Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

SeveredKnight here. Most people refer to me as Knight throughout my mmorpg lifetime. I started gaming on Perfect World and eventually grew into more true action style games as opposed to the tab-targeting style of gaming. I am pretty excited to give Crowfall a try, but I am stuck right now. The inner workings of the game seem overwhelming which I honestly really enjoy. It means that there will always be something for me to learn! What is stopping me from investing (and this might sound trivial) is that the class descriptions on the website are full of wonderful lore elements for the classes, but there is no description, as far as I can see, as to basic archetypal roles. Is a Knight a stereotypical tank and spank kind of class with heavy armor and buffs/cc, or is he a meatier damage dealer? Is Druid a mechanic heavy high skill cap hybrid dd/ support? Some of them I can make assumptions on like an assassin is likely going to be a high risk high reward melee glass cannon dps character, but not knowing if there is going to be a holy trinity type system involved to the pvp element and who fills what role is making it hard for me to decide what character I would like to invest time in. Of course the simple answer would be 'download the game, play around with the classes, you will figure it out!' But I am not sure the vague face-value thing is really making me feel comfortable about investing atm. If anyone has some (at least) assumptions based of personal gameplay that they could contribute for each class, I'd be quite happy!

First, let me explain how armor currently works in the game. Leather provides more damage and healing, plate more HP and mitigation. Mail is a mix of the two. All mitigation comes from the chest piece, so you could wear a plate chest and the rest leather, if you wanted, to get more damage. You'll have less HP, but more mitigation. Every class can wear any armor, but there are some limitations. Knights and Templars can wear any type of armor by default. A Champion, however, can only wear leather and mail by default. For a champion to wear plate, he has to equip the Plate Proficiency minor discipline. So basically, they are giving up one of their minor disc slots to be able to wear a higher tier of armor. 

There are 3 "tank" classes. Knight, Myrmidon and Templar. The Knight is the more traditional tank in that he wears heavy armor and can block attacks (block will stop a percentage of damage and all CC, but there are counters to it...see the Shield Breaker discipline, for example https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/massive-reveal-day-is-here/). He uses energy as his resource and it regenerates at a set rate, but you can reduce the costs of abilities through skill training and obtaining better weapons, and you can also increase your max energy pool via jewelry. His mobility isn't great, but he does have a lengthy dash that ends with a short duration stun, and he has a chain attack that will pull a target to him. If you play an Elken, you also get a charge ability that knocks players into the air. As a Knight, you can use disciplines that give bow attacks like Arcane Archer and Master of Bows.

The Templar has less mobility than the knight. They have a leap and that's it. They also can't use any ranged weapons. Instead of Block, they have Parry. A successful Parry triggers an attack that will knockdown the target. Shield Breaker will also counter Parry. They use Pips instead of energy and it can be a challenge to manage. They are much more about area denial and work better in groups than solo. One of their primary abilities is an AOE that heals all group members in range and damages all enemies in range. Each pulse of the attack costs 1 pip, but the Templar gains 1 pip each pulse for each enemy hit by it.

The Myrmidon is the more offensive flavor of tank. He is a dual-wielding tank. His Berserk ability will heal him of all damage taken while active, but when it ends, the Myrmidon will take all of that damage at once unless he uses an ability to mitigate it. Berserk tends to be buggy, but a well played Myrm can both dish out the damage and avoid it. They wear leather and mail armor by default, but again, can wear plate if they use the discipline. They use Rage as their resource and it works in a similar fashion to the Knight's energy.

I won't go into all the classes, but that should get you started. There are lots of videos on youtube of all the classes in action. The most important thing though is that no matter which class you pick, there are options for altering your playstyle. There is a minor discipline that drops from the Spider Queen, usable only by non-healer classes, that gives a large amount of support power. There are disciplines which provide healing abilities. So if you wanted to be a Knight that can heal, you could do that. If you wanted to be a Druid that just does damage, you could take the Master of Scimitars disc. The discipline system allows for a great deal of customization and that should only increase as they add more options. Also, different races all have different abilities, passives and stats, so one race may play quite differently from another for the same class. Check out the articles section (https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/) and look for articles that provide info about each race.

Just bought it today I am a Life Long MMORPG Fanatic. I am hopping that his game fills the void for most of the ageing old games out there. I am a Disabled war vet and have lots of spare time and would love to help make the game better by testing it and giving feed back.

Hello everyone,

Ward here. At the moment I am playing Guild Wars 2 and I'm looking forward to helping test this game. Looks like it has a lot of potential.

I am kinda struggling with the performance though, playing on EU server I get loads of FPS drops especially when starting a fight.

Guess I'll have to wait till they fix it. Anyway happy to join this community,  see you guys in game.

Greetings, I purchased this game yesterday (lowest purchase, just to start) and will not be even logging in to the game until this weekend as I am remote from home currently. However after a review of the game sight, the information of the game mechanics and what it is brining to the table, I needed to back this game and help support this wonderful world that is forming. I have played World of Warcraft from Alpha to Current, many other MMOs as well, however as of the last two expansions for WoW only the lore has sustained me. I have been in the need of something more like Northguard (RTS) meets World of Warcraft meets Game of Thrones and then I found you and you are offering so much more!

I am very excited about this and cannot wait to log in Sat evening upon my return home and until then poring over the content on this site. I will once I get a better feel I am certain end up supporting you further by getting the collectors edition but one step at a time. I look forward to jumping into your world and growing with it!

Soulreaver has alot of nice Ranger video's here

The Ranger is a class that's hard to master and atm in patch 5.6.2 some powers aren't working as they should.

Obvious tips are to keep at distance from your opponents and to switch between melee and ranged trays when nedeed.

I never played the Ranger so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you further.

The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.

Heya guys
Been a past big mmorpg fan and have always loved the PVP scene. Have been searching for a game such as this to play for quite some time and am excited to get into learning about this game. Playing from New Zealand and looking forward to catching you all online.

Hello ;-)

I am returning to testing after a 18 month-or-so hiatus - I played a few early tests when I had the chance.

The new skills system looks very interesting. I'm very much looking forward to all of the aspects of this game.

Hello! I am a pretty active gamer who has played a variety of games over the years! Recently my taste in games has been pulling me into MMO's and I have been playing BDO for the past 6 months. I learned about Crowfall in my search for more MMO's and am quite interested in seeing where the game goes! Unfortunately don't have the money to pick up a copy due to college, rent, etc. right now but I def will keep an eye on it and the community as it progresses along! Have fun everybody! :D

I like long walks on the beach, thousand year elvish EMPIRES, tasteful nudes (you can email them to Destrin@yahoo.com), combos being broken and I’m a Fadishar.

Occasionally I like to troll but not often. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Hello Crowfall community!

So I'm following the progress since a while now and i'm realy excited for what's coming! Can't wait for 5.8 and real campaign!!

I have been assigned an hexadecimal username tho and have been trying to join the support but maybe i was doing it wrong.

Anyway thanks ArtCraft for making the mmo of our dreams!