Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Want to know something about Crowfall, ask away!

Heya! I've been following Crowfall for a while before decided to make the leap and put some money down into it. I have one simple question - I tend to really enjoy playing swordsman styled classes. Is there anything that fits the description or is it Templar? I do know there's a swordsman knight promotion class but since there's little to no information on it then I feel it can be changed into something else at anytime.

Obviously there's the Swordsman promotion class from Knight. But that's just a name. What does "Swordsman" mean to you in terms of gameplay style or combat type? In general, the knight classes are about armor tanking with 1H weapon (probably sword for you :) and shield, while Templar is more a Dodge tank with a two hander. If you want a fencer type DPS, you can probably make a character you'll like from a Ranger or possibly Stalker or Duelist although we don't know much about those yet.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Obviously there's the Swordsman promotion class from Knight. But that's just a name. What does "Swordsman" mean to you in terms of gameplay style or combat type? In general, the knight classes are about armor tanking with 1H weapon (probably sword for you :) and shield, while Templar is more a Dodge tank with a two hander. If you want a fencer type DPS, you can probably make a character you'll like from a Ranger or possibly Stalker or Duelist although we don't know much about those yet.

Pretty much a fencer, yeah. Though it seems Templar is going to fill in the swordsmaster role I was seeking due to being a dodge based fighter.

I want to ask something, about character customization.

The part where we can change the looks.

I had already seen a video about it in youtube where it have face & hairstyle option. (including color)

Though what i'm wondering is if we would need to purchase cosmetic for standard option?

(or perhaps what kind of comestic that need to be puchased to unlock it)

5tcNR0w.png
                                     "A single attack to destroy anything"

i would like to know how to get into the play test this sunday march 20 what do i need

Presuming Sunday's test is still the Hunger Dome, you will need to be in Alpha 2 to play. You can get into the Alpha 2 group by either buying a pledge package that includes Alpha 2, such as a Gold package or Collectors Edition, or by spending $150 total on any combination of things from the store.

Pledge Packages in Store

Pledge Package FAQ

HOW ARE TESTING LEVELS ACCRUED BY BACKER AMOUNTS?

For those in the US, playtest access level is determined by the combination of your pledge package tier and the sum total of additional purchases:

Beta 2 >= 38
Beta 1 >= 60
Alpha Group 3 >= 99
Alpha Group 2 >= 150

Outside the US, your pledging sum alone determines the playtest access level. This is listed on your “Transactions” tab which you can access when you log into your Crowfall.com account page.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

The challenge with doing the kind of meaningful strategic level PvP in a fully persistent server shard is well described by the "Uncle Bob" scenario we outlined in our Kickstarter.  

uncle-bob-1_zpswmzuoqi9.jpg

Now you've done it.  Never, ever, say his name.  

He's always listening, you know.  

Always.  

How will alts work in this game, with regards to the vessel system? Are alts even feasible or will it not be worth the trouble?

If you're a VIP member, you're allowed to train 3 different Archetype skill tree at the same time. If you're not VIP you can only train one at a time. Everyone can train in any tree and you can still use the vessel of an Archetype you haven't trained in. Seems like a good deal of alters like myself.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Hey, I'm new here and I was wondering, before I buy a pledge package, about how much internet data will this game take, if anyone knows? I have a limit of 10 GB per month, so I want to make sure I will be able to play the game on that before I spend any money on it.

Guest Zzorba

What lvl pledge do you need to play Crowfall today?

Presuming Sunday's test is still the Hunger Dome, you will need to be in Alpha 2 to play. You can get into the Alpha 2 group by either buying a pledge package that includes Alpha 2, such as a Gold package or Collectors Edition, or by spending $150 total on any combination of things from the store.

Pledge Packages in Store

Pledge Package FAQ

Actually Alpha 3, the Bronze  package works!

What lvl pledge do you need to play Crowfall today?

Bronze package, the first one in the pledge store!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Hey, I'm new here and I was wondering, before I buy a pledge package, about how much internet data will this game take, if anyone knows? I have a limit of 10 GB per month, so I want to make sure I will be able to play the game on that before I spend any money on it.

this is a tough one.........both to answer and your demands versus an massively multiplayer online game.

my install size of the crowfall folder is ~3 gb.

the data usage from the last 30 days of the crowfall updater was 600 mb and crowfall client 1 gb.

[but obviously we are only on limited hours of testing rather than playing it as many times when we want...]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Do we know if any archetype/promotion will dual wield swords(not daggers)?

Hello - the Myrmidon (minotaur) will dual wields axes. 

The assassin will likely have daggers like the Ranger or perhaps swords but won't don't know yet.

We don't know the details of the promotions at this point. I wouldn't put it past the champion to potentially have this option but who knows.

The duelist will probably dual wield a pistol and a sword / dagger.

But again we don't really know yet :)

Edited by Tinnis

But again we don't really know yet :)

That's what i expected  :P

Doesnt the Ranger fight melee with two swords?

Aren't they daggers?

I was thinking Sonya from Diablo/HoTS

Doesnt the Ranger fight melee with two swords?

That's what i expected  :P

Aren't they daggers?

I was thinking Sonya from Diablo/HoTS

Rangers dual wield melee weapons are referred to as 'blades'

i'll be honest I can't really even say if they are daggers or swords. The ranger's powers and skills don't specify the name as sword or dagger (gear says "blades" skills say "dual wield weapons")

Visually it looks more like she has one short sword and one dagger and holds them in more of a dagger than sword manner - one overhand one underhand.

H85RdXQ.png

ZGYQu5l.png

goU9gpM.png

see my recent ranger video and judge for yourself :P 

Generic skill training says there are both swords and daggers in the game.

assuming assassin will have daggers.

Edited by Tinnis

Guest tinnis

Hi..this game Pay2Win..(PARCELS & STRONGHOLDS-CASTLES, CITADELS & PALACES)..??? or havent balance..

2016 Large Castle
$800*
is not fair..? : /

Hello.

No the game is not pay to win.

Such prices are more about people wishing to fund and support the making of the game.

All the 'bonuses' such as Castles are basically cosmetic features in the 'Eternal Kingdoms' (trading / housing zones) which are separate from where players will fight (campaign worlds).