skytea

Albion Online

Posted (edited)

albion online launches on july 17th for legendary founder packs/18th for epic packs/19th for veteran packs

Edited by jakeman

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

This game isn't going to be very memorable imo.

hopefully it will be fun for a little while got nothing else to play :(

If anyone is looking for a home for at least a few months for AO release next month send me a PM.

The headstart launch for a grindbased game seems like it will contribute to this game fizzling out pretty quickly.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

The headstart launch for a grindbased game seems like it will contribute to this game fizzling out pretty quickly.

That's funny cause I find the current state of the grind in crowfall to be even worse. Partly because of the harvesting speed and the barriers associated with it, and partly due to the RNG failure nature of crafting (something that I haven't encountered yet in albion). Not saying albion is a better game, far from it actually, I just found it amusing that your comment is treading in "pot calling the kettle black" territory.

Edited by Helix

1 hour ago, Helix said:

That's funny cause I find the current state of the grind in crowfall to be even worse. Partly because of the harvesting speed and the barriers associated with it, and partly due to the RNG failure nature of crafting (something that I haven't encountered yet in albion). Not saying albion is a better game, far from it actually, I just found it amusing that your comment is treading in "pot calling the kettle black" territory.

Yea well I guess you may not see how these types of things flesh out because the games are a lot different.

I like Albion in premise, but without playing with a guild of people, I would say don't bother.  The game is anything but solo friendly.  The combat itself is monotonous and simplistic, but the fun comes into play with PvP/GvG engagements.  As a comparison, the combat is less complicated than LoL, though similar in nature.

Albion has always felt like it lacked sincerity as a real game.  Built for tablets, clear grind and p2w elements, significant headstart advantages, it never felt like they were building a project that they expected years of longevity from.

Their gamble at launch of sponsoring (paying) a bunch of big streamers to stream their game was a double-edged sword imo.  Sure it naturally got some people to buy the game after gaining more visibility on twitch's front page.  But the quick die off never makes consumers feel great.  Similar to what happened with conan exiles, while I am sure some people still play that game too, it had a lot of hype at launch and went back into the dark after a few days. 

ACE has stated a desire for more slow and steady growth instead of just a big hype wave at launch followed by a mass exodus. 

Hopefully ACE carefully observes the public perception involved in marketing through twitch.  If the game can attract big streamers at launch on its own merits then they are more likely to make the game look good.  But if you pay and sponsor them to stream and your product doesn't hold up it is extremely bad marketing for the game and can hurt it tremendously.