Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forts Added to Store + Sale On All Fortifications

primal

iRhVhJz.png

Just seeing if anyone else has caught this yet, I just saw it this morning. Looks like forts were added and the prices over all were reduced. Maybe they weren't selling before for the previous price point, so they decided to lower it?

What are your thoughts on the new prices?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

They're also much more descriptive with courtyards, tower counts/type, and also it's own special building associated with each.

Small Fort- boasts a wooden palisade, two small sentry towers and a comfortable HUNTER'S LODGE for meals and lodging.

Medium Fort- boasts a tall wooden palisade, two archer's towers and a sizeable MASTER'S LODGE for staging hunting parties.

Large Fort- boasts a reinforced palisade, two capped archer's towers and an impressive GREAT LODGE for entertaining nobles and large hunting parties.

Small Keep- boasts an inner baily surrounded by four stout walls (a bastion at each corner!), a large inner courtyard and a GREAT HALL for dining and revelry!

Medium Keep- include two separate courtyards, six towers, and an impressive NOBLE'S HALL for receiving visiting dignitaries.

Large Keep- offers the best in both comfort and protection with three large courtyards, eight stout towers and a majestic THRONE ROOM inside the inner keep!

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

For anyone with a stronghold already in his backer bundle, I don't think it makes sense to spend on additional strongholds before we know 1) how much incremental benefit there is for better/more strongholds, and 2) what kind of resource cost there is relative to expected campaign export levels in order to build them in-game instead of buying.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I feel bad for everyone who purchased keeps a few weeks early and had to spend much more money. (the price for large keep went down by $40)

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I'm holding off on buying ingame items from the store until they're something that does not parallel what was is in the KS and regular packages. 

I am glad they dropped the prices though as I think they started a bit high. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

It looks like these are the same prices they posted on May 15 when the fort concept art was released.  I'm comparing with the notes I made that day:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6826-fortification-concepts-released-official-discussion-thread/?p=179157

Yeah but before fort was released on the web store. Keeps used to cost much more. I think this is what people were getting at.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Prices are down on the Keeps from $75,$90 & $115. The Forts are half the price I originally guessed at, which will make Estates very inexpensive. Artcraft also mentioned that at the moment there are only a single size of Citadel and Palace. Overall the prices are much more reasonable, which makes it less attractive to upgrade packages. So why the "sale" now I wonder? It still doesn't make a lot of sense to invest too much until we see what the availability of resources are to build out these Strongholds, But, if these prices are temporary it will make it tempting to add to your Eternal Kingdom before the prices go up.

Are the keeps and such from the store tax free like our KS rewards?

I believe that there is upkeep on Strongholds even if they come in the Kickstarter packages. The tax-free parcels are Resource parcels used to support Strongholds. details on Resource parcels haven't been released but they will increase occupancy and may offset taxes on adjacent Stronghold parcels. 

Are the keeps and such from the store tax free like our KS rewards?

Only designated parcels are tax-free. They have mentioned upkeep being on all buildings.

Only designated parcels are tax-free. They have mentioned upkeep being on all buildings.

Well that is a change, I will have to go through my kick starter questions.  I asked numerous questions pertaining to this issue. 

The lastest info on the tax system is:

* The tax-free bundle parcels are resource parcels.

* Resource parcels cannot be built on but are taxable (except for the tax-free ones.)

* Stronghold parcels can be built on but are not directly taxable.

* The buildings placed on stronghold parcels are taxable.

* Adjacent resource parcels can modify the tax rate of the buildings on a stronghold parcel.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully