Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

I just signed up for the Beta on this one because I am very fascinated by the concepts here.

I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:37 PM, Tyerenex said:

Hi I"m Tyerenex, veteran of Shadowbane back in the day!  Really looking forward to getting into this game!  I would love to have other players to mess around with and show me the ropes!

There are many former SB'ers(including myself) that are currently testing the game, and there are several guilds from the SB days as well. I would recommend going to the Guilds page under Community and browse the recruiting guilds for your particular play style and server(currently NA or EU). Also watch the forums closely because the next major patch 5.110 drops soon on TEST which will change a lot of things currently in the game. Welcome to CF and good luck!

Just started yesterday. Very excited about the game. I followed progress a little over last few years but Crowfall has recently surpassed the other games I have been watching as interesting and innovative to me. 

Old school gamer. Met husband playing EQ1 in 1999, we're both testing Crowfall now. Played about everything since. Sustainable PvP environment, Enjoyable/interesting Crafting and Player community are my big draws, so looking forward to playing with you all.

17 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Just started yesterday. Very excited about the game. I followed progress a little over last few years but Crowfall has recently surpassed the other games I have been watching as interesting and innovative to me. 

Old school gamer. Met husband playing EQ1 in 1999, we're both testing Crowfall now. Played about everything since. Sustainable PvP environment, Enjoyable/interesting Crafting and Player community are my big draws, so looking forward to playing with you all.

Welcome!

The new player experience isn't fully fleshed out yet, so the game has a pretty steep learning curve. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Hello!

Nice to meet you all. I'm also a new player, going for a crafting build. My main question, in-so-far as I have no experience, is whether the skill points for professions are limited for each individual skill tree or if they are limited for the three skill trees combined?

Looking forward to playing with you all.

Just now, Hephaesteus said:

Hello!

Nice to meet you all. I'm also a new player, going for a crafting build. My main question, in-so-far as I have no experience, is whether the skill points for professions are limited for each individual skill tree or if they are limited for the three skill trees combined?

Looking forward to playing with you all.

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but I'll answer as best I can.

You are able to train 2 separate tracks on a single account. This means you can train 2 of combat, crafting and exploration. It is not possible to train twice in the same track, so you can't, for example, train both blacksmithing and leatherworking at the same time. You can switch your training at any time though, and you can eventually train everything. 

All of the skills you train are account-wide, so any character you create on that account can benefit from that skill training, depending on the specific training, of course. A character that wields a sword won't benefit from skill training for axes.

Hello Everyone,

Started an account but have not purchased anything.  Can't decide if I should just buy the $50 and check it out or do what I would do if I could test it out first and get the $200 backer package with some extra stuff.  (i love extra stuff)  I'm Beta 12 so not sure I want to wait until they let me in to decide.  I"d like to learn the mechanics and gameplay and check out different playstyles to see what I want to do when the game starts.  

I will check out tanky/melee damage first.  Whatever is a nice combo of those traits is what I"ll end up playing.  

Hit me up or not.  Best of luck and take care!

If you purchase the $50 package, you can always upgrade it later. They are working out the bugs in the latest patch, which includes a ton of stuff. It's the biggest patch they have done yet and includes most of the stuff we need for launch. As soon as they get the worst bugs fixed, it will go to the test server. If you purchase a package, you will have instant access to the new patch as soon as it goes to test.

The patch will get tested on test for a while, probably a month or so, and then go to live. At some point after that, they will officially start beta and begin inviting the free players, the ones who have created an account but not purchased a package. Those players will be invited in waves. Given that you just signed up, you will probably be part of the last wave, or near to last wave, but who knows how long that will take. You're probably looking at 2 months at a minimum, I would guess, before you can play for free. So if you're anxious to check it out, go for the $50 package and then upgrade later if you want.

Classes you might like that are tanky/melee would be knight, templar, mymidon, champion pitfighter and assassin blackguard. Knight templar and mymidon are tanky by nature of the class, while the pitfighter and blackguard are tanky promotion classes for champion and assassin, respectively.

sweet, Arkade!  thanks!  my research pointed me toward myrmidon and champion.  perhaps i will check out this champion pitfighter you speak of.  playing a game of d&d now online since my group is quarantining from cv right now.  afterward, i'll grab the $50 package and then just buy stuff when we launch.  i'll mess around this week and then next week look for a strong, active, serious guild to join and with whom to crush my enemy!

i appreciate your quick response!

Lycanthrope Skinstripper from old school Darkfall days.  I had my own Tribe "Tribe of One" and patrolled the Tribelands for interlopers.  I'm looking forward to experiencing some of the same feelings I had back in the day with DF.

Hello,

Hey, i am Hak0. New player in EU, i had a good experience in games like that but, this game idea attracted me specially the " new worlds" i want to see how they do that and i am here :)