Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ascendance - A Chapter of Legend Gaming [Age 17+]

Wow...  Trash talking already?  

Absolutely!

I've already hunted down and exterminated Ziz (admittedly, Zybak did all the work, I just smacked him once or twice then took all his shiny gear) so now I have to start hunting down the rest of my fellow Ascendance members and giving them dirt naps! :D

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE GO HERE FOR THE NEW GUILD THREAD   Ascendance PvP Excelence, Crafting Supremacy, Politics and Influence   -  A Chapter of the Legend Gaming Multi-Gaming Community

But does the Cow have flowing blond hair?

a half chicken , a cow , and 80 year old virgin good ?

lol...... man I've not been able to get into the Hunger Dome as much as I would have liked...  Their tests are at weird times I find.... When I'm working or putting my kids to bed..... I need a good evening test period..... to get in there and bury some peoples....

Lf6MJUL.png

Wrathmane - Remnant of Ascendance

Did Ziz make a highlight real of you killing him? Is the past broadcast on this stream so I can watch him throw his arms around and panic as he dies?

I've got Ziz's death on film :)  Granted... it also shows that it was totally Zybak that killed Ziz, I only got 1 or 2 shots on him before he chain pulled me at point blank range which sent me flying about 20 feet away...

But you do get to see the shiny gear I stole from his corpse :P

Hopefully I'll have the vid put together tonight.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

I've got Ziz's death on film :)  Granted... it also shows that it was totally Zybak that killed Ziz, I only got 1 or 2 shots on him before he chain pulled me at point blank range which sent me flying about 20 feet away...

But you do get to see the shiny gear I stole from his corpse :P

Hopefully I'll have the vid put together tonight.

lol, beware of my mighty chain pulls

MOkvLlm.png

lol, beware of my mighty chain pulls

You'll laugh when you see it.  At first I overshot you on the charge, and you turned around, hit chain pull and I just went flying backwards.  Apparently the game doesn't allow two "iz"'s to be that close to each other.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

It looked like a lot of fun, funny you guys got on the same team.

It was!  First run of the night, too!

Video is delayed because Diz can't seem to line up audio that works well, and because there's another test tonight, so I'll just add footage from that to it and hopefully put it together on Saturday. 

Music is hard.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

One day I too will be able to test!  Then we can have a 3 way.  Giz v Ziz v Diz.  Or we can form a boy band.   Have not really decided yet. 

- Side Note-

Any of your people still stomping around in Archeage?

Edited by gizmaul

One day I too will be able to test!  Then we can have a 3 way.  Giz v Ziz v Diz.  Or we can form a boy band.   Have not really decided yet. 

- Side Note-

Any of your people still stomping around in Archeage?

Performances to be broadcast on Ziz's stream!

As for Archage, I don't believe so.  Most of the crew is in ESO right now, a few in Skyforge, a couple in WoW and SWTOR, and those of us who are just kind of in limbo playing random games, Alpha testing a certain competitor, etc.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Performances to be broadcast on Ziz's stream!

As for Archage, I don't believe so.  Most of the crew is in ESO right now, a few in Skyforge, a couple in WoW and SWTOR, and those of us who are just kind of in limbo playing random games, Alpha testing a certain competitor, etc.

And one lonely guy playing GW2. :( 

Archeage had potential to be really good, I couldn't stand the whole p2w thing with labor points. Anyway, hopefully only a few months more until I can get into Alpha 3 and then its go time. I SHALL KILL ALL THE THINGS!

Asc%20test%2080perc%202.png

Torquebow - Aspirant of Ascendance & Thrall of Vokundein

"Just tank it with your face"

Archeage had potential to be really good, I couldn't stand the whole p2w thing with labor points. Anyway, hopefully only a few months more until I can get into Alpha 3 and then its go time. I SHALL KILL ALL THE THINGS!

Nerd!

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

I agree. But then again, many MMOs have had potential, but none of them, not even the ones that actually did some stuff properly, were able to make full use of it.

KjUVOZg.png

Hafjoldr - Veteran Member

I agree. But then again, many MMOs have had potential, but none of them, not even the ones that actually did some stuff properly, were able to make full use of it.

p2w always causes problems but there is a good micro transaction system that is shown in other games besides MMO's that works. 

KjUVOZg.png

It's pretty simple. If the stuff you can buy is anything other than cosmetic then it's p2w.

I would disagree to a certain degree.

While generally, yes, most non-cosmetic options do give the impression of "pay to win", I can see an argument being made for "convenience" items which are not purely cosmetic, but also only provide the benefit of reduction of time spent for X activity.  XP Boost options (when there is a level cap), crafting boosts, stuff like that.

Being able to directly pay for top tier gear or abilities is when P2W comes into play, imo, and destroys the balance making it so those who are not paying in, are at a very obvious gear/ability/stat disadvantage.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

I would disagree to a certain degree.

While generally, yes, most non-cosmetic options do give the impression of "pay to win", I can see an argument being made for "convenience" items which are not purely cosmetic, but also only provide the benefit of reduction of time spent for X activity.  XP Boost options (when there is a level cap), crafting boosts, stuff like that.

Being able to directly pay for top tier gear or abilities is when P2W comes into play, imo, and destroys the balance making it so those who are not paying in, are at a very obvious gear/ability/stat disadvantage.

The XP boosts are not a problem as long as they are not relavent to when getting to max level first matters. If you buy a bunch of XP pots right when a game comes out and then you just power your way to being better than everyone else by sheer level then thats p2w. 

Edited by Varius

KjUVOZg.png

The XP boosts are not a problem as long as they are not relavent to when getting to max level first matters. If you buy a bunch of XP pots right when a game comes out and then you just power your way to being better than everyone else by sheer level then thats p2w. 

The use of it is not so bad. You still require effort to grind through. War Thunder, Marvel Heroes, and Planetside 2 are a few games which has this kind of set up, but as Varius said, max level isn't necessarily the win part since it's a very long grind. And in some of these games, skill matters more than a higher level. Yes, you progress faster, but it doesn't really make you better. You might just get cooler/neater or different stuff faster, but not better stuff.

Before some one corrects me, however, those games I mentioned still makes you better with the XP boosts, but the largest difference is largely from a fresh newbie to someone who played a month or two. Once you get mid-way or even less than mid-way, anything after that only minutely makes you better, and it takes a much longer time and still requires effort and playing the game. Skill still matters more once you get to a certain threshold.

Some games, especially with paid RNG boxes or some sort of RNG that actually give better items or components for items, yikes. That's pretty much P2W and ridiculous money gouging. It's also one of my most hated form of microtransactions. Korean games tend to be notorious for this. I think Tera had it, though I don't know if they changed it.

KjUVOZg.png

Lakevren - Remnant

Exactly, I like the way GW2 is setup. Where technically you can buy a legendary if you wanted to. But in a competitive enviroment within the game, that doesn't mean anything if your not good. Your gonna get rolled in PvP and out performed in PvE because gear is not really the defining characteristic of player power like in some other games. Also I like Wildstar's model so far, it just went F2P but it looks pretty good. Unfortunately the re-launch is a cluster**** disaster in itself so far. :)

Edited by Torquebow

Asc%20test%2080perc%202.png

Torquebow - Aspirant of Ascendance & Thrall of Vokundein

"Just tank it with your face"