Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

Hey everyone, I'm totally new to the community here but I was aware of the development of Crowfall for a while now, I've watched a very good introduction video on YT so I understand fairly well the mechanics of the game. MMO games are one of my favorite genre with RTS and FPS so I have put a lot of faith in this one, I usually play Planetside 2 and played Ace Online and Flyff when I was younger but I hope my computer will be able to handle this one unlike the others. I'm more used to be a ranger or a AoE mage and I'm a casual gamer, even if I play only for the win and nothing else will matter. 

I've backed only 5$ but I did it with all my heart and passion for the genre :)

I hope to find a great community here as well ;)

See ya !

Welcome to the Slaughter >:]

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, brand new here, but very excited to learn! I currently play GW2 and almost exclusively the WvW part, so this kind of seems like that on steroids... though hopefully fixing some of the problems wit

Let us know who you are and what you would like to know about Crowfall and folks here will help you out!

Hey everyone!   I'm usually not a big forums participator, but I think I am going to be more active here because I'm itching for the games release. Any clue as to when there will be a little more s

I've been in MMO depression since City of Heroes/Villains was shuttered. I haven't found anything I love since (The Secret World is closest). Anyway, I am thrilled to see the vision for Crowfall, and how so many of the best aspects of so many of the games I've tried have been combined, with new stuff, to come up with a game I am looking forward to more than any I have in a long time. Happy to be a backer, and will likely KEEP backing. Looking forward to seeing you in game.

~Raphael

I've been in MMO depression since City of Heroes/Villains was shuttered. I haven't found anything I love since (The Secret World is closest). Anyway, I am thrilled to see the vision for Crowfall, and how so many of the best aspects of so many of the games I've tried have been combined, with new stuff, to come up with a game I am looking forward to more than any I have in a long time. Happy to be a backer, and will likely KEEP backing. Looking forward to seeing you in game.

~Raphael

Welcome to the Slaughter >:

giphy.gif

Welcome Raphael! A cheer for TSW-players :D

It's the same hope for me, so I'll keep my fingers crossed together with you!

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, now a 2016 founder! Been watching the news page religiously since last October. I was worried about the combat being a bit slow at first, but everything else in the game is just so 10/10. The stream today won me over with just how awesome of a crowd everyone was. Been playing MMO's since Dark Age of Camelot and I have played nearly all of them on the market except for the millions of free to play anime ones run from china. I am a huge fan of RvRvR style PvP much like GW2 was how other have pointed out. I currently play Heros of the Storm on PC and most of the other games currently out on PS4 until Crowfall comes out. Then its back to PC master race.

Can't wait to see you guys in game!

Ka-CHOW!

P.S.

To any of the other 12 hour streamers. Our spamming of FORGEMASTER got extra information revealed today. Well played. lol

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, now a 2016 founder! Been watching the news page religiously since last October. I was worried about the combat being a bit slow at first, but everything else in the game is just so 10/10. The stream today won me over with just how awesome of a crowd everyone was. Been playing MMO's since Dark Age of Camelot and I have played nearly all of them on the market except for the millions of free to play anime ones run from china. I am a huge fan of RvRvR style PvP much like GW2 was how other have pointed out. I currently play Heros of the Storm on PC and most of the other games currently out on PS4 until Crowfall comes out. Then its back to PC master race.

Ka-CHOW!

P.S.

To any of the other 12 hour streamers. Our spamming of FORGEMASTER got extra information revealed today. Well played. lol

Welcome to the Slaughter >:]

giphy.gif

Not new, but figured I'd post here.

Started my "gaming" back in mid-late 90's with Counter-Strike which turned into a competitive addiction.

Played CS, CSS, COD4, COD:BO competitively - played Crysis 2 (ranked in top 50 w/ all them hackers) and BF3 (ranked top 10) casually

I dabbled in MMORPGs a bit after CSS died out and the console scene came into play (a lot less support for PC FPS competitions).

First MMO I truly remember loving was a small one, R.O.S.E. (Rush On Seven Episodes).  I was a monster in that.

After awhile I went back to FPS (COD) and then after MW3 flopped I went back to MMORPGS.

Played SWTOR, GW2, Neverwinter, then WildStar.

I have been searching for a new competitive MMORPG ever since - hopefully CF can bring back the team environment and competitiveness that I loved.

I am too old (job, wedding, life... etc) to dedicate a lot of time to being good at CS:GO (FPS = true passion) so I have decided to take my talents to Crowfall :)

Make sure not to run into me (once I get good - trust me, I will get good) if you're a non-friendly ;)

-fuzz

Edited by fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

Hey everybody. Like IcePixel I too have been a long time lurker. I was lucky enough to win the first giveaway this morning and am super stoked to get to try the game soon. Also since I already backed the game I will be using the prize to give my girlfriend a copy of the game, so there will be one more crow around!

The game is looking really great and the guys at ArtCraft have been doing an amazing job staying true to their ideals and working their hardest to give us the best game they can. The stream today was really great and I really enjoyed getting to see some of the game design, especially creating the powers with Blair.

To everybody else, I am looking forward to raiding your caravans!

On a side note, to anybody who might know; I got "Affiliate Pledger Status" added into my backer rewards along with the prize I won. Does anybody know what that is? Also, I was told during the stream that the prize value would be cumulative with the package I already purchased to get me into the Alpha, how do I go about getting the Alpha group testing added to my backer rewards?

Thank you everybody, and thanks a ton to ArtCraft!

On a side note, to anybody who might know; I got "Affiliate Pledger Status" added into my backer rewards along with the prize I won. Does anybody know what that is? Also, I was told during the stream that the prize value would be cumulative with the package I already purchased to get me into the Alpha, how do I go about getting the Alpha group testing added to my backer rewards?

Thank you everybody, and thanks a ton to ArtCraft!

I don't know about the "Affiliate Pledger Status", but for the testing access, send an email to support@artcraftent.com

They run a process once or twice a week that adds the tester status to anyone who is eligible, but if you send them an email, they will take care of it. As long as the total of both packages is enough to get you to Bronze, you should be good to go. 

Hi, I'm Jihanna and I'm new to Crowfall... 

I just stumbled across it yesterday, thanks to the email Travian Games sent out to announce a new game coming soon. So, I jumped onto twitch and promptly forgot that I actually had anything planned for the rest of the day  ^_^  To say I'm excited about Crowfall is a massive understatement. I spent yesterday reading through the site and kept getting more and more excited as I saw "what else" is coming. I'll be joining the fun when Beta 1 hits, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I don't typically relish PvP, but this looks like it's being put together in a way that I'll actually enjoy  :)

I'm including my "About me" section from my forum profile, just to give some background without anyone needing to click on me  :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm married to the love of my life, and we have 3 kids. My husband happens to be a gamer as well, and we've played a variety of games together since we got together (more than 18 years ago).

A few of these, in no particular order, are:

- Nexus:TK

- Dark Ages (not DAoC)

- Asda Story

- Fiesta

- Guild Wars (and some of the expansions)

- Shaiya

- 9Dragons

- 2Moons

- Dragon Nest

- Order & Chaos 2

- Rail Nation

I've left out anything we played for less than 2-3 months, and any that I really disliked when it was all said and done (and left in anything we spent a large amount of time in, or returned to over the course of several years, even if the game itself was disappointing in the end).

We've run teams (clan, guild, band, association, whatever) and been part of the RP community in some. I've served as a forum/chat mod, helped with customer support, and even worked behind-the-scenes to help plan events and shape role-play (not all for the same game).

I don't have nearly so much time on my hands anymore, though, so I'm thankful for Crowfall's passive training concept and am very much looking forward to getting into the game for Beta 1!

Note: "Jihanna" is a name that I've used occasionally over the years, adapted (slightly) from a character name in a series that I like, which I've returned to for personal reasons. I had no idea there was someone here with a similar name until I started reading through the introduction thread on the forum.

Ka-CHOW!

P.S.

Welcome aboard! Like you, I also spent some time in lurking mode before pledging because of all the comments I kept reading about combat being too slow. Decided to pledge, tried out the combat for myself, and found it actually quite enjoyable. I guess you'll have to test it for yourself to see how it feels to you. Have fun!