Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

Let us know who you are and what you would like to know about Crowfall and folks here will help you out!

Hi im just registered and i got attracted by the mentioning "Next Gen MMO" which i want to be part of when it comes to giving feedback, whats not "Next Gen" and whats "Next Gen". It really brings anger and excitement when i hear "Next Gen", because most times i heard this ended up in dissapointment by playing the game afterwards it was mostly the same, all it was, was just new graphics, no new gameplay experience, no new ideas, all just copy & paste games.

Im 27 and i would like to know where Crowfall is going and if they are able to handle feedback, because i know there were so many great ideas from all the communities which mostly died becausen it didnt fit all the buisness model from the game companies which is sad because idea should not depend on money, espeically not when there is SO MUCH leftover money.

i would like to know where Crowfall is going and if they are able to handle feedback, because i know there were so many great ideas from all the communities which mostly died becausen it didnt fit all the buisness model from the game companies which is sad because idea should not depend on money, espeically not when there is SO MUCH leftover money.

If you want to know where Crowfall is going, your first stop should be the FAQ, followed by the other resources in this sticky thread.

The ACE team is definitely open to feedback up to a point. They have some very clear ideas about what kind of game they want Crowfall to be, and they're not interested in feedback that they should make a different kind of game. However, if you understand their design goals and philosophy and want to offer suggestions that fit within that framework, they're very willing to hear your ideas.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Hi im just registered and i got attracted by the mentioning "Next Gen MMO" which i want to be part of when it comes to giving feedback, whats not "Next Gen" and whats "Next Gen". It really brings anger and excitement when i hear "Next Gen", because most times i heard this ended up in dissapointment by playing the game afterwards it was mostly the same, all it was, was just new graphics, no new gameplay experience, no new ideas, all just copy & paste games.

Hi Blark! For me, the things that characterize the most Crowfall as a next generation game are :

• Worlds made of Voxels : the environment is destructible
  • Ephemeral vs. persistent worlds : Campaign worlds are temporary and to be destroyed but the character progression and Eternal Kingdoms last forever
  • Throne war simulator : Mix of strategy and action MMORPG with a strong focus on Politics, Economy and Military
  • System vs. content : less PvE content but high focus on PvP and large amount of systems that allow emergent gameplay
  • Player driven economy : all the gears and items are crafted by the players
  • Virtual reality : Support for Oculus Rift + HTC Vive Support
  • Real world Physics : Inertia, momentum, gravity, drag, collision and other parameters will usually correspond to real world physics
  • Friendly fire in certain campaigns
  • Player owned and managed worlds : every player obtains a unique Kingdom where he can sets his own rules
  • Procedural maps : every maps are generated using algorithmic placement of tiles

There are probably many other things that make Crowfall very different from anything we've seen before. A couple of those elements are used by other games since a while, but the combination of all of them makes it really amazing imo.

Im 27 and i would like to know where Crowfall is going and if they are able to handle feedback, because i know there were so many great ideas from all the communities which mostly died becausen it didnt fit all the buisness model from the game companies which is sad because idea should not depend on money, espeically not when there is SO MUCH leftover money.

There's a thread created by ACE that explains their budget and how they plan to make the game with only about $6M. Once the game has launched and that they get some revenue from it, possibly that they will want to add new things to the "core" design and that some of the players' suggestions could be used as inspiration. The developers said that they were reading suggestions pretty often and that they appreciate all the feedback from the community.  :)

Hey guys, thank you for responding with so much information.

Yes i know about the great new stuff we didnt see in the new MMOs.

Im just getting dissapointed by the character movement.

The movement looks exactly/very similar to GuildWars 2 and Starwars MMO.

For PvP it is important that you have the free movement all around. I dont mean a sudden vanish somewhere or running. I just mean the WASD, Mouse holding right / left button like in World of Warcraft so that you can  watch behind you and keep walking or walking sideways without getting movement speed reduction.

I saw a preview of the Dwarf which moves like that and made me worry.

The allowance to watch anywhere with the camera by holding a mouse button without affecting the movement.

So hopefully i can put suggestion here. I also couldnt find a question like this beeing asked before.

The combat videos you're looking at are all from a much earlier version of the engine- those are a pre-Kickstarter tech demo, not necessarily anything like what we'll be playing in a few weeks. We know that there have been significant changes since then.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Hi, I am Shadoww and i heard about this game, and i looked into this game, and now i need the devs to "shut up and take my money"

New guy here, excited to follow development of the game.

Greetings, I go by the name Kentaro for MMOs and Epicbethyname for other generes such as MOBAS or FPS. I just learned about this game from my eldest brother who convinced me to layaway the $100 pledge once I return home from deployment. Which leads me to my next bit of information, I serve in the U.S. Army as an infantryman and currently deployed, however, I'm returning shortly and increasingly excited with each passing hour. 

I'm currently enrolled in online courses for information system security with a concentration in application security. I adore anime in fact, upon returning stateside I'll be finishing my Studio Ghibli tribute to Hayao Miyazaki tattoo sleeve. Furthermore, I'm a extreme gamer who has been playing for what feels like eons and have quite the rap sheet of games I've completed and MMOs I've played. 

Cheers.

Hello ShadowwBoi13, Dangeross, Kentaro and Blark welcome to crowfall forum, your first stop by is FAQ. cheers  ^_^

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Hi everyone!

With such success I couldn't resist not to buy my pledge!

I wish you all a short waiting for the game release!

See you soon at the end of summer!

hello Identity and welcome to crowfall  ^_^

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Hi, I've been on an MMO kick/rut lately and every single one thats out right now just seems the same in term of content, go here do this, fetch that, kill # of this, level till endgame find a group and try to do endgame content for better gear to do harder content. Pvp is generally the drawing point for me in most games, I love the rush of outplaying an opponent or getting trounced into the ground until I learn how to deal with the things that do the trouncing.

All my friends have been playing MMOs lately and I remembered why I love/hate the genre, but while purousing YouTube I saw video about Crowfall and its mechanics and it caught my attention in a bad way. I did a little reading up on it and came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a part of something this cool and interesting.

What I want to know is how much will gear quality affect combat, is this going to be a "sweet fancy moses RNGesus smiled on me and I have this baller new flaming axe that ruins people!" or is it going to be all evened out and entirely based on crafting tier/ time spent. Either way I have high hopes for this and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Crowfall is being designed with a very shallow power curve. The best gear in the world will give you an edge but not an insurmountable advantage.

Also, all gear is crafted, so RNGesus doesn't really come into it.

Tully

Hello hello,

I have made an account awhile ago, but recently became a member due to a pledge.  I have played wizards for awhile and when I heard that Todd working on Crowfall, I decided to check it out.  I can not wait for the new game.  I also love to meet new people and I am really new to this forum.  :)

Hi, I've been on an MMO kick/rut lately and every single one thats out right now just seems the same in term of content, go here do this, fetch that, kill # of this, level till endgame find a group and try to do endgame content for better gear to do harder content. Pvp is generally the drawing point for me in most games, I love the rush of outplaying an opponent or getting trounced into the ground until I learn how to deal with the things that do the trouncing.

I think that a lot of people here share this feeling ; Crowfall seems to be the PvP focused, no repetitive quests and grind MMO we were looking for. :)

Hello hello,

I have made an account awhile ago, but recently became a member due to a pledge.  I have played wizards for awhile and when I heard that Todd working on Crowfall, I decided to check it out.  I can not wait for the new game.  I also love to meet new people and I am really new to this forum.  :)

Todd's crowd seems to follow him everywhere! Shadowbane / W101 / P101 must have been some great games...  :P

Hello all,

Created an account a few days ago and it did not take long to get on board with the philosophy of the game.  I hope they can stay true to their original ideas - if so, i think this game will be a lot of fun to play!

Hello, people!  B)

Old gamer from Norway here. I've so far just lightly introduced myself to this game, but found it interesting enough to give it a go with a pledge. Now I have to read up on lore, game concepts and such. I have always been a keen theorycrafter and backstory reader, so I'm looking forward to indulge in all Crowfall related stuff.

Best regards.

- BabyCrow

This is not a signature.

Hello! I just wanted to say I saw this game and getting super excited! Considering going up a package, if I can stop buying Jeep parts!

Hello I'm Cque and I wanna know everything about the game, I just pledged so I am very hungry when it comes to information about the game and the community :D  

Hello all,

Created an account a few days ago and it did not take long to get on board with the philosophy of the game.  I hope they can stay true to their original ideas - if so, i think this game will be a lot of fun to play!

Hello, people!  B)

Old gamer from Norway here. I've so far just lightly introduced myself to this game, but found it interesting enough to give it a go with a pledge. Now I have to read up on lore, game concepts and such. I have always been a keen theorycrafter and backstory reader, so I'm looking forward to indulge in all Crowfall related stuff.

Best regards.

- BabyCrow

Welcome all, if ya need anything ask away...

Hi.  I'm a long-time gamer, started out with NWN on AOL ("Gold Box").  I've had a lot of fun with a lot of games since. 

Most recently LoL and GW2, though mostly GW2, as LoL gets repetitive to me and it lacks the social bonds I prefer to enjoy when playing with and against other people.  In GW2, I play WvW almost exclusively on a server and a guild that I like (as a "roamer" who likes to fight against way too many people).  Unfortunately, I feel that WvW consistently fails to live up to its potential.  I'm excited about a game where the entire premise is basically open-world PvP, and I like the underlying structure of finite matches, and the flexibility of multiple rule sets.

It seems like the game will also naturally provide extra substance/purpose for guilds and the other social aspects of the game, which is important.  Additionally, the potential for "organized" duels and PvP matches in EK's is also particularly intriguing to me, especially if the combat system turns out like I think it might, and if rivalries and a solid culture of fights emerge. 

I am excited to see this develop, and I'm glad to contribute what I can to help.

hi, i am a casual gamer and like to spend time inside worlds, just to explore and build

I'm mostly the dead guy in combat and pvp is for me lying on the ground waiting to get ressed. (or respawn blabla.)

Will this game be fun for me too? or will i be counting voxels all day long?

i'm also mostly playing solo (yeah i could play games like dragon age or pillars of eternity or wasteland 2) as i play with a much slower pace (i don't hurry to get into combat, but love to "oooh look, nice!" and such..) in most games i miss out the quests. You don't want to know how many times i went through dungeons or liars without the quest etc. "did you not ...<so something here>?" and then i would go back get the thing i need and do it all over preferrably solo, if possible) 

in Teso i dropped out because i couldn't get through the main adventure line. (yeah i know. bla bla but but) so i could not reach the game areas where my buddy was waiting.  so we established again that i am bad at pvp, button rotation sequences, building characters etc.)

so before i invest a few bucks i just wanted to know... :)

i've played eve online (since beta) until 2012, gw1, gw2, wildstar (few months), SWTOR (a few months), LOTRO (a few months), wow (4 hours), age of wushu, conan, ultima online, camelot, landmark, teso, elite dangerous , pathfinder online, GRAV, repopulation, shroud of the avatar and numerous others.

Currently im playing skyforge, it's just waiting  for a boss i can't get by solo (or help with tagging along).

now i could join a guild or equivalent, but that is not working out, i only end up doing things solo, unless i decide to help someone out, which i frequently do. they are most of the time lower levels and.....

ho wait :) get back to the question:

is it fun for a not pvp not hardcore player like i just described above?

banner_akimotos_crowfall_001_zpsrhbpnsgq

Serrated Guild | (banner: WIP) |  Free Lands of Azure