Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazinzero

narcotics and stimulants

games like h1z1 have 'swizzle' made out of cooking cold medicine and sugar and we all know what that really is. so im thinking to really soar like an eagle (haha, get it) we need analogues of various real life substances to fight at our best, even if its temporary and habit forming.

for wacky tobaccy im thinking you grow a plant called five-leaf, right? brainstorm clever names and effects for 'performance enhancers' to put in crowfall.

j6CmSi3.png

wow im sure youre lots of fun to have at parties.  they dont have to be exact analogues.  just similar enough to be a poke at bad things that exist irl. in a way, crowfall could be teaching us not to do bad things cause the ingame stuff could mess you up, you know?

see mom? games CAN be educational

j6CmSi3.png

the only thing i can really see is having an option of our characters to smoke a pipe like lord of the rings. but that's the alchemist job to just buff us with potions using the herbs they find and collect. My druid ain't shooting up some heroine before battle hahaha

the only thing i can really see is having an option of our characters to smoke a pipe like lord of the rings. but that's the alchemist job to just buff us with potions using the herbs they find and collect. My druid ain't shooting up some heroine before battle hahaha

i dunno man you ever see drug addicts in a fight? theyre terrifying.....

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

It would be interesting to see a black market ontop of that, maybe things you can't vendor or sell through thralls but have to engage in back alley trades.

in old FoM (some obscure mmo), you had things you could sell on the markets. Ammo, Guns, Armor. Then there were combat boosters like drugs, and they were manufactured but could not be sold on the markets and they were illegal. If Law Enforcement caught you with it, you would get penalties or arrested. They were sought out though by mercenaries and other corporations looking for an edge to their fights.

But because the drugs had an illegal status, the emergent gameplay arose out of the fact that if you wanted to ensure that you'd obtain these drugs, you'd go to renown dealers that had good reputations and would always deliver on their products instead of flaky weasels who would shoot you and leave you to die in an alley, or snitches for the law enforcement.

Maybe if done right, you can have that kind of dynamic with power struggles and reputations, basically cartels and people who are looking to abolish said things.

It would be hard because what would stop people from manufacturing it all and changing the meta in allowing it. It only worked in FoM because of the arrest system and Law enforcement, also there was only one faction that could make it, making it exclusive and sought out. (the systems are still flawed in some ways because of that, such as inflexibility and how old and repetitive it got. No unpredictability.)

I suppose if you make it difficult to craft, which some dedicated crafter can focus into being an actual drug dealer, the availability is non-exclusive but hard to obtain. Ofc the staple drugs must have drawbacks blah blah blah after providing the temporary boost.

I was REALLY disappointed in ESO for not being able to craft skooma and deal in it. What a waste.

anyways smoke weed erryday xDDD

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I never understood why we can't have drug references and booze references, but we can kill each other all day long and that's chill!

AND GOD FORBID breasts!

Because americans are dumb prudes. It's okay to see people getting their limbs torn off and getting their skulls crushed, but if you see a nipple, then it's an outrage.

Edited by macavity

7ug90hM.png

Disapproving of drugs-in-games because they're bad for the overall success of the game is an entirely separate matter from disapproving of drugs. You don't have to be a prude to recognize that prudes exist and that they, unfortunately, have real market power.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Drugs in some games make sense, but why this game? When we can make magic potions, why would we need drugs that provide the same service?

I don't think the controversy has much to do with it in a game like this. Drugs should be a staple in Post-Aplocalyptic, Cyberpunk, and Sci-Fi. In fantasy, you need to have a good reason to support it, and with magic and alchemy, I'm not sure what that reason is.

Usually in fantasy games that have both drugs & magic/alchemy, the drugs are pretty pointless and I think the time & resources would better be spent elsewhere. They usually come with negative side effects, where magic/alchemy doesn't have side effects, so given the choice the drugs are just never used. I suppose you could have "drugs" be low level alchemy, but again people will just quickly ditch the drugs for the higher quality potions they can make as soon as they are able.

Seems like little reason for it to be included.

Disapproving of drugs-in-games because they're bad for the overall success of the game is an entirely separate matter from disapproving of drugs. You don't have to be a prude to recognize that prudes exist and that they, unfortunately, have real market power.

*record scratch* *awkward staring*

that's you arriving at any social function

Drugs in some games make sense, but why this game? When we can make magic potions, why would we need drugs that provide the same service?

I don't think the controversy has much to do with it in a game like this. Drugs should be a staple in Post-Aplocalyptic, Cyberpunk, and Sci-Fi. In fantasy, you need to have a good reason to support it, and with magic and alchemy, I'm not sure what that reason is.

Usually in fantasy games that have both drugs & magic/alchemy, the drugs are pretty pointless and I think the time & resources would better be spent elsewhere. They usually come with negative side effects, where magic/alchemy doesn't have side effects, so given the choice the drugs are just never used. I suppose you could have "drugs" be low level alchemy, but again people will just quickly ditch the drugs for the higher quality potions they can make as soon as they are able.

Seems like little reason for it to be included.

skyrim had a lot of flavor and fun writing surrounding skooma, so why can't that happen here? every game has to have white and grey items to make the blues and purps stand out. this is why crappy items exist, friend hth

Edited by blazinzero

j6CmSi3.png

This is actually true. It's a lot like this whenever I show up. One of the burdens of being Jihan, I guess.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

skyrim had a lot of flavor and fun writing surrounding skooma, so why can't that happen here? every game has to have white and grey items to make the blues and purps stand out. this is why crappy items exist, friend hth

Much different in a single player RPG, but still Skooma wasn't something that was worth using as a player.

There will be no NPC drug addict quests, or NPC quests at all in Crowfall so the Skooma dens are more than irrelevant. For drugs to be in Crowfall they will have to be worth players creating and using.