Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

Hi, brand new here, but very excited to learn! I currently play GW2 and almost exclusively the WvW part, so this kind of seems like that on steroids... though hopefully fixing some of the problems with it, and obviously offering way, way more as well. Anyway, for now I'm kind of looking at Crowfall with that lens and trying to get my head around it. Looks like an amazing undertaking! 

Hi, brand new here, but very excited to learn! I currently play GW2 and almost exclusively the WvW part, so this kind of seems like that on steroids... though hopefully fixing some of the problems with it, and obviously offering way, way more as well. Anyway, for now I'm kind of looking at Crowfall with that lens and trying to get my head around it. Looks like an amazing undertaking!

Welcome!

Awesome! Thanks for backing

Welcome to crowfall and thanks for backing this amazing vision™

Hello I'm Nex and I go by a lot of different names in different MMOs. I've played a lot of MMOs over the years and today Crowfall caught my fancy, so I bought the $5 package for now and once I read more about the game I'm may buy the $60-100 package. I like what they are doing with the game so far from what I can see and can't wait to see more.

I am a backer and have poked around a little to gain information. Im looking forward to the game but still have questions on "voxels" if I am understanding the concept correctly everything can be destroyed. I don't understand how it applies really, I mean im entering combat with an individual and we both destroy the ground we are walking on. Do we fall to our deaths into space?

I guess I haven't gotten a good understanding of the limitations of the application of this technology. As I am reading it there are no limitations, this is what im having a hard time grasping.

Thanks

@thorgrum: the world will be more than one voxel deep. Also, you won't destroy terrain just by walking on it.

If you choose to dig, either as a Guinecean sapper or as another character with digging abilities, you'll dig a hole in the ground and potentially a tunnel just like a human being would in the real world.

Whether this has in-combat applications remains to be seen; I suspect most of the combat digging activity will be pre-battle terrain prep.

Does this answer your question? If not, can you clarify?

@thorgrum: the world will be more than one voxel deep. Also, you won't destroy terrain just by walking on it.

If you choose to dig, either as a Guinecean sapper or as another character with digging abilities, you'll dig a hole in the ground and potentially a tunnel just like a human being would in the real world.

Whether this has in-combat applications remains to be seen; I suspect most of the combat digging activity will be pre-battle terrain prep.

That answers the question, thanks.

Been on the forums a couple of months but I decided to become a backer just recently so I'm new in that regard :)

I'm an old mmo player (WoW and EVE mostly) but I'm kinda burned out on those. It looks like Crowfall will bring something new to the table and it's going to be very interesting to follow it's development and be part of the community.

See you around! I'm usually lurking the irc channel on Quakenet.

Edited by Caldicot

Hey everyone!

I'm usually not a big forums participator, but I think I am going to be more active here because I'm itching for the games release.

Any clue as to when there will be a little more solid details released on Archetypes?

I'm a nerd and would love some solid data to start theorycrafting with.

Also, the support classes... please tell me they'll be useless for damage, but gnarly on the buffs?

No devs have the sack to man up and say "Listen... your class is going to suck at damage... forever. DEAL WITH IT."

I want this. I need this. PLEASE GIVE THIS.

A lot of MMO's are trying to make all classes the same and it drives me flippin' bonkers!

Let's make this game different.

Let's make it hardcore.

Let the criers cry!

CROWFALL! HOORAH!

/endfanboyism

Hey everyone!

I'm usually not a big forums participator, but I think I am going to be more active here because I'm itching for the games release.

Any clue as to when there will be a little more solid details released on Archetypes?

I'm a nerd and would love some solid data to start theorycrafting with.

Also, the support classes... please tell me they'll be useless for damage, but gnarly on the buffs?

No devs have the sack to man up and say "Listen... your class is going to suck at damage... forever. DEAL WITH IT."

I want this. I need this. PLEASE GIVE THIS.

A lot of MMO's are trying to make all classes the same and it drives me flippin' bonkers!

Let's make this game different.

Let's make it hardcore.

Let the criers cry!

CROWFALL! HOORAH!

/endfanboyism

Hello there Mufter welcome to crowfall forum again, about archetypes click here

for other resources click here

I do hope this did help you to find your answers, cheers!

Edited by Mox

Hello there Mufter welcome to crowfall forum again, about archetypes click here

for other resources click here

I do hope this did help you to find your answers, cheers!

I've actually seen all that stuff.

The Archetypes info is really just backstory right now.

I know the game isn't even out yet so it might be asking a lot.

I just wish I had more of an idea as to what gameplay will be like for the class.

I want to dive in and start thinking of scenarios.

I like hard-support, and glass cannons, and stealth.

Right now it's looking like I'm likely to go ranger.