Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Want to know something about Crowfall, ask away!

I understand a purpose for EK is to sell your wares and store stuff and have a place for your guild mates or community to hang out in between campaigns.  But what other purpose does it serve?  Will there be anything else to do in EK?  Is there another purpose the strongholds/castles provide in EK besides storage and vendor selling?

Particular buildings can host relics and artifacts which will provide Blessings (passive buffs). Besides this, the EK will not only have buildings, but also empty areas surrounding them. These areas will be the sources for the lesser materials and also wildlife.

We will also be able to enable PvP on these EK's where we want it. The EK's will be more than a housing area for sure! 

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Other than the Store and gifting, are there other ways we can build a castle on our EK?

A blueprint + large amount of mats?

Winning CWs?

Questing? (lol?)

Likewise, would it be possible to upgrade my fort or castle into a palace through hard work and dedication? 

OS_Sig3.png

1. A blueprint + large amount of mats?

2. Winning CWs?

3. Questing? (lol?)

Likewise, would it be possible to upgrade my fort or castle into a palace through hard work and dedication? 

1. Yes.
  2. Maybe.
  3. No.

With real hard work and dedication, sure. By yourself? Most likely not.

ZCcquVD.png

I've a question, sires!

How about player music, ala LOTRO or Star Wars Galaxies?

Surely not a profession dedicated to Entertainment because we're all here to murder eachother endlessly. 

But I love the player events in LOTRO for the Music Concerts still, and something to do as we're all trolling eachother on a globel chat channel would be pretty cool.

Anyways, just asking. Thanks!

Hello fellow warriors, I just decided to pay a small fee to enter the pearly gates that leads to this amazing forum of warriors, and I wanted to take this opportunity to ask some of the people that has lived in here longer then me some questions, That I hope you will do me the honor of answering. 

1. If I buy a castle from the store, the small one, Would I need to have another pledge pack then the 5$ one? 

2. When it is bought and the war starts, should I be afraid that it will get destroyed by other guilds and that I have then wasted nearly 200$?

3. Is there a way to reserve guild names or is that not an option? 

Well that was my questions, a thank you will be given to whom ever wishes to answer them, and a warriors handshake! 

Hello fellow warriors, I just decided to pay a small fee to enter the pearly gates that leads to this amazing forum of warriors, and I wanted to take this opportunity to ask some of the people that has lived in here longer then me some questions, That I hope you will do me the honor of answering. 

1. If I buy a castle from the store, the small one, Would I need to have another pledge pack then the 5$ one? 

2. When it is bought and the war starts, should I be afraid that it will get destroyed by other guilds and that I have then wasted nearly 200$?

3. Is there a way to reserve guild names or is that not an option? 

Well that was my questions, a thank you will be given to whom ever wishes to answer them, and a warriors handshake! 

Welcome fellow Crow!  :)

1. Yes, you will have to purchase the 2015 Contributor (or higher) bundle.
  2. Short answer: The buildings you buy can only be placed on the Eternal Kingdoms and not in the Campaign Worlds. They will not never get destroyed. For the long answer you'll have to read the Eternal Kingdoms FAQ: https://crowfall.com/#/faq/eternal-kingdoms
  3. Yes, you will have to buy the Reserve Guild Name package found here: https://crowfall.com/#/store/services

May your blades never be dull!

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

I'm not sure whether you can buy any store items at the $5 pledge level, but even if you can you can't do anything with them since the game license is not included until the $40ish level. If you're sold enough on the game to drop money on buildings your probably going to want to play the game.

The strongholds in the store are for placing in your personal housing zone, not in the campaign servers. You don't have to worry about destruction (except possibly if you choose to enable pvp in your personal kingdom.)

Guild name reservations are available for purchase in a separate part of the store, not add party of the pledges any more.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Welcome fellow Crow!  :)

1. Yes, you will have to purchase the 2015 Contributor (or higher) bundle.
  2. Short answer: The buildings you buy can only be placed on the Eternal Kingdoms and not in the Campaign Worlds. They will not never get destroyed. For the long answer you'll have to read the Eternal Kingdoms FAQ: https://crowfall.com/#/faq/eternal-kingdoms
  3. Yes, you will have to buy the Reserve Guild Name package found here: https://crowfall.com/#/store/services

May your blades never be dull!

Thank you for the fine answers sir, Yet I find it hard to see why I need the 2015 Contributor  bundle, not that it matters I'll probably get it in the future anyway. But how come the support ain't enough, since I buy the castle on exclusively? 

I'm not sure whether you can buy any store items at the $5 pledge level, but even if you can you can't do anything with them since the game license is not included until the $40ish level. If you're sold enough on the game to drop money on buildings your probably going to want to play the game.

The strongholds in the store are for placing in your personal housing zone, not in the campaign servers. You don't have to worry about destruction (except possibly if you choose to enable pvp in your personal kingdom.)

Guild name reservations are available for purchase in a separate part of the store, not add party of the pledges any more.

Thank you sir! 

Thank you for the fine answers sir, Yet I find it hard to see why I need the 2015 Contributor  bundle, not that it matters I'll probably get it in the future anyway. But how come the support ain't enough, since I buy the castle on exclusively? 

The Contributor bundle gives you access to the game.  It would be impossible to utilize the items in the store without game access.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I'm so excited about this game. I was a big Shadowbane and Warhammer player. I saw the Confessor and Templar are back and I squealed like a little girl. I just found the system platforms faq. Looks like beta's out of the question for my mac. Guess it's time to get a new computer. Did I mention I'm friggin excited!

Edited by BlacklistX

With real hard work and dedication, sure. By yourself? Most likely not.

Challenge Accepted!

I guess that depends on how you define "by yourself". You can't win any campaign "by yourself", so the question boils down to how much credit you give yourself for your personal leadership, inspiration, and contribution to your team's success.

Edited by Jihan

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Hello everyone,i have a question regarding the strongholds in the CWs.

After building a city/town/fort/stronghold in a campaign world,will we be able to employ guards to defend them?

Can we also employ craftsman and/or merchants to supply stuff in exchange for the resources we scavenge is said world?

Hello everyone,i have a question regarding the strongholds in the CWs.

After building a city/town/fort/stronghold in a campaign world,will we be able to employ guards to defend them?

Can we also employ craftsman and/or merchants to supply stuff in exchange for the resources we scavenge is said world?

Briefly, yes. Take a look at this FAQ page and pay particular attention to the sections on thralls.

https://crowfall.com/#/faq/economy

Tully

First of all thanks for answering :) .

Unfortunately that does not answer my question,i did read trough all the FAQ and news(took me around 3 days ahaha)and a search on the forum didn't give me much results.

What i am talking about is more something like a system of permanent guards and of npc permanence (i dunno,something like innkeepers or blacksmiths that mint coins from ore maybe?) in a player built city since i believe an empty castle would both look silly and hard to properly defend,moreso during the night.

An empty stronghold has very little to protect it.

Maybe 20 guards for every fort tier?

Or is this something that has never been mentioned?

Buildings have a limited number of thrall slots. You can place thralls of different sorts to do different things; guard thralls will attack enemies or aggressors in their range, crafting thralls will produce items if supplied with materials and templates, shop thralls will hold items for sale, etc.

Tully

I see,i was more of the idea that thralls were pretty rare all in all,not something so easily expendable.

So basically if i want guards i will have to place thralls guards in a guardhouse or tower slot and merchant thralls in a marketlike building and so on.

That clarifies things a bit,thank you.

#.1 Will there be any underwater mechanics for dungeons? (Kedge Keep in EQ1 is my absolute favorite dungeon to this day)

#2. How will tagging be regarded in combat? First person hits get credit or all who hit get credit?  I ask because countless times you go to engage an enemy and someone else ranged will get it first, this mechanic is extremely annoying as most of the time this person is doing it on purpose. Kind of reinforces toxic behaviour and creates more reasons to play a certain type of class and neglect other classes.

#3. How will communication work? Do you plan to add an ingame voice options? Although ingame voice has never really been successful thus far, maybe it could be improved on?  I ask because I do not enjoy joining random voice servers (teamspeak, vent etc...) it takes away from the game play when you have to stop playing and sort out voice only to be annoyed by the people in the channel. Where as if it were already in the game, you could speak to your group directly when needed and hopefully also have a way to mute the inevitable joker snorting into the mic.