Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skytea

Albion Online

First off im very excited about Crowfall because it doesn't look like another casual trash themepark MMO which a lot of people here absolutely despise.  But I'm suprised a lot of people here do not know about Albion Online.

For those of you who don't know, Albion Online is a full-loot hardcore sandbox MMORPG planning on a free to play release later this year. It is currently in alpha testing, with an alpha test starting January 26th. I am planning to play Crowfall beta during the downtime of Albion Online but I just want to expose this game here because a lot of people here share the same gaming taste and will love this game.

Here are some of the game's features that I copy pasta'd from their website: (website link is here  https://albiononline.com/?ref=RK7L7XGKG4)

Full Player-Driven Economy – All items and buildings in Albion Online are crafted by and bartered between players. Craft the best items and decide which price to sell them to other players at. No global marketplace means savvy players can make an industry of transporting goods to different markets around the world.

Expanded PvP System – Take part in massive open PvP battles and fight for the fame and honor of your guild. Don’t want to tie yourself down to anyone? Then why not become a feared, volatile mercenary, riding out into battle for others – for the right price.

Classless Character Customization – Be exactly who you want to be. With no class-restricted abilities or items, you are what you wear in Albion Online. Craft any number of combinations of spells onto your gear, then mix and match to create your perfect character with hundreds of different combinations possible. Want to be a healing wizard with tank-like armor and a mace in your main hand? It makes sense! Every combination will have its strengths and weaknesses, so experiment and find your true self!

Territory-based Guild Warfare – Find a loyal band of brothers and sisters and claim your patch of Albion – build your cities and camps out of over 50 different kinds of buildings and customizable skins, then wage war on your neighbors to oust them from their homes and expand your very own empire.

Cross Platform & One Massive World – The first true cross-platform MMO experience. Had enough of being glued to your PC when you game? Grab your iOS or Android tablet and pick up right where you left off, experiencing all the action from your sofa. In Albion Online, all players on every device play on one master server, in one massive world. The only question is – how will you play?

My story about Albion Online. Played during previous alpha with my clan, dominated PvP and there were a challenge and prizes for those whos clan would be ranked 1 in PvP. We were on the top before the last day of alpha and one clan found 1 bug, you could kill you alt geared in r5 gear and gain PvP rep each time they killed him. So we reported that and the answer was something like "We wont ban or fix this thing and it is not against game mechanics so live with it"

@Bassa I believe the reason for that is because killing your own alt in T5 gear causes decay/item loss. You're essentially getting Fame for the destruction of materials. Spending your materials in this way isnt very effective though since you're throwing things away just for Fame and it tracks a small history of kills so its not like people wouldnt know.

@Bassa I believe the reason for that is because killing your own alt in T5 gear causes decay/item loss. You're essentially getting Fame for the destruction of materials. Spending your materials in this way isnt very effective though since you're throwing things away just for Fame and it tracks a small history of kills so its not like people wouldnt know.

Yeap, I figured out that the rep gain - item q and it doesnt matter if it is a real fight or not. I had like 25 crates of gear but abussing your own chars to win "PvP" and it was mentioned "PVP" contest is against the rules. Isnt it?

Hey,  I just read about this game over on www.mmorpg.com

Agreed, it looks quite interesting.  One thing that struck me, was that the graphics and some of the core concepts seem similar to Crowfall.  Don't you agree?     

I like how they intend to handle the "zerging" issue, by having AoE skills hit harder the more people that are hit...  cool idea.

Also, the way that sieges (for territory control) will only be 5v5...  another interesting way to level the field for smaller guilds to be competitive.

Crowfall is my #1, but I'd say Albion Online is worth checking out.

and PS: 100%  agree.  Guild Wars2  is absolutely NOT Pay2Win.   Cash shop is all cosmetic and convenience items.  Buying gold with real money, so what(!?)  the highest level gear (in terms of power) is easily obtained by a variety of different means (WvW, Spvp, PvE, dynamic events, etc..).    "Haters gonna hate..."

Everyone complaining about Albion Online being pay to win or complaining it's only a 5vs5 game clearly hasn't played it.

You can't purchase items from the auction with gold. Territory fights are 5vs5, city fights are 20vs20 and open world has no limitation.

If you're an Ultima Online fan, like to gather and craft or like isometric view PvP then I suggest you try it.

It's a fun game and will only get better (it's in Alpha). Lot's of potential.

Edited by kip

Everyone complaining about Albion Online being pay to win or complaining it's only a 5vs5 game clearly hasn't played it.

You can't purchase items from the auction with gold. Territory fights are 5vs5, city fights are 20vs20 and open world has no limitation.

If you're an Ultima Online fan, like to gather and craft or like isometric view PvP then I suggest you try it.

It's a fun game and will only get better (it's in Alpha). Lot's of potential.

P2W is not a matter.

The reason Albion is bad are:

- Stupid progression... Craft T1 -T Over 10000 means the resources of T1 - T Over 10000-1 would be useless. 

- Higher Tiers gives you just a fixed amount of dmg increase and now new skills and spells.

- PvP is terrible and I mean it is terrible... Even if you are the way better than your opponent but if they are 3 or sometimes 2 it is almost not possible to kill em when you geared at ~same armor/weapon tier.

- Most of the fights I got were like Run Away or Chase them

- 5 v 5 sieges? Huh

- Not possible to siege if you dont have a village in that region

- Not possible to enter enemies village

Conclusion.

Just another game to earn money especially on IOS, Android users.

I thought Albion online was extremely low skill ceiling with rigid and uninspired combat. It was also grindy as custard and boring. UO had little intricate mechanics which allowed good players to stand out from the rest; no such things exist in Albion.

Edited by Helix

I thought Albion online was extremely low skill ceiling with rigid and uninspired combat. It was also grindy as custard and boring. UO had little intricate mechanics which allowed good players to stand out from the rest; no such things exist in Albion.

Despite that combat system it has pointless loot drop, boring PvE, and sieges for nothing, just to have a fight and by sieging someone you dont ensure the probability to have a fight

The only thing keeping my away from Albion is the F2P when released and the fact that runs on Android/iOS tablets.

A F2P sandbox game means that you can do whatever you want and, if you get banned or anything else, just create a new account. B2P FTW.

Also, being able to run on tablets is SO STUPID and unnecessary, pointless really. Who would play the game on a tablet when someone on a PC has such a clear advantage. - "Oh, but now you can play at work, while taking a dump and cooking!" Seriously? F*ck whoever came up with that idea.

Also the portals between maps... very sad and old.

I'm looking for a new Ultima Online/RuneScape and I thought Albion could be it... but it won't. Really high hopes for Crowfall.

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

The only thing keeping my away from Albion is the F2P when released and the fact that runs on Android/iOS tablets.

A F2P sandbox game means that you can do whatever you want and, if you get banned or anything else, just create a new account. B2P FTW.

Also, being able to run on tablets is SO STUPID and unnecessary, pointless really. Who would play the game on a tablet when someone on a PC has such a clear advantage. - "Oh, but now you can play at work, while taking a dump and cooking!" Seriously? F*ck whoever came up with that idea.

Also the portals between maps... very sad and old.

I'm looking for a new Ultima Online/RuneScape and I thought Albion could be it... but it won't. Really high hopes for Crowfall.

Shards Online could be new UO

Shards Online could be new UO

Not bad, actually. But I don't think I can live with graphics as ugly as those... I'm positive a 2006ish computer could run that game.

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

Not bad, actually. But I don't think I can live with graphics as ugly as those... I'm positive a 2006ish computer could run that game.

The least I do care is graphics. Game is the only important thing. Black Desert has good graphics but it is another korean game still

GW2 and ESO with good graphics but damn, it MMORPG parody

Edited by bassa