Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello

Very warily, i tread into these lands.

I have been burned pretty heavily on kickstarter games and mmo launches recently (i'm looking at you archeage ._.) and so, after several weeks of reading and my friend convincing me I decided to join in with Crowfall.

That said, I invested a lot less than i used to on these kind of things. I'm really worried about it not living up to the dream, about European servers being left unloved, region locks and all that kind of stuff. Most of my friends are in the US and Wildstar for example left it up to the very last moment to declare their region locking on purchasing (which in turn resulted in my whole group of friends getting a refund on pre-orders) 

Anyhow.

I'm a former indie game journalist, I have also worked in the industry as a writer, game designer and in public relations so I have some insight into the development cycle. 

I look forwards to seeing how it works out in Alpha and hopefully, maybe, this time this will be the game that delivers all of its promised content.

Plenty of stupid questions to ask now but here is probably not the best place to do them!

- Fox.  

Welcome to the forums. Quite a few posters (myself included) have paid into this or that Kickstarter in the last few years, only to have that hope for the "finally it's here" kind of game summarily dashed for one reason or another.  Here's to hoping Crowfall lives up to all our expectations, as long as those expectations don't become too unrealistic in the interim. 

Welcome!  I actually have passed on every Kickstarter/early backer offered game until CF came along.  This is the first time I've actually been willing to put money down on someone else's dream.

What is it about Crowfall that's pulled you in?

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Welcome to Crowfall, Fox! Like the others have said, hopefully Crowfall will live up to it's dream, and hopefully you'll be satisfied with it. In the end it ought to at least be an interesting attempt at an MMO.

If you're worried about region locking, you might want to ask the devs about it. Last time I heard, they don't plan on doing any kind of region locking, don't quote me on that.

Welcome Fox!

I'm sure a lot of us, myself included, are right there with you in hoping this game lives up it its potential.  How did your friend manage to convince you to give Crowfall a try, even after all the times you've been let down?

71431_original.jpg

Hello Fox

I can share your trepidation about investing your cash in a game only to be let down. So far I like what I have been seeing with the folks running the show and have a good feeling this will fly. If not......it's cash and I would have wasted it someplace else. Better here than on some more junk to stuff in my house.

Looking forward to meeting people in game.

Cheers

Jebs

It’s a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to. - Bilbo

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

The interesting parts for me are the death of a world, the actual pvp-focus and the destructible landscape. I quite like the idea of a changing world that has consequences and the situation can grow more and more dire as it progresses. 

It sounds like campaigns could be a lot of fun, then building my own little side kingdom in the eternal kingdoms could be great. 

I was convinced by my friend after he showed me a lot of dev posts about crafting, economy and destructable world. At the end of the day, i just want a home to explore in and make friends and such. 

The potential for endless exploration and adventure with the worlds destroying and more being created is what ultimately draws me here. I really do want to get into a group (if i like the combat/game itself) and be a part of that.

Though, i also had the crazy idea of forming a guild who make it their lifes work to simply find the northern area of each world and create a giant wall to protect for the entirety of each campaign :P

Yeah after ArcheAge I swore to never back a pre-launch game again. But then came Crowfall... Like said above lots of AA refugees around here I think.

So welcome.