Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

A change to our forums - Official discussion thread

The funny thing is that most of the bad posts I've seen (including mine), are from people over $200 in pledges

Theres almost a certain flavor of irony in there. My eyes can taste it.

I'm a backer, why don't I have access to this thread with this epic post? :( "You do not have permission to view this forum."

I guess because you are not an ACE development partner...

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

I'm a backer, why don't I have access to this thread with this epic post? :( "You do not have permission to view this forum."

This is a forum specifically for the Monthly Q&A reward for Emerald and above backers.  We'll be bringing choice material from that forum out to everyone on a regular basis.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Would it be such a bad thing to open the forum up for all backers to read, but only Emerald and above to post? I don't see the point in keeping anything in a hidden subforum with that being the case.

transparency will cost ya.

Well, you got to see a piece of JTodd's answer. Guess he forgot to click the "don't send to dev tracker" button.

Edited by headlight

Would it be such a bad thing to open the forum up for all backers to read, but only Emerald and above to post? I don't see the point in keeping anything in a hidden subforum with that being the case.

I like the idea of private forums for top-tier contributors... These people really put their money where their mouths are and deserve to have that perk remain private for them, I think.

In Revival, founders get access to an IRC channel with the devs. In Star Citizen, there is not 1 but 2 (that I know of) private forums - one for Subscribers (people who pay $10-$20 each month) and Concierge (backers who have spent over $1000). And who knows, maybe more I am not privvy to ;)

zjsbjmn.png

I like the idea of private forums for top-tier contributors... These people really put their money where their mouths are and deserve to have that perk remain private for them, I think.

In Revival, founders get access to an IRC channel with the devs. In Star Citizen, there is not 1 but 2 (that I know of) private forums - one for Subscribers (people who pay $10-$20 each month) and Concierge (backers who have spent over $1000). And who knows, maybe more I am not privvy to ;)

nah

gtlLXYT.png

I would imagine for that amount of money, you could rent someone else to listen to your opinion who's alot hotter.

Pay me ten bucks and I'll post whatever you want.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Putting a paywall up to join the community? Not sure I like this.

I think it may actually improve the quality of the forums.

Besides there's a paywall between us and the Emerald + backers but it was a promised backer reward in the Kickstarter- i'm certainly not gonna be upset because they keep their promises.  Seems like something silly to be upset about.

I think this is a great first step to cleaning up the both the actual and perceived usefulness of the official forums. Many of the members of the community I've talked to are quick to point out the prevalence of trolls and redundant posts clogging up an otherwise useful venue to discuss Crowfall.

Many are also correct in that trolls sometimes have money to spend and may have backed this game. J Todd pointed out rather quickly, however, that these trolls now can be effectively banned from posting in the forums. Its unlikely a player is going to keep paying them on new accounts, solely to continue the verbal assault. Perhaps they will? Either way the player can be quickly banned and forced to pay for the development of the game in exchange.

I'd love to see this change go into effect coupled with a zero tolerance policy to posting and ad hominem attacks against people. Force the quality of debate and discussion to be raised by simply removing the low hanging fruit.

There is a time and a place for these people to have a say, but during development of a game is not one in my opinion.

I'd also add that any gap in this armor simply invites the problems to continue but in a localized subforum. If the goal is to save time moderating, then do so in full measure. No "Newbies or Welcome to Crowfall" need exist at this point. A need for this will easily rise up in the fansite community.

Edited by scree

I think this is a great first step to cleaning up the both the actual and perceived usefulness of the official forums. Many of the members of the community I've talked to are quick to point out the prevalence of trolls and redundant posts clogging up an otherwise useful venue to discuss Crowfall.

Many are also correct in that trolls sometimes have money to spend and may have backed this game. J Todd pointed out rather quickly, however, that these trolls now can be effectively banned from posting in the forums. Its unlikely a player is going to keep paying them on new accounts, solely to continue the verbal assault. Perhaps they will? Either way the player can be quickly banned and forced to pay for the development of the game in exchange.

I'd love to see this change go into effect coupled with a zero tolerance policy to posting and ad hominem attacks against people. Force the quality of debate and discussion to be raised by simply removing the low hanging fruit.

There is a time and a place for these people to have a say, but during development of a game is not one in my opinion.

I'd also add that any gap in this armor simply invites the problems to continue but in a localized subforum. If the goal is to save time moderating, then do so in full measure. No "Newbies or Welcome to Crowfall" need exist at this point. A need for this will easily rise up in the fansite community.

Zero tolerance is too much imo. Warnings are better, and nope I don't have any.

People have bad days, lets not ban them for it. If they have a behavior pattern that is causing problems, that's another story.

@tyrant I agree with the change but, why have a 30day lockout? limit nonbackers to a single forum or thread even but having a lock out just means people remaking accounts over and over

Just like Ziz and many others here, I agree with this change except for the 30 day thing. It seems like nothing more than an inconvenience to those who want to post in the non-backer thread that is completely unnecessary. What is Artcraft hoping to prevent / hoping to accomplish with the 30 day limit?

Edited by Vell

Zero tolerance is too much imo. Warnings are better, and nope I don't have any.

People have bad days, lets not ban them for it. If they have a behavior pattern that is causing problems, that's another story.

While there are some unforgivable actions, in most cases we like giving people a chance to change their behavior. 

We're all moving through life trying to figure it out along the way, and most people are changing and growing in that process.  If you look back at the person you were 5 years ago and you were exactly the same, I'm not talking to you.   :)   Zero tolerance doesn't help that growth process and should only be used on extreme anti-social behaviors.

We (hopefully) are all here for the common purpose of getting Crowfall created and ensuring it's awesome.  We hope that is a great enough purpose to overcome the other differences we will naturally have with each other.

Just like Ziz and many others here, I agree with this change except for the 30 day thing. It seems like nothing more than an inconvenience to those who want to post in the non-backer thread that is completely unnecessary. What is Artcraft hoping to prevent / hoping to accomplish with the 30 day limit?

The Welcome to Crowfall forum is only for newly registered people being introduced to Crowfall.  If you are already fully familiar with Crowfall, or area already a registered account holder, it's not for you.

People should be able to decide if they want to be an early backer within 30 days (most people who are backers decided much more quickly than that).

When we get closer to the pre-launch phase of development we'll revisit this setup.  We're in early development, and like Crowfall itself, participating with development of the game won't be appropriate for everyone, even though they may enjoy the final game when it's ready.

I hope this helps your understanding.

Sheesh lighten up, have a sense of humor. Unless that comes off as an ad hominem then I am deeply ashamed and apologize profusely for my comment. Trolls aren't under the bed, it's just a thing to do in between. Some people may be abrasive or just not funny about it, and I know exactly who you're directing this at and I know how antagonistic he can be but grow a thick skin. Some of them actually are pretty witty and ironic about it which makes the whole forumfall experience interesting, don't get them caught up into it because one asshat can't troll properly and is seeking to stir up and goad and attack your character or is promoting racism, sexism, etc. instead of doing "gotcha~:3 -baits."

I assume the goading and antagonistic bits are the anti-social behavior whereas the witty, more subtle and ironic ones are just poking fun for the sake of satire. I just don't get how people can get so uppity about that lol. Don't squash that with a totalitarian stick up your butt approach. Eventually even harmless comments get marked for censorship because it's seen as a criticism and these days people are eager to get offended, not eager to offend.

tl;dr chill pill bruh, everything is going to be fine and ask Aiona for hugs if you're down about primal posting in your guild thread :'c

plus the only clean up is towards alt accounts that are more cage rattlers and gold spammers than satirists. Even you can learn from the satire posts, because ironically they are actually constructive on the Don't-dos more than a wall of text plea on Do's.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg