Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psylent night

What Will I Need to Run Crowfall?

Hey guys, very interested in trying the game out. I understand there's only so much you can reveal about the game at this time, but I felt I'd ask what kind of comp specs you would recommend for running the game. 

If possible, I'd like to know the required specs and recommended/optimal specs. :)

Hey guys, very interested in trying the game out. I understand there's only so much you can reveal about the game at this time, but I felt I'd ask what kind of comp specs you would recommend for running the game. 

If possible, I'd like to know the required specs and recommended/optimal specs. :)

Probably extremely to early for recommended specs.

Guest Guest

I know its extremely early, but I was wondering will yall or do yall have any plans on making it available to tablet users?

IMHO, with the initial information about complex, difficult competitive play in an MMO environment, it's unlikely that it'll be playable on current-gen tablets. The tablet market was never intended to handle anything more than casual gaming, so it just doesn't have the muscle to run MMOs.

That being said, it's day #1, so we're probably a year+ out from anything resembling publicized min specs.

Yeah, grayswandir (great name, btw) has it right on this one.  I'm not saying that it's an absolute "no, never" on tablets, but I'm highly skeptical for both performance and UI reasons.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Guest Lady Feline

What about Pc's that run games such as Wizard101 ,Pirates 101 or even Toontown rewritten  ? Will they be ok or will they need a new Graphic's card ? 

My guess (and again, we're talking semi-educated guess) is the game will run to a certain degree on a range of computers. You may not get a silky smooth framerate or gorgeous textures, but a lower end PC might get the job done.

And, yeah, I'll take my MMO on a PC over any other platform. :)

(Though Destiny on the Xbox One is a good time and it's MMO-ish...)

Any PC that's decent will probably run this game just going by the art style of the site. I know that means nothing. But if they do in game graphics like say wildstar or guild wars 2.  So probably $1500 should do it. Of course that could be overkill at the same time. Wont know till we see game play.

Hopefully Crowfall devs will copy Riot's example here. If they devote extra time to optimizing the graphics so that the game runs well on older computers that no other game will run well on, they will secure a fairly large market sector that's craving for literally any quality game to play.

Pm4QhLs.png

I am just hoping this is going to run on my 10 year old notebook XD.

You're hoping for too much. I would expect this game to be able to run on low on 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM.

Looking for a Crowfall Guild or looking for members for your Crowfall guild?

http://crowfall.lfg.pw

Don't hold your breath imo. Asking for system specs the day they open up the forums is about as unrealistic as nursing a hope that a decade-old netbook can run a game that almost certainly won't see unremitting daylight until 2016 at the earliest.

2eyfm20.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'd bet real money that notebook won't run Crowfall. Looking at a Dell Inspiron 6000D (which, according to notebookreview.com, was a relatively inexpensive laptop in 2005), I can't imagine it would be a possibility. I think eliteduck nailed it - you'll probably need 4GB of RAM and 1GB of vRAM to run this.

Then again, I could be absolutely completely wrong. As has been said we'll probably have no real information on specs for quite some time.

I know its extremely early, but I was wondering will yall or do yall have any plans on making it available to tablet users?

bro i dont think its gonna be that type of game.

i dont mean to be rude or scare u....but are u lost?

or am i lost?

whats happening?!K!?!?!as,fjhqw 3rh

ezgzn8.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'd bet real money that notebook won't run Crowfall. Looking at a Dell Inspiron 6000D (which, according to notebookreview.com, was a relatively inexpensive laptop in 2005), I can't imagine it would be a possibility. I think eliteduck nailed it - you'll probably need 4GB of RAM and 1GB of vRAM to run this.

Then again, I could be absolutely completely wrong. As has been said we'll probably have no real information on specs for quite some time.

that seems higher than it will be.  im sure they have settings for lesser amounts of ram.  In PVP focused games i feel like they usually do, to accommodate for....well....you'll find out if u dont know.

even though sb took up 250gb of ram in 2002 0.0-for one window

emu can pwn new machines today....but i mean we can run 10+windows on these monsters now.

ezgzn8.jpg