Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

Hello, newish person here.   I tried finding the answer to this elsewhere, but was unsuccessful.  

So I've contributed to the kickstarter, and was approved for access to some of the testing (don't recall the level, I'd have to double check), but I don't see how to download the game in order to participate?

I know that the tests are short duration, and for the rest of the time there isn't anything to play, and that's fine.  I just, don't see where/how to actually download the client so I can start playing when it's ready?  

Is the download gated behind the timeframe for the test?  Can I download it now so I at least have the game installed, and don't have to spend several hours of playtime downloading it?  

If someone could enlighten me it would be appreciated. 

*Edit*

I'm at the 2016 Contributor Bundle level of pledge, which does specify Beta 2 and beyond, so I get that I can't partake of the Alpha testing, but if I could get the downloader ahead of time that would be great.

Edited by FluorescentMonk42

Brother Silence: He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! 

*Edit*

I'm at the 2016 Contributor Bundle level of pledge, which does specify Beta 2 and beyond, so I get that I can't partake of the Alpha testing, but if I could get the downloader ahead of time that would be great.

The download is only available to active testers. 

Currently, pre-alpha, alpha 1 and alpha 2 testers are participating. The Siege Perilous test is scheduled to begin in March, and it will also include alpha 3 testers, so if you upgrade your pledge to the bronze package, you'll be able to test then. There's no word yet on when any groups beyond alpha 3 will get invited. 

https://backers.crowfall.com/#/client

When you click the "Check Entitlement" button it's going to tell you don't have access though.  You have to upgrade to a 2015/2016 Gold Bundle for Pre-Alpha access.

The download is only available to active testers. 

Currently, pre-alpha, alpha 1 and alpha 2 testers are participating. The Siege Perilous test is scheduled to begin in March, and it will also include alpha 3 testers, so if you upgrade your pledge to the bronze package, you'll be able to test then. There's no word yet on when any groups beyond alpha 3 will get invited. 

Yeah, I had a feeling there wouldn't be anything available, but thought I'd doublecheck.  I'm fine with waiting until the Beta stuff roles around, just didn't know if there was a client loader that was independent of the testing that could be installed.  Mainly just trying to save time so I could maximize playtesting later.  :D

Brother Silence: He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! 

Yeah, I had a feeling there wouldn't be anything available, but thought I'd doublecheck.  I'm fine with waiting until the Beta stuff roles around, just didn't know if there was a client loader that was independent of the testing that could be installed.  Mainly just trying to save time so I could maximize playtesting later.   :D

If you put down ~100$ you can test in February / March   :ph34r:

Edited by IamMe

I AM ME!
I love you all.

If you put down ~100$ you can test in February / March   :ph34r:

Heh, thanks for the info, but I'll pass for now.  I'm content with my contribution level at this time.

Hey, everyone!

I'm Lavering.

I've been semi-following the game for a while now and mostly lurking. Love the direction the game is going so I finally decided to join in and post on the forums.

Looking forward to playing with everyone!

Hello Lavering and welcome to crowfall :D

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Hello Lavering and welcome to crowfall :D

Thank you, Mox!

POsting is good, posting is life! Welcome to the forums.

EDIT: I also approve of your Star Wars signature.

Thanks, LGAllastair! Gotta love Star Wars.  :D

star-wars-banner.jpg

Hi , Shagia from Indonesia

Been waiting for this kind of game like 4ever

I hope there is no region restriction on this game

thank you

Hello Shagia and welcome to crowfall!

There will be no region restriction at all!

There might be a Singapore server where Indonesia will have less Ping at it :D ! over all you can play in USA or EU and hopefully they will expand to SEA in future self-publish!

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.