Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warmth

Nempo

An interesting idea. Frostweavers are foaming at the mouth trying to figure out how effective they will be in winter. Yet something dawned on me in another thread I figured I would share here for those leaning toward this class more...

Confessors specialize in fire, thus generating heat. Shouldn't they have access to skills...buffs or area-wise...to generate heat and prevent winter from sapping strength?

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

If you can only have a certain number of skills, which I assume will be the case (although I have no reason to), I doubt many people would take a skill like that. If you can take all the skills your Archetype has access to, then I can see it being useful. Either way, Confessors should probably at least have a bit of cold resistance.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Based on your archetype, promotion class, and discipline choices, you'll have access to a specific list of trainable skills. You'll be able to train any or all of those skills up to their caps, although you'll be limited to raising any 3 skills at a time (at different rates) by the passive training system.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If you have to burn a body to keep it from coming back Hungry, fire magic would be very handy.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

It would makes sense if they could apply their spells to keeping themselves and others warm, but that could be costly, and the winter could reduce their power in general?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Also this game has seasons.... if the Frostweaver gets a bonus in winter wouldn't it also make sense that the heat oriented confessor gets a bonus in summer?

Lf6MJUL.png

Wrathmane - Remnant of Ascendance

Yes but having a bonus early game in the exploration and build up phase, isn't that much of a bonus. The major fighting is happening in the fall and winter stages when resources are scarce.

If limited active skills space is a thing, it could always simply be a passive that effects only them, with one of their archetypes giving it to everyone allied with them in a specific radius. Frankly it would be nice if they can toss a fireball at a stack of logs and create an instant campfire.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."