Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

Sup guys Nekronius here. Stopping in to say I've been following crowfall for a very long time now. I'm glad to see how far it has come. I have also  decided to throw my money in the basket to help push things along. As the game stands it's takes a special kinda person to be playing it. The eternal kingdom seems a lil wonky still but w/e. As a new player it also feels realllllllyyyy grindy at the start. But you gotta start somewhere. I will be spending a lot of drunken nights on the battlefield once I find my running legs in this game. Until then time to chop some wood and mine some slag.

35 minutes ago, Nekronius said:

Sup guys Nekronius here. Stopping in to say I've been following crowfall for a very long time now. I'm glad to see how far it has come. I have also  decided to throw my money in the basket to help push things along. As the game stands it's takes a special kinda person to be playing it. The eternal kingdom seems a lil wonky still but w/e. As a new player it also feels realllllllyyyy grindy at the start. But you gotta start somewhere. I will be spending a lot of drunken nights on the battlefield once I find my running legs in this game. Until then time to chop some wood and mine some slag.

Welcome to the community!

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Played just about everything but really looking for a good "Sandbox" game with a lot of user decisions in the overall game. Can't wait to get started in Crowfall. The ideas in the game are refreshing.

I haven't Played a MMO in about 7 or so years. But did play most the major ones for a period of time Dark Age of Camelot to ShadowBane   and more  CrowFall has got me excited about this genre of games again So I gave them my money and am ready to play How ever rusty I may be :D I just came in here to say   HI:)

Hey guys, nice to meet all of you! This game seems really interesting to me since I love Eve online so I look forward to being an industrialist here as well! Since I'm brand new feel free to add me or w me or whatever and see if im on runnin around learning things!

Hello,

So I’ve watched some YouTube videos and found this game ^^ I like the idea, the vision so I decided to research a little bit and after a nice conversation with one crowfall player I was convinced of playing it. Im still at the beginning, don’t know much what to do, but hey, I like it being new in a world and exploring it to its deepest. I got good feelings for the future ^^

Just get kinda laggy sometimes :/

Hi. I bought this as a kickstarter pledge in 2015. My pledge tells me I get a copper avatar and frame? Plus some other digital goods. Has this happened yet?

Edited by Feser1
Typos

Hey rocketbeam here, like everything about this game ao far and really wanna just main this game when it comes out. 

Quick question:

What kind of weapons will there be in the game non character equipped aka (catapult) what other weapons will there be? 

Btw do you guys think the should add percentage of players that are maining one of the main crafting like blacksmith, woodworking and the rest. If they do it would helo alot to know what's mostly in demand in the game merchant wise. 

On ‎4‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 8:11 PM, Deltiasgaming said:

Looking forward to trying this game and possibly making guides on my site deltiasgaming.com. 

Nice! You should. It's still in an early stage but has a huge potential. I watched your builds & guides for ESO. Pretty sweet.

Greetings my avian brethren!

I've been keeping an eye on Crowfall since the Kickstarter, but only recently have been able to afford a pledge package, which I finally picked up off a Trusted Trader. I haven't spent anywhere near as much on one game, and likely will not again. However, this is also the only time I can honestly say a game concept (and dev team) has made me so excited that I've become a true fanboy before I even play. Which says something special because I haven't ever been a fanboy of anything else in over 20 years of video gaming, as I'm a fickle gamer and nothing can hold my attention for more than a month or two typically.

I tried out Darkfall a few years back, but it was a complete disappointment because I had expected it would be something like Crowfall, based on their lofty promises. I haven't actually committed to an MMO in over ten years, since City of Villains. As far as I'm concerned, the entire genre has been doomed with WoW and its clones, none of which interest me in the least, and all the old 90's games are either dead or patch imbalanced themselves into oblivion. I started with Asheron's Call and have tried a few dozen others in the early 2000's, though that list doesn't include Shadowbane and Dark Age of Camelot. Games that seemed right up my alley, unfortunately I was already burned out of patience for the genre.

I haven't been much into active forum participation either, but I certainly feel the desire to make this another appropriate exception as well.

My initial question:

Are there any useful topics I should start my reading in forum community history? In-jokes, memes, and somesuch...

On ‎03‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 1:37 AM, Feser1 said:

Hi. I bought this as a kickstarter pledge in 2015. My pledge tells me I get a copper avatar and frame? Plus some other digital goods. Has this happened yet?

The badge you can (and already did) activate on your account forum management site. The other rewards are not yet active. Except of being able to access the game environment of course. With a bronze package you have alpha-3 access, which grants your permanent access to the LIVE server and sometimes access to the TEST server. Both clients are available here. Have a nice testing. :) 

On ‎03‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 7:02 PM, rocketbeam said:

What kind of weapons will there be in the game non character equipped aka (catapult) what other weapons will there be? 

Btw do you guys think the should add percentage of players that are maining one of the main crafting like blacksmith, woodworking and the rest. If they do it would helo alot to know what's mostly in demand in the game merchant wise. 

As for know we know about catapults and ballistas (already tested in siege perilous two years ago) and tribocks, shown in the graphics overhaul video.

The crafting professions are not self-contained. Specialized crafters will need stuff from other specialized professions. As a smith you will most likely focus on heavy weapons and armor, as stonemason you will focus on geomancy and architecture. And though you won't need body parts from a necromancer to build a house, you would need shingles from woodworkers and nails from a smith for example. So crafting in Crowfall will be alot about cooperation. Weapons and armors will be needed most ... but corresponding to that the number of blacksmiths and woodworkers will be high and therefore it will probably be harder to become famous (and so wealthy?) amongst them. Just choose your way. Good luck. ;)

On ‎07‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 10:05 PM, PartisanGerm said:

My initial question:

Are there any useful topics I should start my reading in forum community history? In-jokes, memes, and somesuch...

You don't really intend to catch-up with three years of Crowfall development history, do you? I would rather suggest to become an active part of the next steps and connect yourself with the current community. They will surely tell you some stories on the way. Way better than reading through thousands of topics. And no, there is no summary. ;) Join the international crowfall discord channel, maybe join one of the older groups/guilds, that should get you deeper and faster into the community history than anything else. Have fun. :) 

2W1ZHpA.jpg