Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Want to know something about Crowfall, ask away!

Hi..this game Pay2Win.?(CASTLES, CITADELS & PALACES-PARCELS & STRONGHOLDS)..??or haven't balance.?

Is not Fair..??

2016 Large Castle
$800*

You don't have to purchase any of the buildings to be competitive in Crowfall. The buildings are for those who want to build up their Eternal Kingdoms. It will be possible to gather materials and craft buildings. People who buy buildings from the Crowfall Store will do so for the convenience of it. 

EKs are separate from Campaign World where the action happens. You will not be able to place prefabricated buildings in Campaign Worlds. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

this is a tough one.........both to answer and your demands versus an massively multiplayer online game.

my install size of the crowfall folder is ~3 gb.

the data usage from the last 30 days of the crowfall updater was 600 mb and crowfall client 1 gb.

[but obviously we are only on limited hours of testing rather than playing it as many times when we want...]

Thanks or the info. Sounds like it should probably be playable for me as long as I'm careful.

I tried to find this question and probably someone already asked it... still. Will the classes be so strictly race locked? Not the best choice for an MMO to be honest :/ For example I really like confessor gameplay, but I want dark elf as a race. Is such option being considered?

I tried to find this question and probably someone already asked it... still. Will the classes be so strictly race locked? Not the best choice for an MMO to be honest :/ For example I really like confessor gameplay, but I want dark elf as a race. Is such option being considered?

Nope.

Basically its a matter of animation time and cost as well as lore reasons.

The majority of the classes will let you pick gender (but not some of the 'beast' archetypes). And all of them will have cosmetic customisation features in the future.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Guest Guest

Hello!

I have been looking through the skill trees presented, and I haven't been able to find something that wasn't a simple stat boost.

Will we be able to spec in the skill trees to get any new active combat skills/castable abilities, or is it all pure stat boost?

Also, as a second question, if the skill trees are all stat boosts, is there any other way in the game through items or other means to gain new unique skills/abilities?  Or is every ability your character is able to cast preset from your choice of class?

Thanks for any answers.

Hello!

I have been looking through the skill trees presented, and I haven't been able to find something that wasn't a simple stat boost.

Will we be able to spec in the skill trees to get any new active combat skills/castable abilities, or is it all pure stat boost?

Also, as a second question, if the skill trees are all stat boosts, is there any other way in the game through items or other means to gain new unique skills/abilities?  Or is every ability your character is able to cast preset from your choice of class?

Thanks for any answers.

Hello. Skill training is predominately stats - HOWEVER skill training will let you unlock more options 'outside of the tree'.

Additional powers are unlocked by Archetype promotions (which you need to train too) and training will also effect discpline runestones.

Promotions are basically sub classes  - each archetype currently has three choices.

e.g. known names (work in progress not final)

https://sites.google.com/site/crowfallresource/index/future-game-info/promotions

CHAMPION

Pitfighter

Berserker

Barbarian

CONFESSOR

Doomsayer

Inquisitor 

Sancitfier

DRUID

Witch
Accepting the death of Gaea, this Promotion Class excels in the Druid Death powers

Arch druid / Archdruid
Straddling the line between Life and Death, this Promotion Class is a more advance form of the Druid

Earthkeeper
Refusing to accept the death of Gaea, this Promotion Class excels in the Druid Life Powers

KNIGHT

Swordsman
melee dps

Sentinel
balanced or bow use

Crusader
more defence

LEGIONNAIRE

Praetorian

Centurion

Gladiator

RANGER

Archer
Embracing the Way of the Woods this promotion class excels in ranged combat.

Warder
Not aligning with either Way, this Promotion Class straddles the line between ranged and melee combat.

Bridgand
Embracing the Way of the Scoundrel this Promotion Class excels in Melee combat.

TEMPLAR

Paladin

Judicator

Fury

On top of this: all archetypes can pick a number of 'discipline runestones' which will also give additional powers and gameplay options. These are split between combat, exploration and crafting stones. An archetype body 'vessel' can only have a certain number of stones attached to it at once - about 3-6 stones. There will be ~150 stones to chose from.

e.g. discipline runestones (work in progress not final)

https://sites.google.com/site/crowfallresource/index/future-game-info/discipline-runestones

EXPLORATION:

CRAFTING:

Edited by Tinnis

Hello!

Thanks for any answers.

Yep, the Skill Trees main affects stats and attributes (groups of stats)

The main way of getting additional powers (castable abilities) is through Archetype Promotions and Discipline Runestones

Disciplines are, for the most part, crafted so it shouldn't be hard to find one (unless you're looking for the best Discipline in the game)

Most Archetypes get promotions when you reach the end of an Archetype's base skill tree. (I say most because ACE has said that if they can't find ways to diversify an Archetype enough, they may not get one.)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Guest Guest

Thanks for info! :)

I clearly need to read a bit more of this....

Hello guys, I really like how it looks. And it is even possible to ask directly developers which for most games I played was not. Great!

I have more questions which I won't be asking because I am eager and impatient, but because these questions will really help me to prepare for playing.

1. What about guilds? I would like to establish a guild without paying more than those 45$, is it possible? I would not like to be harmed by being able to have 10 less members or so and I see many things at the shop. There is nothing in the FAQ so I guess you still don't have guild system ready... Well, and what about its use? Is it intended to be a military force able to siege with few mercenaries, or for which purpose do we have guilds in the Crowfall? I read something about sieging with 'people' and it looked these people does not have to be from a guild at all so I am a bit confused --- I ask because I would like to practise my new programming skills and make website beforehand to help further organization of my guild and help newbies as well. If I still want a guild.

2. You want 45 $. Can I pay you in euros? I mean without exchange, thus I won't pay anything extra to my greedy bank. If you don't have that in plan, I will pay you sooner.

3. It is very connected to the 2nd question. Will be progress of players who already play deleted when open beta is released or do they make any? Shall I hurry to buy a copy and acess for myself?

4. Okay, my last questions comes from eager rather than from need. You already assigned heroes points for power, dexterity etc. Do they have any impact on weapon-smithing ability or alchemy skills?

Thank you for developing great game and, hopefully, see you in-game as soon as possible,

Chosen of Castle (Karel)

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Hello guys, I really like how it looks. And it is even possible to ask directly developers which for most games I played was not. Great!

I have more questions which I won't be asking because I am eager and impatient, but because these questions will really help me to prepare for playing.

1. What about guilds? I would like to establish a guild without paying more than those 45$, is it possible? I would not like to be harmed by being able to have 10 less members or so and I see many things at the shop. There is nothing in the FAQ so I guess you still don't have guild system ready... Well, and what about its use? Is it intended to be a military force able to siege with few mercenaries, or for which purpose do we have guilds in the Crowfall? I read something about sieging with 'people' and it looked these people does not have to be from a guild at all so I am a bit confused --- I ask because I would like to practise my new programming skills and make website beforehand to help further organization of my guild and help newbies as well. If I still want a guild.

2. You want 45 $. Can I pay you in euros? I mean without exchange, thus I won't pay anything extra to my greedy bank. If you don't have that in plan, I will pay you sooner.

3. It is very connected to the 2nd question. Will be progress of players who already play deleted when open beta is released or do they make any? Shall I hurry to buy a copy and acess for myself?

4. Okay, my last questions comes from eager rather than from need. You already assigned heroes points for power, dexterity etc. Do they have any impact on weapon-smithing ability or alchemy skills?

Thank you for developing great game and, hopefully, see you in-game as soon as possible,

Chosen of Castle (Karel)

1. making guilds is free and its only going to be optional extras for cash. size ain't going to be one of them i bet unless really large...

2. it will be converted to whatever currency - but be aware of extra tax. that is beyond ACE's control

3. very unlikely any progress will save between closed and open testing

4. doubt it...but they've hinted that some archetypes may be naturally more gifted at certain crafts than others (then crafting will be trained via skill trees)

Can I edit my post I just made or can't I?

5. I just wanted to ask whether this http://crowfallguilds.com/ is your webpage or something made by 3rd party to make recruiting more comfortable. Is it?

5. a 3rd party site 

Edited by Tinnis

Thank you for your reply master! What if I get 45$ pledge pack along with war horse (10$). If I fully understand FAQ, then how much I spend determines my group. In which group I will be if I buy both for 55$?

Thank you for your reply master! What if I get 45$ pledge pack along with war horse (10$). If I fully understand FAQ, then how much I spend determines my group. In which group I will be if I buy both for 55$?

In order to join Beta 1 you need to spend 69$... so you'll have to pay an extra 14$ on top of the 55$ if you want to.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Guys, thank you for your replyes. But, there is still that one remaining question. What is the purpose of guild? Just stick together and be part of sieging, or will it be a military force able to lay siege alone for example? Any guild ranking and guild battles between guilds and so on so on?

I have already reserved domain for my guild and guide website, but just need to know what exactly I am creating at the moment. What for will that guild be? And maybe is it allowed to use graphics and art found on crowfall.com for such a website (I think so as it may and mostly will raise popularity too, but I am just asking to be sure)?

Again, thank you for creating great game,

Chosen of Castle

A guild will be the centre for your economic, military and political power base. I hope

This game is centred around large scale PvP. For that to be successful you will need an organisational structure aka your guild.

Regarding setting up a guild website download the CC media kit. And don't forget to read the T&Cs.

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!