Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Archetype update: The Centaur - Official discussion thread

Centaurs to get Centauri haircuts IMO.

18dyxzbug6rfdjpg.jpg

Edit to add some real content: There was an all-Centaur guild on Mourning that was a lot of fun to play against. I'm strongly considering rolling one this time around, although I'm still very curious about the increased warmth requirement and how that will play into campaign balance.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I really hate you guys right now.  I already want to play my Guinea Pig and Murder Deer...now I'm leaning towards the Centaurs as well.  I don't want too many alts in this game. 

You really need to cut back on that quality.

x-all-the-things-meme-generator-i-want-a

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

ARCHETYPE UPDATE: THE CENTAUR

Why Centaurs?

Centaurs are kind of a hallmark for me, actually. I've included Centaurs somewhere in every game that I've ever done. Generally, I have a fascination with "half-breeds", man/animal hybrids, like Centaurs, Minotaurs, Birdmen, Deermen... Of them, Centaurs are probably my favorite.

Aracoix confirmed? ;D

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Love it! This really helps solidify some personality traits I was considering for my own Centaur lady. Centaur are better than you!

In that last armor, I really hope he finds someone to undo it before he has to use the bathroom. Otherwise it could get... messy. (Unless the strap thing in the back goes around each leg instead of all around the back). I am probably over-thinking this.

Styling looks great though! I can definitely imagine lots of centaurs talking about how cool their empires were and how they have to hang out with this uncivilized lot.

I really hate you guys right now.  I already want to play my Guinea Pig and Murder Deer...now I'm leaning towards the Centaurs as well.  I don't want too many alts in this game. 

<pic snip>

I know the feeling on the alts. I already want sooo many! Guinea Pig guy is a close second on my list, but I definitely plan on making a Centaur my main. Here's to hoping I don't completely suck at their playstyle! I must do well for the Empire! :D

Most advanced race, yet have to have help brushing their tail.  Just saying....

Now that you mentioned it, what if centaurs had tail plates to protect their tails? I've never seen a tail plate before though but when you mentioned tail, I all of a sudden had the urge to see one.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Seems cool from a design standpoint, the roman vibe has always been a safe bet to representing a notion of empires.

I just wonder how they will move and fit into buildings since they're the equivalent of horse and a person crouching on the horse in one space.

I do like the idea of injecting lore into certain campaign worlds as that'll indoubtly introduce some thematic element, such as the centaur empire ruins that are temporarily rebuilt, sounds awesome really.

I was never much of a centaur fan though, I find them a bit disconcerting a la body horror. Most people don't really consider this, but centaurs have 2 ribcages, so like...that's two hearts and 4 lungs...so yeah. -shudder-

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Did any of the Imperial worlds survive?  Will players be able to visit one?

Given time and budget -- absolutely. I would love to explore the architecture of the empire. And from a player standpoint, it would be incredibly cool to explore a haunted imperial world, to repair and defend the ruins of a Centaur city... and, of course, to fight off an undead army of Hunger-infested Centaur legionnaires.

.. nice.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

How do you like the look of our Centaur? Is this an archetype you’d like to play?

I had previously ruled out playing a centaur, but... that armor!

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Gonna go play Rome 2: Total War.

PcRj7IJ.jpg

You're better off playing Rome Total War 1, that is still miles better than RTW2. If you want the realism, just go for Europa Barborum mod for RTW1 if you want to bask in the legionnaire feel.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I'd say they have a Roman legion air about them... 6_u

Seriously though... I don't wonder how they go to the bathroom in their armor, but I DO wonder about lastgirl's comments; how do they enter buildings? Which heart do you stab them in to kill them? Etc.

But still... Centaurs!

They should get a bonus to ranged accuracy while moving. The world's greatest "mounted" cavalry! 8D

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Most advanced race, yet have to have help brushing their tail.  Just saying....

That's what your squire is for.

The back story is certainly different...I like it! He definitely looks the part.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Its as if every bittervet from every PvP game ever was personified in an overly ornate archetype that costs more to maintain than everyone else, and spend all of its off field time talking about how much it would have owned if not for the patch that destroyed its way of life.

That's perfect actually. Love it.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

One of the most facinating features of this game. I just hope we get real Centaurs and not some apology to other races since they aren't built into a steed...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P