential new customers will gather, that could reflect poorly on the company. Sorry, I don't agree with that reasoning at all.

I understand why you are doing it, but I am not keen on this quoted bit. As someone else pointed out, as more information becomes available people are going to want to ask questions about it. All blocking posting privileges will result in, is a massive influx of new accounts with questions about why their "main" accounts cannot post. 

I'd much rather restrict access to some boards than a complete block after 30 days for non-backers. 

I hear you and don't actually disagree with your logic.  If we had more resources I'd have left things as they were, or bifurcated the forums as you suggest.  Given we have limited resources, we'll devote some effort to see if we can convert people to new backers, but the majority of our efforts *during this time in development* is going to be focused on actual backers.  They paid for our time and attention.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I hear you and don't actually disagree with your logic.  If we had more resources I'd have left things as they were, or bifurcated the forums as you suggest.  Given we have limited resources, we'll devote some effort to see if we can convert people to new backers, but the majority of our efforts *during this time in development* is going to be focused on actual backers.  They paid for our time and attention.

Could I ask what resources you are short on? Bandwidth? Moderators? Developer time to respond? 

Bandwidth - This wouldn't really solve this though, as non-backers still have full read access.

Moderators - If this is the problem, and your recent recruitment drive didn't result in enough good candidates then I can see the issue you face. Maybe make this change a temporary thing until you have a full staff?

Dev Time - The eternal issue facing developers who want to take the time to interact with their community. Best suggestion I have here is to rely on community spokespeople or moderators to funnel important posts and opinions to you, so you guys basically get a filtered, but more efficient forum experience. 

Edited by M0rdred

I've been waiting for something similar to this to happen. I agree with some others, that having 1 subforum for non backers to ask development questions IMO would be good, a 30-day conversion might be too short.

It's going to be funny to see who suddenly drops in activity now. I know there's a lot of puppet accounts and those too scared to attach their package because of their forum persona.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Feels like a two-class society...

3 classes:

1. VIP subscribers
  2. Paid players who (no longer) subscribe
  3. Outsiders

$5 makes you 2nd class when CF launches.

$15/month makes you truly special.

Money talks (but doesn't necessarily win campaigns), BS walks eventually.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I know there's a lot of puppet accounts and those too scared to attach their package because of their forum persona.

my forum fursona is sonic the hedgehog

e: its okay people, just spend five bucks on a crowfall forum thing instead of that next royale with cheese

Edited by blazinzero

j6CmSi3.png

Note: Forum veterans are welcome to participate here, as well, but with the understanding that this section will be strictly moderated in order to make newcomers feel more welcome.

Isn't that sooort of false advertising? I mean, I guess newcomers have read access to the rest of the boards, but that's not the same as being right in the middle of...*gestures widely at the forums*. This place isn't candyland, nor will the game be.

geez, if you guys wanted to get rid of me, you could've just banned me. Didn't have to change the whole forum structure, sheesh.

Wow. Forgot you weren't a backer. I guess CheckYoTrack wins this round, huh?

Thinking about it a little more, I think I'd actually advocate the opposite approach that you have embarked on. Create a backer only forum which is actively visited and interacted with by the developers. Leave the rest of the forums open, and rely on Pann and her moderators to funnel important posts back to you guys so you can respond where most needed in a more targeted and time efficient manner.

also like I said, I would be the best Guild forum moderator you could ever ask for

i know my posts arent always super nice but i would make that forum really really good with a couple minor changes

gtlLXYT.png