Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eonwe

RIP us seeing the Development Partners subforum

What? I cannot see anything! It works perfectly fine ace please move on this is just a player post

Edited by Eren

ha. just saw that that devtracker note and was going to make a no fair post :P

DON'T TEASE US WITH CRAP WE CAN'T ACTUALLY ACCESS.

i mean it's great that jtc is talking with the important people, but don't rub it in us commoners faces please. kthxbye.

I skim these forums occasionally, if I see interesting content that the devs may have missed ill probably steal it and let you know brought it up as my own Idea.

J/K, but ill put it in there for them to see. 

Can't guarantee an immediate reply though until the ok is given to release it but at least you will know its been seen and eventually addressed. 

I'm sure Nyt and the others with access would probably do the same.

I skim these forums occasionally, if I see interesting content that the devs may have missed ill probably steal it and let you know brought it up as my own Idea.

J/K, but ill put it in there for them to see. 

Can't guarantee an immediate reply though until the ok is given to release it but at least you will know its been seen and eventually addressed. 

I'm sure Nyt and the others with access would probably do the same.

Definitely.  I've already brought up the need for clarification on the state buildings are in when dropped in the EK (fyi...since it was made available via dev tracker earlier: under-construction... which will require resources from the CWs before they're functional), which came from one of these forum threads.

We're basically narrowing down the scope of questions to ones that we feel aren't addressed clearly in the FAQ (admit it, there's an extreme high volume of noise that are covered by the FAQ or other outlets already), which could be explained further.  

They'll be taking these questions and releasing a more "finalized" post (and possibly a video) monthly for the rest of the community to absorb and comment on.  I think it's an excellent way for Ace to remain focused on development while getting fed filtered open questions from the community.  They may not be able to provide a full answer at this stage of development, but at least they're aware of the concerns and will address them once they finalize the detailed design on their end.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

They'll be taking these questions and releasing a more "finalized" post (and possibly a video) monthly for the rest of the community to absorb and comment on.  I think it's an excellent way for Ace to remain focused on development while getting fed filtered open questions from the community.  They may not be able to provide a full answer at this stage of development, but at least they're aware of the concerns and will address them once they finalize the detailed design on their end.

Right, and while I'm sure 99% of the good content is probably seen by the devs on this and other forums. We can be that second net that gets that 1% of the good stuff that may have slipped though.

Cant they make it so we can view the forums but not post in it?

The reason why they have it private is because alot of what they talk about may not be implemented or completely different from what they post.

Something taken out of context like if someone saw and reposted "The Devs said we all get magical unicorns on release day" then when it does not happen just opens up a huge can of worms.

Edited by Zandur

The reason why they have it private is because alot of what they talk about may not be implemented or completely different from what they post.

Something taken out of context like if someone saw and reposted "The Devs said we all get magical unicorns on release day" then when it does not happen just opens up a huge can of worms.

True shame, as a sapphire id love to at least lurk that forum. :/ Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

no NDA on even the early alpha stages, but a forum where they post once a month is only accessible to the high-end backers?

Come on people... it's just to make you feel special when in reality you ain't.

Honestly, I hope they do make it somewhat special. If they're willing to drop 2500 to help fund development they deserve something. Even if it's WIP concept art a few weeks before release, or being able to have a higher probability of their questions being answered by a dev. Plus they already get to play alpha before us peasants do. It's whatever man, no big deal.

e:

My 2000th post is in response to some crying scrub. GG

Edited by primal

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Well , im sure that issue can easly be fixed by having a post limit. Those who have above 1000 posts wont make such mistakes, as they would have alot of knowledge about what is going on.