Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Archetype update: The Centaur - Official discussion thread

One of the most facinating features of this game. I just hope we get real Centaurs and not some apology to other races since they aren't built into a steed...

I would be curious to hear you expound upon this some more.  My opinions differ apparently.

Already hinted at the Legionnaire archetype reveal, and confirmed at the Legionnaire archetype update, inter-World travel is a thing?

Damn, I am getting a heavy feel of Allods from this (Shame that these world's are most likely spheres, and not space platforms like in Allods), I originally thought mortals were chained to one World, but now that I think about it, it makes sense for there to be inter-World travel (Otherwise, how would we have so many previously civilized Campaign Worlds).

Centaurs certainly do sound like one of the most interesting archetypes.  May I suggest you give us an update on the Elken Stalker next?  What is inside the mind of a silent murder deer?  I want to hear more about the boogie man.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I like how their story ended up.

Might play as a Centaur at some point, though I have other ideas for my main... there are just too many great archetypes :)

Edited by Krethys

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

inter-World travel is a thing?

We know that the Crowfall universe has numerous worlds: each EK and campaign is its own world. I didn't read this update as considering multi-world campaigns but rather specific Empire-themed campaign worlds with a different esthetic from the Generic Medieval Europe esthetic that we'll be starting with.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

As a fan of Roman history, the armor is wonderful in my opinion.

Anyone know where the heart is in a Centaur?  In the upper chest or lower chest (between the front legs).  I need to know where to aim my arrows ;)  On a serious note, though, the first level of armor implies the Centaur's heart is in the upper chest, unless this archetype has two hearts.  But I digressed into anatomy.  Sorry.

Love the art!  Love the empirical back-story, too!

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

As we reveal the armor concepts for the Centaur, Todd Coleman explains the inspiration behind it

FULL STORY

Anything on a female centaur concept yet?

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Anyone know where the heart is in a Centaur?  In the upper chest or lower chest (between the front legs).

I think that's going to be an ACE decision.  I'm finding most references using between the front legs as the location but there are a few placing it in behind the sternum in the upper body. 

anatomica_centauris_by_jackrover-d5i5jov

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Yea, see... two hearts, two rib cages...

Is the human part of the centaur like a vestigial appendage? A tumor or growth perhaps?~

Two hearts means 8 valves and a poorly made socksload of circulatory systems, wouldn't it delay the oxygen transport to the brain? Also centaurs would require a lot of blood to facilitate the vessels.

Does this mean in PvP when we kill a centaur scrub, will he gush a fountain of blood because he literally has two heart pumping that volume of blood out of the cleaved veins~ Please say yes :3

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I believe, given the upright torso of the Centaur, the heart is singular and located in the lower chest region: 

wohoo.gif

***** Oridi's image is much lovelier than mine :) *****

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Anything on a female centaur concept yet?

Haven't started working on it yet.  We've been pushing on things that are blocking other areas of production; we need to lock down environment scale for characters, buildings and parcels (for both CW and EK, same assets) to free up Jon so he can build the environments for the combat deliverable, and we need to flesh out some of the armor and customization options to keep the 3D character pipeline moving forward.

We won't forget about them, promise!

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]