Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sure A lot of you here are familiar with Archeage and its labor system.

Quick question, will there be a labor system in Crowfall?

Like, will I be able to craft all day everyday, or will I limited to labor?

As labor was a Korean idea to bottleneck and help control the flow of goods and slow gameplay I highly doubt ACE a western company with a western primary target audience, will institute a system like this.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

I understand that some games might have the need to have limitations on crafting. But I think for Crowfall the limitation should be the resource availability. They shouldn't put any limit on what you can craft every day or every week, so that people go out there to get more materials and fight for resources. If you control a POI that is a mine for example you should be able to craft using that material as long as you control the mine and keep extracting it, limiting that would be dumb and reduce emergent game play.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

As labor was a Korean idea to bottleneck and help control the flow of goods and slow gameplay I highly doubt ACE a western company with a western primary target audience, will institute a system like this.

On top of that, it's also required by Korean law for Korean-made MMOs to have similar systems (Like "Stamina" in Elsword which limits the number of dungeons you can run in a day) in order to keep players from starving themselves to death and whatnot because they refuse to quit playing the game.  

On another note, while I can see the argument that such systems are "realistic," since obviously people can't swing a pickaxe or what have you for hours on end without breaking a sweat, it really just seems like an unnecessary system IMHO.  We won't need it to bottleneck the flow of resources.  Resources in the worlds will be finite, and PvP will help limit resource collection as well, and in a much more engaging way than just having a stop sign thrown at your face after mining your 500th iron ore.  Oh, and let's not forget limited inventory space.  

I'm sure A lot of you here are familiar with Archeage and its labor system.

Quick question, will there be a labor system in Crowfall?

Like, will I be able to craft all day everyday, or will I limited to labor?

I'm not. Explain it.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

its a real life simulator thing, psy. you can only do so much work per day before you are tired and have to drink lots of booze to forget your sad existence and pass out

well obviously this is a video game so the booze part isnt simulated most times

j6CmSi3.png

So, an artificial limitation on how much I can actually play the game?

That is incredibly dumb

well wait just a second friend. if you want to play more, i have these potions of vigor for sell.  they are only .89 cents per two hours of game time. wait don't go! next weekend we're having a buy 2 get 1 free special!

Edited by blazinzero

j6CmSi3.png

well wait just a second friend. if you want to play more, i have these potions of vigor for sell.  they are only .89 cents per two hours of game time. wait don't go! next weekend we're having a buy 2 get 1 free special!

See, now we're making sense.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

He's not even joking.

In Archeage you could just buy labor potions in the cash shop and bypass the limit (once a day?). What a joke.

If you are a Patron (pay a monthly sub) your labor points increase faster and you get other benefits like being able to own land. If you aren't a patron, you can plant crops in certain areas, but people can steal those crops from you.

Basically, the whole game is set up as pay to win. 

For the sake of the Twelve Gods, please don't.

I highly doubt that ACE would ever go down that road anyway. You couldn't even grind in ArcheAge without an active subscription. You got five labor points per five minutes and one high level loot box costs five labor as I remember. That felt almost like a slap in the face to me.

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

Labor was an awful system, and turned into a P2W (hides from Sheen) trap with potions for sale in the cash grab shop.

Trion should be ashamed of how badly they handled that game and shop...

i never played archeage because by the time i found out about it, my guild had splintered between the normal people (tiny group) and the creepy child groomer + entourage.

then trion did something and everyone stopped playing. hope you enjoyed my story

j6CmSi3.png

Yeah, ArcheAge's monetization was one of if not the most insulting cash grabs I have ever witnessed.

History repeated itself in the NA version of the game. Sure, our p2w isnt as bad as KR, but seriously many of the nerfs to things obtained in the game from gameplay were uncalled for imo.

Examples:

nerfing the CRAFTED and dropped gliders

nerfing the PvP mount/fire horse to match the CS mounts. (Then adding the blue lion which was a BiS mount in CS)

nerfing item/Archie drops

As a person who played the alpha its just insane how much the game had changed from day1 testing and then into live... I quit when 1.7 was added for a number of reasons.

Oh and bots that used teleport hacking was interesting... made murdering them fun.

My stories of AA could go on and on, but I'll stop here... before I blow a gasket. .

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Labor was an awful system, and turned into a P2W (hides from Sheen) trap with potions for sale in the cash grab shop.

Trion should be ashamed of how badly they handled that game and shop...

You don't need to hide from sheen, he's a moron who cherry picks responses and goes off on a tangent with blanket statements in a desperate need to validate himself.

You are 100% correct here. The Labor system encouraged buying potions from the shop to replenish your labor points so you keep on trucking. But that's all part of land availability and item availability as well. The whole game was pretty much farming simulator that overshadowed a lot of its interesting concepts which is sad. Another relinquished idea.

I understand that some games might have the need to have limitations on crafting. But I think for Crowfall the limitation should be the resource availability. They shouldn't put any limit on what you can craft every day or every week, so that people go out there to get more materials and fight for resources. If you control a POI that is a mine for example you should be able to craft using that material as long as you control the mine and keep extracting it, limiting that would be dumb and reduce emergent game play.

I'm pretty confident that ACE is not going to copy the Korean standards to MMOs. They have this weird block when it comes to innovating but they shoot themselves in the foot with copy pastes. They'll change up combat but still go for the themepark model, TERA is a perfect example.

It would only make sense that if you were to play a game with consequences, artificial caps would intervene with the gameplay and arrest its flow, so you absolutely have to deregulate that or not even touch anything that resembles a system that shoehorns the crafting economy into an assembly line that needs potions to increase your productivity or some hogwash... and only design tools for players to use. The more open ended you can make it be and less cluttered with unnecessary systems, the greater degree of freedom via emergent gameplay. You provide the tools and let the players do whatever they want with it. The philosophy to that is you would never come up with things that players could.  We're honestly just grasping at straws here when it comes to degree of competency and common sense. "Devs, make sure you make combat fun!"  "O ok, we were stuck for a while on that, thanks for the advice!"

So quoted Allastair because this is the common sense answer that they're more than likely already got in their black and white composition notebook.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg