Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Albion Online

skytea

What does that even mean.  I don't want to play with a guild or people because 99 times out of a 100 they are filled with idiots.

Just saying, I'm more interested in solo play that doesn't require me to be at the mercy of someone else's company.

Don't let anyone tell you Albion call be played solo. You absolutely need the resources of a guild.

I took a look at Albion Online which seemed like a good game..then I looked at the forums.... It seems like a cess pool of Nerd-Rage,self glorifying, teens that circle jerk around different people daily. No thank you. Maybe I'm just used to the civilized banter on this forum.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I may give it a try just to kill some time. Looks pretty interesting, though most of the posts here are pretty down on it. Still, it looks like it has promise. Kind of a mix between a MOBA and an MMO from the brief look I had. Certainly full loot games require you to either run from most fights or stay as a pack, but that's the nature of it. If you think people will play solo in the dregs or otherwise full loot campaign on Crowfall you're crazy. You'd be nuts to go out and risk your stuff without bringing a friend or two. 

Bought it today so UK player looking for people to chill with would be cool if could meet up with some CF monsters

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

I've been participating in the Albion test for a week now.  Initially I was interested in the game but that interest has dropped off considerably as the weekend approached.

I like the idea of their Destiny Board and you are free to wear/level up all types of gear, in theory.

I do not like that in order to craft materials/gear you must combine the previous tier with your current tier (you have to combine tier 2 copper with tier 3 tin to make tier 3 bronze).

I also did not like that constructing and maintaining buildings always required tier 1 wood/stone even if the building was up into tier 4/5.  Always having to go back and get those tier 1 materials is tedious.

I'm hoping that Crowfall's proposed methods of metal alloys works better than this.

I also wasn't a fan of the combat system.  Sandbox had to make it fairly simple so it would work on tablets.  I'll give the game a few more tries over the coming weeks to see if I change my opinion.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

• 2 weeks later...

The game is currently a massive grind fest if you want to craft, but other than that it isn't half bad. Gatherers will make a ton of cash off of people who want to craft, and I mean a ton.

Silly to see second tier resources selling for more than upper tier resources just because the demand to not go and grind them out exists.

that because were farming them and selling them to the lowbes man

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

I don't think the game was balanced around the natural economic settlement.  Guilds have the ability to shoot right passed the roadblocks as they split up their dedicated refiners and crafters.  For the average solo/small scale player, you hit these pay blocks that increase by a factor of 10 on the market.

Combine that with running out of LP because you are trying to be both a crafter and a player it makes the game come to a grinding halt in terms of fun, for me at least.

I have the ability to play in a large guild, but I chose to play as a solo player this alpha and to behonest I don't see myself playing the game in either capacity unless the balance changes and combat is revamped.

Edited by facerip

I've been participating in the Albion test for a week now.  Initially I was interested in the game but that interest has dropped off considerably as the weekend approached.

I like the idea of their Destiny Board and you are free to wear/level up all types of gear, in theory.

I do not like that in order to craft materials/gear you must combine the previous tier with your current tier (you have to combine tier 2 copper with tier 3 tin to make tier 3 bronze).

I also did not like that constructing and maintaining buildings always required tier 1 wood/stone even if the building was up into tier 4/5.  Always having to go back and get those tier 1 materials is tedious.

I'm hoping that Crowfall's proposed methods of metal alloys works better than this.

I also wasn't a fan of the combat system.  Sandbox had to make it fairly simple so it would work on tablets.  I'll give the game a few more tries over the coming weeks to see if I change my opinion.

I assume the point is that T4/5 players would rather buy T1 wood/stone rather than farm it, so they do that. It's good for interdependence between higher and lower level players. If I'm slumming in T2 for a while, it's nice I can at least sell a lot of junk with no risk. I believe it's intended. 

As I understand it, there are two types of currency in the game.  Silver, which can be earned through standard gameplay mechanics.  And Gold, which is purchased with real money transactions.  And that is how a F2P game becomes pay to win.

Pretty much this, I looked into it, but there's too many warning signs for me to go further. At a weird place with MMO's right now, CF is honestly the only one that looks any good coming down the pike, if AO was B2P I would probably be backing it.

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.

I have been playing it for close to three weeks now (minus about 6 days for vaction) and I am pleasantly surprised about the mechanics of the game.

Gathering and Crafting make sense, and they are integrate well across the tiers.

If you play like you're in a race, as many unfortunately do, than still to one weapon / armor build and grind away at it.

The game isn't designed for you to do just one thing, but you can if you wish to. I personally believe you should be able to gather materials, and craft your own gear up to tier IV (at a minimum) and perhaps tier V, if you intend to do a to of PvP.

You can solo the game up to tier V, in relative safety, if you have access to a player settlement that is right next to a safe zone. But, if you have to travel through three or more FFA zones, just to get to your settlement, you're screwed.

That brings me to the biggest problem with the game. If you are not in a guild that has a handful of players in game, minute one, and don't get to the settlement locations with enough silver to start one, you will likely suffer that disadvantage for a long, long time. Or until your settlement gets sacked or your members leave and join a better positioned guild.

The seem to be quite a few parallels between Albion and Crowfall, Btw. It remains to be seen how different they play.

so far I have enjoyed the combat sorta UO-ish and actually fun

the crafting system..needs some work its way too tedious

the wep/armor sys is fine but could use a lil reorg and streamlining.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg