Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Want to know something about Crowfall, ask away!

Hi guys, my question is about the mounts in the website shop. I happened to buy the nightmare 2015 horse under the impression that it was going to be exclusive to people that bought it either stand-alone or with their pledge package.. is this correct? The mount will be removed from the shop in 2016?

The way I understand it is:

You'll be able to continue to buy 2015 mounts if you backed the game in 2015. Like, it's 2017 and you are still able to buy the 2015 mounts. But, if you backed the game in 2016, you can't buy the 2015 mounts at all.

The same thing should apply to the buildings (and packages) as well.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

The way I understand it is:

You'll be able to continue to buy 2015 mounts if you backed the game in 2015. Like, it's 2017 and you are still able to buy the 2015 mounts. But, if you backed the game in 2016, you can't buy the 2015 mounts at all.

The same thing should apply to the buildings (and packages) as well.

I'm not sure about mounts, but based on recent blog posts even if you have a package you won't be able to upgrade to 2015 versions after a few months into 2016, and if you don't have a package at all the cut off will Jan 1. I would assume any 2015 items will be disappearing.

I'm not sure about mounts, but based on recent blog posts even if you have a package you won't be able to upgrade to 2015 versions after a few months into 2016, and if you don't have a package at all the cut off will Jan 1. I would assume any 2015 items will be disappearing.

Yeah, you're totally right about the package thing. Changed my post above.  :)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

How will variations between attack ranges of weapons be handled? Or is the range of each attack skill considered independently of the weapon type the archetype uses? e.g. if archetype X uses a polearm and archetype Y uses a dagger then do all archetype X polearm attacks have longer range than all of archetype Y dagger attacks?

Is there currently, or will there be, noticeable differences between the ranges of different 'melee' attacks? On that note, are attacks even classified as 'melee' and 'ranged'? If so how does/will this work?

e.g. in Tera Zerk Thunderstrike (bread&butter zerk skill, overhand melee attack) had a range of 9meters and a cooldown ~<5 seconds while some melee classes had most main skills with range less than 9meters. The shortest range characters usually had higher/highest attack speeds, so thunderstrike having 9 meter range was very important as it allowed Zerk to 'kite' them to some (small) extent.. err 'kite' probably isn't the right word.

Basically, in Tera, the transition between 'melee' character and 'ranged' character was less binary than most other mmorpgs. It was more like a softer transition, for example, generally speaking (ye I know backstab geez, I said generally speaking), warrior range < zerk range < reaper range < archer range. Warrior would be classified as 'melee', archer as 'long ranged', reaper was a 'skirmisher', and zerk was... well it was a polearm class! 

Edited by Aguise

How will variations between attack ranges of weapons be handled? Or is the range of each attack skill considered independently of the weapon type the archetype uses? e.g. if archetype X uses a polearm and archetype Y uses a dagger then do all archetype X polearm attacks have longer range than all of archetype Y dagger attacks?

Is there currently, or will there be, noticeable differences between the ranges of different 'melee' attacks? On that note, are attacks even classified as 'melee' and 'ranged'? If so how does/will this work?

e.g. in Tera Zerk Thunderstrike (bread&butter zerk skill, overhand melee attack) had a range of 9meters and a cooldown ~<5 seconds while some melee classes had most main skills with range less than 9meters. The shortest range characters usually had higher/highest attack speeds, so thunderstrike having 9 meter range was very important as it allowed Zerk to 'kite' them to some (small) extent.. err 'kite' probably isn't the right word.

Basically, in Tera, the transition between 'melee' character and 'ranged' character was less binary than most other mmorpgs. It was more like a softer transition, for example, generally speaking (ye I know backstab geez, I said generally speaking), warrior range < zerk range < reaper range < archer range. Warrior would be classified as 'melee', archer as 'long ranged', reaper was a 'skirmisher', and zerk was... well it was a polearm class! 

https://youtu.be/hgBNxDZi1Nk?t=3m20s

It stays pretty much the same within an archetype.

How will item rarity (common, rare, superior, legendary, I believe) interact with crafting? Will components have rarities? Will crafting results have variable rarity, or perhaps rarity assigned based on material quality? If crafted items don't use the rarity system then how will they measure up? Can you craft an item that is better than Legendary?

I'm sure all of these will have answers eventually, but their implications especially in regard to Vessel crafting are somewhat important now...

Currently when a target is within range of a characters abilities, the aiming reticle turns red.

How will item rarity (common, rare, superior, legendary, I believe) interact with crafting? Will components have rarities? Will crafting results have variable rarity, or perhaps rarity assigned based on material quality? If crafted items don't use the rarity system then how will they measure up? Can you craft an item that is better than Legendary?

I'm sure all of these will have answers eventually, but their implications especially in regard to Vessel crafting are somewhat important now...

https://www.crowfall.com/en/faq/economy/

13. YOU MENTION METAL ALLOYS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

Metal Alloys are made from combining various types of ores in the crafting process. Each ore combination produces either a Pure Metal or an Alloy. Pure Metals grant Attributes, while Alloys grant Attributes and Statistics. Ores from all resource tiers are used throughout the entire crafting tree to ensure that no ore becomes obsolete. The amount of combinations gives the player a gigantic palette of options to use when crafting.

14. ALLOYS SOUND LIKE FANCY SUB-COMPONENTS?

They are super-fancy sub components! The secret sauce they add to the system is the freedom they give the crafter to make customized items. To continue the example from above: the Plate Helm recipe has a resource slot which requires 3 Metal. The crafter can use any 3 Metal they want in the Recipe. Want to go all attributes? Use 3 pure metals. Want to go more statistics than attributes? Use 3 alloys. Want to go a mix of attributes and statistics? Use 2 pure metals and 1 alloy! This is independent of the Enchantment that you can later bind into the item, which really depends on the Thrall that you have captured.

The Smith can make his armor as custom or as simple as he wants to. One of the great parts of this system is that it is extensible to other materials: Leather, Cloth, etc.

-----

I don't think components have rarity, rather I think the type of component, i.e. steel is superior to copper, will determine an items rarity.

Folks, remember that this section of the forums is for newly registered Crows and new pledgers.  Detailed design questions would be better off in the General or Community Question & Answer sections.

Thanks!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Hello,

First let me say i am absolutely amazed by CrowFall's potential! While i have hundreds of questions, i suspect i can find them over time. I could not however find one of my most important questions - Sorry if its be asked already!

I am curious about how the gold-spamming and bots will with combated? I see that Crow will allow for open trading between players along with mobs that can be farmed for mats - Do these systems not encourage the negative impact many MMORPG's go through? Id also like to know if our NA version will be land-locked/IP blocked from certain countries?

Thank you for your time, cant wait to get started!

I am curious about how the gold-spamming and bots will with combated?

The campaign export model mitigates a lot of those issues. While you can farm resources in small quantities safely in your EK, the only way to accumulate real wealth will be to export it from the campaign worlds. In order to do that, you have to not only amass the wealth in the first place (in an open PVP world where bots will be prime targets for roaming looters), you then have to transport it to an export tower - with significant risk of bandits along the way- and place it in your embargo vault. Then, you need to actually win your campaign in order to get a decent export ratio. None of that design is conducive to the kind of grinding for coin we see in many PVE themepark games.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Once a world is infected by the Hunger its destruction is imminent and inevitable, so allowing Eternal Kingdoms to stay in a non-”spring" state indefinitely would contradict the lore.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Will we be able to run multiple instances of the client simultaneously, for a multiple monitor scenario? I ask mainly because of this: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4488-crafting-economy-f-a-q/page-2

Well, you have choices to make with your General training: you can only train one General skill at a time, so that can be either a crafting skill or a combat skill. Hauling will be under the exploration portion of the General tree so all 3 of those training goals are mutually exclusive: you can either split your time among multiple foci, or specialize in one area.

With that said, even while your General tree is training crafting or exploration skills, you'd also be training an archetype skill, and those are all combat oriented as far as we know. So even if your general training is completely focused on production skills you'd still have some comabt abilities as well assuming that your vessel is an archetype that you've trained for.

Realistically, though, if you had multiple accounts in Eve for different roles, you'll probably end up wanting to do the same thing in CF.

It is the impression that I have gotten to maximize to the fullest of the playstyles of crafter or combatant I will need a secondary account/character to do so, much akin to Eve Online.

Edited by a1uc3rd

The devs have stated that they specifically intend to disable running multiple clients on one system. They want to discourage multi boxing and would consider any form of octopus system an abuse.

Tully

I just signed up for alpha 2 pledge package, I was wondering where I would download the game to take part in alpha testing

Thanks!

Also any guilds recruiting? :P

Edited by tempest

You'll get an email shortly with download instructions.

Tully

I read quite a few articles and watched a few videos but cant find anything on the different skills, is there going to be any other type of skills introduced besides crafting? I enjoyed making gear and "skilling" on my downtime from pvp

I actually found the answer to my question here:

https://www.crowfall.com/en/faq/economy/

I must have looked over it. I apologize.

Edited by Egavas

Dedicated Crafter.