Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Handies

Nvidia gives em away for free to maxwell users, thats why im waiting for 980ti release, i wouldnt want to play W3 in low settings anyways. BTW i got Witcher + Witcher 2 for 3 dollars on steam, going to make a whole playthrough of the series before i play the last game of this epic serie

Nvidia gives em away for free to maxwell users, thats why im waiting for 980ti release, i wouldnt want to play W3 in low settings anyways. BTW i got Witcher + Witcher 2 for 3 dollars on steam, going to make a whole playthrough of the series before i play the last game of this epic serie

I got mine for free with my 980. I also own Witcher 1 and 2. I like 3 the most.

Picking up W3 this afternoon, and am gonna give it a go over the weekend.

I've heard positive reviews.  The combat can be finicky from my understanding, but the story line and character development is pretty great.

[@--(o.O)@]

Picking up W3 this afternoon, and am gonna give it a go over the weekend.

I've heard positive reviews.  The combat can be finicky from my understanding, but the story line and character development is pretty great.

Yeah, there is still a few bugs and stuff. That is expected. There has been 2 patches since the 18th, so they are working on it. The story does get pretty dark at times. 

Yeah, there is still a few bugs and stuff. That is expected. There has been 2 patches since the 18th, so they are working on it. The story does get pretty dark at times. 

Haven't read into the bug stuff yet.  I'll be picking it up or PS4 though since it's upstairs, and don't want to spend hours upon hours holed up in the basement with a newborn.  Wife probably wouldn't appreciate that.

[@--(o.O)@]

I heartily recommend this game. It's Skyrim with a challenging and engrossing combat system. And, well, you're basically a R-rated ghostbuster.

I didn't play the previous Witcher games and am still thoroughly enjoying the story - it's accessible enough and very well written.

just an Eldreth

Im about 3 hours into it and I can tell you its got a great amount of depth. If you account for the fact that the world size is almost double that of Skyrim.... its an incredible amount of content.

The first and second witchers had a combat system that got trivially easy near the end, even on harder difficulties. This games seemingly a lot tougher right off the bat then I remember Witcher 2 being. Bodes well for the game imo.

I'll be writing up a big review on it over the weekend for TheMittani.com

Edited by scree

Pretty good game so far, although I should be pulling a lot better frames. Not sure if it's optimization on their end, or the drivers.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I heartily recommend this game. It's Skyrim with a challenging and engrossing combat system. And, well, you're basically a R-rated ghostbuster.

I didn't play the previous Witcher games and am still thoroughly enjoying the story - it's accessible enough and very well written.

Well, you missed a very good deal, witcher 1 + 2 for 3 dollars

Projekt Red reminds me of what Valve used to be.  A company that is sure of itself, instead of a company more interested in screwing around with silly ideas while living off the money they generate from their online store service.

Witcher 3 is a fantastic ground braking game; even the collectors edition is back braking, lol.

Also the game received an R rating in Australia, lol.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I personally have enjoyed it, even though I've just pretty much started the game.  I think I'm a whopping level 6, and have put maybe 30 hours total into it.  I'm a completionist, so try and do every side quest possible and visit/finish every ? possible.

I am currently in the middle of Velen.  Gwent is actually really fun when you get the hang of it.

There are quite a bit of things that are not exactly politically correct by any means, and stuff I would not expect to see in a video game.

A husband beating his wife causing a miscarriage, digging up the dead body, etc.  All of the profanity and sexuality.

Just things I'm not used to in a video game.  I had to show my wife in the very beginning when one of the first cut scenes is some chick half naked reading a book, that I infact was playing a game, and not watching some "inappropriate content" in front of our newborn.

A few gripes so far...

1)  The movement on the PS4 seems very shaky, and I have a hard time orienting my guy sometimes.  When trying to pick up an item I'll often have to back up off the item and then refocus on it.  I've tried adjusting the sensitivity settings to no avail.  I've never had this problem with a video game before, so assume it just has to do with this game.

2)  The game has crashed a few times.  Namely when playing Gwent and attempting to "Pass".  It's crashed about 3 times doing this on me now.

3)  I would love if when you complete a ? objective if it somehow let you know you finished all of the content there.  I loved the way Assassin's Creed turned it from white to gold.  I often find myself meticulously searching an objective area over and over just to make sure I didn't miss a random loot chest or something.

4)  Crafting!  There are so many materials.  So many so many so many.  I have a tough time knowing when I might need an item later on, and what to keep/not keep.  Should I dismantle this item?  Will I need it later?  Etc, Etc.

As a whole though.  The game is pretty great.  The few gripes mentioned above are pretty minor, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

[@--(o.O)@]

Im too afraid to read the comments in this topic in case of spoilers :/

Can someone give me spoiler proof and if you guys are going to talk about such stuff please give a warning.

Im too afraid to read the comments in this topic in case of spoilers :/

Can someone give me spoiler proof and if you guys are going to talk about such stuff please give a warning.

No spoilers.  I put mine inside of spoiler marks.  You're safe to read it all.

[@--(o.O)@]

Love the game so far. As above the story telling is top notch. I thought BioWare was the best at story but pretty sure CD PROJEKT RED just took them over in that regard.

Only issue I have is a graphics glitch with Geraults hair. In certain cut scenes and when on a certain spot of the screen it changes from white to green to yellow. Updated my drivers for my AMD R9 card and checked online and see others with the same issue but no fix as of yet. have to wait for a patch I guess.

Edited by pang