Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Want to know something about Crowfall, ask away!

But do yourself (and the folks here answering questions) a favor and read and watch some of materials listed above about Crowfall first. 

If you are looking for a game that is almost like the MMO you are playing now, with just a couple of changes that would make it more awesome, you are in the wrong place.

This is not a cookie-cutter MMORPG, so a lot of what you may expect will not match the experience we're building.  We don't have a 15 second elevator pitch for the game that sums it up nicely. 

We're building an experience that will challenge you as a player on multiple levels, so if you think that there could be more to an MMO experience than you've currently found, this might be the place for you.

We ask that you check us out enough to figure out if this game might be something you'd try.  No problem if it's not, we appreciate you giving us your time to look into Crowfall.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm hiding all posts that aren't new people's questions, or answers (no matter how profound or witty).

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

We have not committed to native controller support.  The design guys do believe a controller mapping is likely to work fine with our combat though.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Hey! I just became a backer and i just have one question, since ive seen pretty much every video on youtube about crowfall its only a small one. Are you able to change your characters fysical aperence? Its one of the best things in video games to create a badass looking character on your own. So i really hope you can.

Hey! I just became a backer and i just have one question, since ive seen pretty much every video on youtube about crowfall its only a small one. Are you able to change your characters fysical aperence? Its one of the best things in video games to create a badass looking character on your own. So i really hope you can.

From the FAQ:

Yes. We will offer the ability to customize your character (hair styles, color and face) in Character Creation. Further customization can be done in-game, by collecting equipment.

Then there is also this, from one of the Kickstarter updates:

characterlineup_final.jpg

IhhQKY6.gif

Haven't found an answer to either of these yet.

Are some of the Archetypes going to be faction locked and are EK buildings only going to be available in the store?

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.

Haven't found an answer to either of these yet.

Are some of the Archetypes going to be faction locked and are EK buildings only going to be available in the store?

1: No, you are free to choose which faction you want to represent before you start a campaign.. Theres also a ruleset in which you choose a team based on 12 gods.

2: no, EK buildings can be built using resources gained inside the Campaigns, you get you import a percentage of the resources you put in the Embargo Chest into the Eternal Kingdom based on the win/lose ratio.

Hope this helped :)

Edited by zinnie

No to both. You can play any archetype in any faction; your character's role play is your call. EK stuff can be built by gathering and exporting sufficient resources from campaigns without ever visiting the cash shop.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Awesome, thanks! Oh wow that's even better although I do plan on supporting through cash shop just like with ESO, thanks again to the both of you and looking forward to getting both the wife and my packages backed in early July as soon as we can.

Another question I have thought of is how does tier upgrading work? And by this what I mean is. Can I just donate in general or do I have to upgrade only with store purchases? I know when you have spent over a certain amount you automatically move to the next tier, but curious as I am starting to plan ahead for backing in July.

If you're going to donate money you may as well get some pixels out of the deal. The system is designed to track store purchases only.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Hello, I am relatively new to Crowfall and will probably back it very soon. What I've seen I really like- I do have a question that I may have missed- with the PvP is it player looting? Like, say I get obliterated in the campaign (which will happen... Unfortunately) will my corpse be lootable? Will I potentially lose money/resources/gear/equipment? Thank you for any replies and again, I apologize if I missed this somewhere on the website.

Hello, I am relatively new to Crowfall and will probably back it very soon. What I've seen I really like- I do have a question that I may have missed- with the PvP is it player looting? Like, say I get obliterated in the campaign (which will happen... Unfortunately) will my corpse be lootable? Will I potentially lose money/resources/gear/equipment? Thank you for any replies and again, I apologize if I missed this somewhere on the website.

That will depend on what type of campaign and ruleset you want to play. The Dregs and The Shadow will have full loot, but others will/might not.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

As Canth said, the looting rules will vary from campaign to campaign. Take a look at this news article for some of the preliminary info on how the campaign bands will differ from each other.

Tully

Thank you, Canth and Jihan for your quick responses. I see Crowfall has quite a bit to offer in terms of variability in play styles. I'll admit that I am a novice PvP'er- and funnily enough your signature, Jihan, speaks loudly about my biggest fear in these types of MMO's. Maybe I just played WoW for too long...

But I will learn. Crowfall sounds too impressive to pass up just because I'm a little inexperienced in PvP.

Thank you again for the replies and for the article link! That cleared up my question very clearly.

I'll admit that I am a novice PvP'er- and funnily enough your signature, Jihan, speaks loudly about my biggest fear in these types of MMO's.

Remember you're not alone. You'll be playing with friends and guildies who will have your back. It will be a team effort. Yes, you'll die plenty. You'll lose gear too. But the gear is not as important as in other mmo's like WoW, so it doesn't matter as much. It's a total different mindset and experience, but that is what excites me the most.

If you want to get better in PvP, you can. You can learn this.  :)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Huxley, I suspect one of the reasons for the campaign bands is exactly so that novice PVPers can dip their toe into the more forgiving campaigns without getting blown out of the water by the old Shadowbane bittervets. And maybe you find that it's not so bad, so your second campaign you go down a band and see how that goes... everyone should be able to find a risk/reward level that suits them best, and sometimes you might discover that that's not where you thought it would be!

Tully

Thank you both again for your courtesy! That's a rare thing to receive in this day and age of gamer. I'm honestly very much looking forward to getting involved with PvP and the community with this game! The campaign bands have me really intrigued and curious to see how my skills as a Duelist (potentially) stack up!