Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGAllastair

Ascendance - A Chapter of Legend Gaming [Age 17+]

*Looks around and walks in discretely*

Hope folks still remember me! Slowly I am coming back. You guys have been awesome keeping Ascendance running, this is why I love this community and this guild. We are all Ascendance, not just me, not just the officers. The sum of the parts is what matters!

Enough with my philosophical BS, glad to be back here!

Welcome back man and great to hear that your move went well....long way to go though just to improve your internet connection ;)

KjUVOZg.png

The UI improvements that ACE have recently announced certainly seem to be a big step in the right direction.

I really liked that we can now freely move around all the different modules and the improvements to the Chat (thank you!) will make everyone's life easier

I'm hoping they add a control for transparency for Chat and the rest of the modules too. But 1 step at a time I guess :)

KjUVOZg.png

The UI improvements that ACE have recently announced certainly seem to be a big step in the right direction.

I really liked that we can now freely move around all the different modules and the improvements to the Chat (thank you!) will make everyone's life easier

I'm hoping they add a control for transparency for Chat and the rest of the modules too. But 1 step at a time I guess :)

Indeed. One step at a time. This is, at least, a step in the right direction.

Akoti - High Elder of Legend Gaming

Yes the chat improvements xD, they were much needed!!!

Even if its just small things just like Akoti said, they are all going in the right direction

KjUVOZg.png

Yes the chat improvements xD, they were much needed!!!

Even if its just small things just like Akoti said, they are all going in the right direction

Agreed. the good thing is they seem to be moving forward in multiple areas which is very encouraging for longer testing in the Fall

KjUVOZg.png

It's one of those obvious "Learn from what players find a way to do anyways" moments... it's surprising how many MMOs still don't allow for customization of UI, despite it being something that always finds a way to be modded in somehow.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

It's one of those obvious "Learn from what players find a way to do anyways" moments... it's surprising how many MMOs still don't allow for customization of UI, despite it being something that always finds a way to be modded in somehow.

This really surprises me as well. I think developers just try to cut corners to get things out as soon as possible but UI customization is so important that it really shouldn't be skipped.

Lf6MJUL.png

We've been discussing the latest AMA on Redit in our forums, you can find a nice sumary of the relevant answers and discuss with us here: http://www.legend-gaming.net/lgforums/showthread.php?13697-AMA-on-Reddit-Friday-Sept-16th

I personally like the answers for the most part. The one that has more impact in my opinion is the complete scrapping of active character progression. We saw that coming, it is not like passive progression wasn't the main thing since the start. However, with no active progression crafting could be severely affected by second accounts that we know a lot of people will get. Hopefully we have mechanics that require crafters to actively play the game, making alt accounts automatically worse.

In any case, there are tons of variables still to be revealed, so no cause for major concern.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Adding to Allastair discussion.

"Q: When are we going to hear more details about EXPLORATION skills and mechanics? (e.g. maps!)
Always been a favorite element of mine!

A: next milestone is the first time we'll be dropping players into a real (large) map, which obviously is a vital ingredient. I will say, however: many of the 'convenience' items that you are used to in theme park MMOs, like quest compass pointers, won't be included in Crowfall. We want exploration to be challenging and rewarding, so we're not going to just hand it to you.

Q: Will regular players get in game maps - or will that exclusively be the territory of the cartographer discipline to craft and trade? smile.png

A: we don't have a mini-map. we will have world maps, but the plan is to have fog or war in Campaigns, so you have to explore to unveil it. We discussed creating a discipline or a branch of the crafting tree to allow scouts/explorers to share that information, but we haven't formalized that design yet... (though I really want to).
"

I really hope they give Scouts the capability to share their discovered areas of the map as they suggest in the last sentence. Otherwise it will make things more difficult for Guilds to manage the Scouting task.

Edited by Sioncent

KjUVOZg.png

Q: Will regular players get in game maps - or will that exclusively be the territory of the cartographer discipline to craft and trade? smile.png

A: we don't have a mini-map. we will have world maps, but the plan is to have fog or war in Campaigns, so you have to explore to unveil it. We discussed creating a discipline or a branch of the crafting tree to allow scouts/explorers to share that information, but we haven't formalized that design yet... (though I really want to)."

I really hope they give Scouts the capability to share their discovered areas of the map as they suggest in the last sentence. Otherwise it will make things more difficult for Guilds to manage the Scouting task.

This would really be awesome. Scouts being able to actually share what they scouted would be fantastic.

Lf6MJUL.png

Greetings Ascendance,

I hope to steal some loot from your caravans. :P

The Wisp 

I'd rather you "donate" :P

As for the discussion regarding Scouts and World Map, I really think that would be the best implementation, if technically possible.  Having some kind of tech where scouts (or really any class) are able to un-fog sections of the map for their guild would be really interesting, though the Map would have to be tied to the Guild as opposed to the character, which is a problem I can't even begin to fathom the technical answer to... but it would be cool!

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Our next guild meeting is scheduled! Check the Calendar to see the entry! We will have some serious talk about our future in testing and expectations for the year end, should be fun. I promise I'll try to not repeat myself too much, but the common drinking game still stands. Every time I say the same thing using different words someone calls it and everyone drinks, just try to avoid the hospital :D

I'd rather you "donate" :P

As for the discussion regarding Scouts and World Map, I really think that would be the best implementation, if technically possible.  Having some kind of tech where scouts (or really any class) are able to un-fog sections of the map for their guild would be really interesting, though the Map would have to be tied to the Guild as opposed to the character, which is a problem I can't even begin to fathom the technical answer to... but it would be cool!

All they would have to do is a "share map" function. Just like you can share quests in WoW, just make it a Share Map that has a very low distance limit (like 5-10 meters). The scout goes out, does a recon, refreshes his own map. Then he comes back to the main group, everyone gathers and he shares the map with everyone in his group and they all get up to date with the new information. No need to add complex guild mechanics, maybe in the future, but for launch it could be as simple as that and it would work great I think.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Our next guild meeting is scheduled! Check the Calendar to see the entry! We will have some serious talk about our future in testing and expectations for the year end, should be fun. I promise I'll try to not repeat myself too much, but the common drinking game still stands. Every time I say the same thing using different words someone calls it and everyone drinks, just try to avoid the hospital :D

We have a drinking game specific to our guild meeting!!!!!  LG RULES!  Haha, I am very excited about this meeting as it will give Ascendance a lot of direction moving forward and give us some benchmarks to reach for.

LZx8Yhu.png

We have some news on our website, it talks about the stuff I posted before, but I wanted to let you all know here so I can shamelessly advertise our awesome site lol.

We also have a returning member, Kalryn Ardus, welcome back! Hopefully this time you will be able to hang out with us and be part of the family until launch and beyond. I am sure we have some promotions for our very active and dedicated Prospects in the way as well, but you didn't hear it from me :P

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

All they would have to do is a "share map" function. Just like you can share quests in WoW, just make it a Share Map that has a very low distance limit (like 5-10 meters). The scout goes out, does a recon, refreshes his own map. Then he comes back to the main group, everyone gathers and he shares the map with everyone in his group and they all get up to date with the new information. No need to add complex guild mechanics, maybe in the future, but for launch it could be as simple as that and it would work great I think.

Yeah that would work great if they could have this ready for beta/launch it would be the perfect medium term or even long term solution!!

KjUVOZg.png

We have some news on our website, it talks about the stuff I posted before, but I wanted to let you all know here so I can shamelessly advertise our awesome site lol.

We also have a returning member, Kalryn Ardus, welcome back! Hopefully this time you will be able to hang out with us and be part of the family until launch and beyond. I am sure we have some promotions for our very active and dedicated Prospects in the way as well, but you didn't hear it from me :P

Nice! Welcome back Kalryn!

Edited by Tahlvin

Lf6MJUL.png

The Inner Sanctum of Legend Gaming has voted on a petition to move from Team Speak 3 to Discord as our official voice program. Over the past week we asked for feedback from the membership and did some research on the tool, everything has been positive. The petition was unanimously approved by the Inner Sanctum (9 votes in favor).

Our Discord server is already up and configured, we have a few members in there that we brought for testing. We will migrate officially in October (next week). Not only this tool is better, it is free, and will save the costs for maintaining the community. This means less donations from membership will be requested (even though we only ever ask for donations 2 or 3 times a year, we will have to ask even less).

We have ranks for friends of the community (Guest) who just want to hang out and play games with us, if you are interested in getting an invite and obtaining one of those ranks just hit me up and we can talk.

Edited by LGAllastair

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

The Inner Sanctum of Legend Gaming has voted on a petition to move from Team Speak 3 to Discord as our official voice program. Over the past week we asked for feedback from the membership and did some research on the tool, everything has been positive. The petition was unanimously approved by the Inner Sanctum (9 votes in favor).

As someone who was in favour of the switch I'm very happy to hear this! Great move in my opinion :)

Lf6MJUL.png