LGAllastair

Ascendance - A Chapter of Legend Gaming [Age 17+]

On 10/22/2017 at 12:45 PM, Byrne said:

gathering is looking like it could actually be fun. i love that gatherers will be the ultimate tree of life killers :D

I've always found gathering to be "therapeutic" and a great way to chill for a bit. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in this game for sure

I don't think gathering will be nearly as boring as most games because of the constant threat of players attacking.  Unless you are collecting stuff in your personal EK or something :)

On 10/26/2017 at 9:05 PM, Kendogg said:

I don't think gathering will be nearly as boring as most games because of the constant threat of players attacking.  Unless you are collecting stuff in your personal EK or something :)

Now that I do agree with. I think Gathering is going to be more of a group "mission" and the solo activity it is in most other MMO's

12 hours ago, Sioncent said:

Now that I do agree with. I think Gathering is going to be more of a group "mission" and the solo activity it is in most other MMO's

I definitely see gathering as more of a group mission then a solo activity. It is likely that most (if not all) activities will be in a group environment. With the way players will be specializing, a gatherer will be incapable of fending off an attack, and will likely need some form of support. I can't wait to experience 5.3! Should make gathering farm more enjoyable! 

On 10/30/2017 at 12:09 PM, Garryth said:

I definitely see gathering as more of a group mission then a solo activity. It is likely that most (if not all) activities will be in a group environment. With the way players will be specializing, a gatherer will be incapable of fending off an attack, and will likely need some form of support. I can't wait to experience 5.3! Should make gathering farm more enjoyable! 

No doubt.  There's not going to be much that isn't done w/ out some kind of coordinated effort.  Despite my naturally being a bit of a solo player, off doing my own things for the most part until I'm needed for an event, I actually enjoy the idea of it.  Reminds me of the old grinding/farming runs in Shadowbane :)

Hopefully I'll be in the next wave of invites I can't wait to get my hands on 5.3!  Lots of new goodies to play with

On 10/30/2017 at 12:09 PM, Garryth said:

Yep 5.3 is going to be a great step forward in our understanding of where this game is going I think

Giving you guys a bump because I think its ridiculous and entertaining that there is literally 50+ pages of 4 of you just talking to yourselves without any decent Crowfall content.  Anyways, look forward to engaging you in game.

-Panzer

15 hours ago, PanzerUDL said:

Giving you guys a bump because I think its ridiculous and entertaining that there is literally 50+ pages of 4 of you just talking to yourselves without any decent Crowfall content.  Anyways, look forward to engaging you in game.

-Panzer

I feel it also helps those who are looking for a guild get a good idea of who we are. Besides with 5.3 around the corner, likely going to see an increase in players!

Edited by Garryth

12 minutes ago, Garryth said:

It's our way of bumping the our guild recruitment thread.

FYI: https://community.crowfall.com/topic/18606-incoming-changes-to-rules-of-conduct/?tab=comments#comment-366277

Bumping: Responding to a thread with no substantive contribution to the discussion in order to keep it at the top of a forum or to ‘bump’ it back to the top of a forum is a form of unconstructive posting and is not permitted.

Why it is being added: “Bump” and “bump spam” posts can pile up and make it more difficult for people to find actual content in threads. This can be particularly problematic in high vs. low traffic areas such as the Guild Recruiting forum. If you want your thread to get attention, post something of substance and value. (Emphasis on the last part of that sentence.)

I am really looking forward to playing 5.3 with the great people in Ascendance (Legends Gaming). And I think that the dedication of our officers in maintaining our presence on this recruitment board, in what has been a long wait for this highly anticipated product, shows the kind of dedication to your gaming experience that you can expect as part of the guild. We want the highest quality players to build this world with us. So ignore the haters and make an application for recruitment today.

Edited by Frawlyne

5 hours ago, Frawlyne said:

I am really looking forward to playing 5.3 with the great people in Ascendance (Legends Gaming). And I think that the dedication of our officers in maintaining our presence on this recruitment board, in what has been a long wait for this highly anticipated product, shows the kind of dedication to your gaming experience that you can expect as part of the guild. We want the highest quality players to build this world with us. So ignore the haters and make an application for recruitment today.

Agreed! Ignore the haters and come get to know us. My guild members are some of the I have been involved with, and that is saying a lot with my double digit years of playing online with people. 

14 hours ago, Elas said:

Agreed! Ignore the haters and come get to know us. My guild members are some of the I have been involved with, and that is saying a lot with my double digit years of playing online with people. 

I haven't been around super long but I can vouch for this. We also have  other things going in the meantime while we wait on everyone to have access to Crowfall.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:12 AM, PanzerUDL said:

-Panzer

Most of us have just been passing the time until 5.3 lol.  I honestly don't know how you guys and -W- have stayed so motivated on the testing over the last couple months.  Kudos on that!!!

We do most of our "Crowfall" content discussion on our forums/discord, or elsewhere on the forums here.  We've also all just been playing a lot of other games lately passing time.

Either way, <3 for the bump!

On 07/11/2017 at 10:12 AM, PanzerUDL said:

-Panzer

Thank you for the Bump PanzerUDL
You are such a dear.. I bet you are gonna play an Elken

Edited by PhatPingu

Hopefully they'll open up TEST to more folks this week so I can try out 5.3.  I just missed the cut this past weekend! 

Well guys.. so it seems that our launch date has just been, once again pushed back. For most of us that have been following CF closely, that is no surprise.

While I understand and agree with their reasons (Ive always loved Blizzard's games for that same commitment to giving the players nothing less than a complete and well built game) it is important that we as a community now come together to re-evaluate our own challenge at this moment; maintaining the sense of community, through activities and interactions for long enough to still be a community, once the game is launched.

Many have mentioned the risk of delving into testing full on at a full time manner, at the risk of burning out before the game even comes out.

I for one am excited about the prospect of beginning to play with my guild mates now that 5.3 is almost live, but I too am afraid of burn out. So the question is.. how to find the balance?

I want to hear what you guy have to say about it.. and I hope to see you all in game soon.. :)

It's all about moderation early on.  Get in, get the info we want, find whatever bugs pop up, get out.  Have a bunch of fun along the way. 

As cliche as it sounds, we'll test as much as makes sense.  Once we get closer to launch, a LOT of testing will make sense ;)

Alpha 2 has full access to 5.3. I cant wait for the Beta 1's to get access. Our community is ramping up for some testing.