Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

If you are new to Crowfall, introduce yourself here!

Wow, I last posted here back when I bought the game October 12th 2017 as a backer.

I didn't actually end up playing but then I saw an email in my folder recently and decided to actually give the game a try. Haha. ^^; Hi.

2 hours ago, Missfishie said:

Wow, I last posted here back when I bought the game October 12th 2017 as a backer.

I didn't actually end up playing but then I saw an email in my folder recently and decided to actually give the game a try. Haha. ^^; Hi.

welcome to crowfall alpha!

Hello! I found out about this game from a youtuber/discord I am in after discussing all the dead games they mention this as a new hope. So after watching the videos and reading some posts and what the game wishes to accomplish I decided to jump in and try the game as it is right now. Got to say I love the survival/build aspect so far. Haven't learned how to do combat but it's hitting my gaming interests.

Hello, 

'tis I, Rubeth Red. Nice to meet you all. Have made about 4 characters total, pretty excited to see some old guildies from previous games(like UO) on here, as well as my guild, RiP, from Albion. Hoping for more female animal characters to come. 

Hope to see your corpse on the ground... erm, I mean, see you around...,
Ruby Red😼

Greeting's

After lurking for what seems like forever I decided to, finally, check Crowfall out. I backed a while ago but only just decided to take the plunge. So far I am quite impressed with the exception that melee seems a little ... meh.  What can you do but soldier ever onward?

Anyway I thought I would say Hi.

Hi!

2 hours ago, TitanicAlan said:

Greeting's

After lurking for what seems like forever I decided to, finally, check Crowfall out. I backed a while ago but only just decided to take the plunge. So far I am quite impressed with the exception that melee seems a little ... meh.  What can you do but soldier ever onward?

Hi!

Welcome. I suggest you shop around for a guild and make sure you have the test client installed.

aeei5jG.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, TitanicAlan said:

Greeting's

Hi!

A direct response to our observation is that melee seeming "meh" is exactly on par with how melee are right now.  It's a testing environment and we've just had a skill wipe.  As of right now there's really no reason to go melee dps in a competitive perspective.  That may change as people train up defenses and crafting gets better. 

Like Yoink said, a guild will help you though all of this.  There's really no way to solo this game.  It will seem boring, you'll get to 30, start thinking "let me try and craft something" then spend a long time gathering mats only to find out you didn't gather all of this or need 3 more leather, go get more mats, then finally craft the item and if it doesn't fail you'll be so proud of it.  That is, until you compare it to that other item you got from a drop and see its far inferior to that.  At this point the game starts to be much less "fun" and new people tend to take their leave around this point.

If you find a guild, they'll help you navigate the frustrations of the testing environment, answer those 1000 questions you have and help you experience the greatness that this game has to offer (siege, large scale pvp).  There will be different frustrations than your early frustrations, but at least you'll have a better platform from which to decide if this game is right for you or not.

Edited by Ble

Thanks for the advice guys. I will make finding a guild my priority, although that's never easy as there are three of us and finding one that suits us all can be a challenge.

Still really enjoying the experience so far, still trying thing's out and having a good time learning as much as we can.

17 hours ago, Ble said:

you'll get to 30, start thinking "let me try and craft something" then spend a long time gathering mats only to find out you didn't gather all of this or need 3 more leather, go get more mats, then finally craft the item and if it doesn't fail you'll be so proud of it.  That is, until you compare it to that other item you got from a drop and see its far inferior to that.

Pretty much this ... I have been confused before, regularly, if I am honest. Got to say though the crafting broke my brain. 😁

Cheers!

Hi, so i just found out about this game yesterday, checking to see if i'm going to like....

I've been playing divinity 2, still love it but i want something that is not turn based haha

From Brazil, cade a galera BR pra me da uns help aeee!! ❤️