Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eonwe

RIP us seeing the Development Partners subforum

if the answers are going to be shared with the public then they have to hold back and make sure they only say what they are ready to announce officially to the public.  The "fix" would be to limit what they say in the Q&A, simply to satisfy people who feel like they "deserve" to listen in on whatever ACE says, even in private.

C'mon people.  If they want to have a private discussion with people who pledged thousands of dollars to help develop their game, let them.  No need to act like we are getting shorted on something we "deserve."

What makes you think that were wont be a zero leak out of 48+ people?

All they have to do is saying "this information is subject to chance". Now if there is something that they really want to hide to public, they can still do it. But from the previous leak we know that there really was not something that would end the world if it was leaked.

Most of us are aware that anything is subject to chance, yet if we were not as hyped as anyone else, we would not become active members on the forums this early on.

Now if they really want to have a private talk with those people, they can simply say it, but from what i know that is not what Q&A's are about.

Edited by Eren

Now if they really want to have a private talk with those people, they can simply say it, but from what i know that is not what Q&A's are about.

They have said it.

ACE Development Partners

Restricted access forum exclusively for those who've earned the "Monthly Q&A with ACE" backer reward.

It is a restricted access forum and they have asked the people with access not to copy and paste from that forum to public areas.

from the previous leak we know that there really was not something that would end the world if it was leaked.

No, the world wouldn't end.  Nobody said it would.  

Will the world end if that forum remains restricted to the people it was created for?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

They have said it.

It is a restricted access forum and they have asked the people with access not to copy and paste from that forum to public areas.

No, the world wouldn't end.  Nobody said it would.  

Will the world end if that forum remains restricted to the people it was created for?

There are many reasons of its current state, it could be because there is no current system that supports view-only-forums. Can you quote where they exatly said it is private?

If the world does not end in both situations, what is the point of hiding?

Can you quote where they exatly said it is private?

They asked people not to quote what they said in that forum.  That request was (briefly) visible in the devtracker.

I did quote the bit where they call it "restricted" and "exclusive."  That is not enough for you?

I already explained why they would choose to have a private forum for top backers.  I wouldn't call it "hiding" but rather "private."

IhhQKY6.gif

Dev team always needs a small group of smart, engaged players to bounce ideas off of and listen for feedback without the noise and drama of the public forums. DAoC had the team leads, SB had the advocates, etc.

This is the first place I've seen that group selected by cash rather than merit, though. It's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off for them.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It's like 2011 all over again...

Occupy_Oakland_99_Percent_signs.jpg

I have no clue what that is about

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

They asked people not to quote what they said in that forum.  That request was (briefly) visible in the devtracker.

I did quote the bit where they call it "restricted" and "exclusive."  That is not enough for you?

I already explained why they would choose to have a private forum for top backers.  I wouldn't call it "hiding" but rather "private."

Again, there can be thosand other reasons why the forums are locked. Unless they say that we are not going to release any information to you peasants the words restricted and exclusive do not explain anything.

You did say that they would want a private discussion, you did not say why. The reason is still empty. "They want to have private discussion with their top donors".

In case they want to make their top donors feel special, what is the point of standing on a stage if there is no one to watch you?

You did say that they would want a private discussion, you did not say why. The reason is still empty. "They want to have private discussion with their top donors".

In case they want to make their top donors feel special, what is the point of standing on a stage if there is no one to watch you?

Yes, I did say why.  Twice, so far in this thread.

It gives them a place to bounce ideas off a small group of superfans when they are not yet ready to announce the stuff.

if the answers are going to be shared with the public then they have to hold back and make sure they only say what they are ready to announce officially to the public.

It provides them a place where they can speak more freely without worrying that people will treat what they say as official announcements.  A peek inside the development process that would normally be unavailable to the public.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Yes, I did say why.  Twice, so far in this thread.

It provides them a place where they can speak more freely without worrying that people will treat what they say as official announcements.  A peak inside the development process that would normally be unavailable to the public.

This is not a proper reason at all. This is something that can be fixed with single sentence."Everything is subject to chance" Almost every video on kickstarter use that word, hundreds of developers release ideas where everything can chance, ACE already released us many information which could completely chance over time. The leak itself mentioned that all those ideas could chance over time.

A proper reason would be something that would actually take longer then a sentence to fix, such as releasing personal information. Meeting locations etc. But then again, forums would not be ideal place for it. In that case mailing is always better

One another reason to have locked forums would be discussing how to develop game with special persons. But then again determining ones suggestion quality by the money they possess is not the best way. 

And the last time some "lock-down" happened was with NDA of ESO. Which was necessary to hide that their game is not the half of what they were promising us.

Edited by Eren

This is not a proper reason at all.

You are entitled to that opinion.  Maybe Artcraft will agree with you and open up the forum.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

You are entitled to that opinion.  Maybe Artcraft will agree with you and open up the forum.

Its not that im trying to say that your claim is wrong. I can see clearly that ArtCraft could be following that opinion. Im just saying that if ArtCraft is following that reason, it really is not a good logic to follow. But then again, who are we to tell ArtCraft how to do something anyways. 

Oh for goodness sakes. Mumble grumble furrows eyebrows and frowns at folks complaining about the locked board.

A special forum was promised to a certain level of backers.

Some folks backed on that level and now Crowfall is delivering on that promise.

The time to complain was back during the Kickstarter if you had an issue with an isolated board only for high level backers.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Oh for goodness sakes. Mumble grumble furrows eyebrows and frowns at folks complaining about the locked board.

Some folks backed on that level and now Crowfall is delivering on that promise.

The time to complain was back during the Kickstarter if you had an issue with an isolated board only for high level backers.

Shouldn't you be prepping for a beautify pageant? I'm surprised to see you finally venturing out of the RP forums.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

A6HIGCx.png

spoiler alert.  the rest of the post was, "I don't want to talk about combat details, because we are in the middle of working on it. I don't want to annouce something, spend a bunch of time defending it, and then we figure out we have to change it.  Seems like a waste of time."

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

spoiler alert.  the rest of the post was, "I don't want to talk about combat details, because we are in the middle of working on it. I don't want to annouce something, spend a bunch of time defending it, and then we figure out we have to change it.  Seems like a waste of time."

Todd

ACE

Yeah, we get it but can we like get some combat details though?

No. What was promised to a certain level of backers was a monthly Q&A, and considering this game is completely out in the open, we all guessed it was a privilege to make questions, not a privilege to read the answers. I am not madly furious about it, infact I agree on some of Jah points, but I am just saying that usually when a group of people is against something it's for a reason.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

No. What was promised to a certain level of backers was a monthly Q&A, and considering this game is completely out in the open, we all guessed it was a privilege to make questions, not a privilege to read the answers. I am not madly furious about it, infact I agree on some of Jah points, but I am just saying that usually when a group of people is against something it's for a reason.

I hear you.  It's not what you expected but I don't think that anyone at ACE broke any promise.  Folks expected/hoped/assumed but that's a different kettle of fish. But I get that there's disappointment - I just don't think that it should be confused with betrayal.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.