Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGAllastair

Ascendance - A Chapter of Legend Gaming [Age 17+]

Well... apparently there's only currently just over 637 Million possible combinations for the Assassin.

See you guys later... gonna go in my bunker and try and theory craft this absurd number...

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

20 hours ago, IDewGame said:

637 million??? How is that even possible?

4 Races, 6 weapon types, 2 of 29 Major Runes, 3 of 33 Minor Runes...

Each additional option layer makes it exponentially more.

4 Races, times 6 weapon types (24), then you select 2 Major Runes (29*28 = 814), so 24*814 or 19488, then THREE of the 33 Minor Runes (33*32*31) times that and blah... you end up over 637 Million.

Granted... many of the runes aren't actually viable options.  Realistically speaking there's probably about 300,000 combinations assuming 2 viable races, 2 or 3 viable weapon lines, and only a couple of each rune type being reasonable.

At the most restrictive assuming an obvious best Race, Best Weapon, and at least 1 obvious Major and Minor rune choice, it still left a little over 3,000 variations.

Numbers are crazy.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

14 hours ago, Azhdaha said:

I'm sad not to have Forgemasters (at least, not at first), but color me definitely intrigued about some of those disciplines that they teased!

I have to agree with you. I was looking forward to the release of the Forgemaster. Fortunately, they will be allowing Stoneborn to play all the classes I'm likely to play. On a side note, while I'm aware that this is far from the finished product, I'm anxiously devoting some extra time to looking through the Disciplines with a fine-tooth comb to see if there are any big combinations. Can't wait for this weekend to get here!

Lf6MJUL.png

Garryth - Member

Even among mage hunters Garryth is considered a fanatic. He sweeps across the battlefield like a storm, letting the death reaped by his pistols and their razor-sharp blades serve as prayers to the stricken goddess.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:28 PM, Azhdaha said:

I'm sad not to have Forgemasters (at least, not at first), but color me definitely intrigued about some of those disciplines that they teased!

Yes i was looking forward to that too, but they did say you could use Disciplines to get to the same functionality which should give more flexibility to your build anyway

KjUVOZg.png

Ascendance is growing! We're really getting to a strong membership recently.

It's the right time to join up if you're intrigued by the new reveal and all the amazing possibilities of new combos.

Link up with this amazing community. We'd all offer any answers if you have questions!

-Shizzle

KjUVOZg.png

Shizzle - Remnant of Ascendance

On 5/21/2017 at 8:57 PM, kendogg said:

I'm liking the announcements for sure.  Looking forward to playing half-giant, elken and stoneborn

Yeah, I definitely want to try out the Stoneborn race and these Disciplines are very interesting. I think there are going to be some real interesting builds coming up :)

KjUVOZg.png

I can not wait for them to open up a castle siege test again. With all these new charters to test it should be a blast to get a big guild play going. 

Lf6MJUL.png

Elas - Prospect "A crafting I will go,,,"

Definitely looking forward to some more siege testing!  So far everything is coming together pretty well, still eagerly awaiting 24/7 testing haha.

Lf6MJUL.png

Legend  "Heroes come and go, Legends are eternal."

I never got around to testing out the mechanics. Should be very informative/fun! Hopefully this will make its way to active servers in the next few months!

10 hours ago, Sioncent said:

Yeah, I definitely want to try out the Stoneborn race and these Disciplines are very interesting. I think there are going to be some real interesting builds coming up :)

@Sioncent I absolutely can't wait for the Stoneborn race to be released. The best part is that Stoneborn will have access to Knight, Champion, and Cleric (my top 3 classes I'd like to play.)

Lf6MJUL.png

Garryth - Member

Even among mage hunters Garryth is considered a fanatic. He sweeps across the battlefield like a storm, letting the death reaped by his pistols and their razor-sharp blades serve as prayers to the stricken goddess.

The disciplines they have released are pretty nice.  When they release even more really going to be hard to choose which ones because there are so many you want to take! ^^;

Lf6MJUL.png

Legend  "Heroes come and go, Legends are eternal."

I loved the big reveal, giving us options is always a nice bonus, it is more standard for MMORPGs as well, to choose Race then Class. It does complicate the meta of combat a lot, and will make them have to create a lot more animations for weapons and spells than previously intended.

At this point I am just worried about timeline. They had promised a late 2017 release, but at this pace are we even gonna be in beta at the end of this year? I honestly don't see it, there is so much to be done I will be happy if this game even releases in 2018.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder