Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psylent night

What Will I Need to Run Crowfall?

What about Pc's that run games such as Wizard101 ,Pirates 101 or even Toontown rewritten  ? Will they be ok or will they need a new Graphic's card ? 

If you have a PC that runs those games just fine, you will need an upgrade the time Beta comes around.

Looking for a Crowfall Guild or looking for members for your Crowfall guild?

http://crowfall.lfg.pw

If you have a PC that runs those games just fine, you will need an upgrade the time Beta comes around.

Well...maybe. My PC runs both of those games great! It also runs a heavily modded Skyrim beautifully (I guess I just don't play that many modern graphically-intensive games).

So if your PC runs Wizard/Pirate, but you're on the low end of requirements for those games, you'll probably need an upgrade.

Well...maybe. My PC runs both of those games great! It also runs a heavily modded Skyrim beautifully (I guess I just don't play that many modern graphically-intensive games).

So if your PC runs Wizard/Pirate, but you're on the low end of requirements for those games, you'll probably need an upgrade.

Thats what I was trying to say. If you barely run W101 and P101, then you will need a big upgrade.

Looking for a Crowfall Guild or looking for members for your Crowfall guild?

http://crowfall.lfg.pw

Windows Vista Home Premium with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 32-bit system. Will the game work on this old desktop? Lol.

I've been planning on buying a new laptop for a while now so the coming of this game could be an excuse for me to actually buy one, since I've been holding off for over an year, not sure why. I guess I was waiting for after Windows 10 so I can start fresh and anew.

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

Correct, this is something that could change dramatically depending on a number of factors. We'll have a good idea later on down the road

Makes sense, can you share what kind of engine you're using though or is it an in-house engine?

Windows Vista Home Premium with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 32-bit system. Will the game work on this old desktop? Lol.

I've been planning on buying a new laptop for a while now so the coming of this game could be an excuse for me to actually buy one, since I've been holding off for over an year, not sure why. I guess I was waiting for after Windows 10 so I can start fresh and anew.

No one can say for certain, so please take this with a gigantic grain of salt, but I think if it is able to run CF, it would be on absolute minimum settings.

(As ever, I truly do know nothing and could be/probably am quite wrong.)

SLI compatibility?

I too would like to know if this game will support SLI/Crossfire.  In addition if it will support higher resolutions and refresh rates, I play at 2560 x 1440 @ 100hz with SLI GTX 760's so I would like to get the most out of my hardware :).

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'd bet real money that notebook won't run Crowfall. Looking at a Dell Inspiron 6000D (which, according to notebookreview.com, was a relatively inexpensive laptop in 2005), I can't imagine it would be a possibility. I think eliteduck nailed it - you'll probably need 4GB of RAM and 1GB of vRAM to run this.

Then again, I could be absolutely completely wrong. As has been said we'll probably have no real information on specs for quite some time.

lol yeah your probably right, But us gamers always have backup plans. I will have to run it on my desktop and use it as a home game :P

well it would be brilliant if the community would have hooks for Tablets in case of for example rolling stuff(if there will be something like it), try to imagine ... at home you plays gvg, pvp, but on the way you open tablet and you take care of city management or so.(not pvp/gvg) only city/guild management.

I dont think you'll need in General, a 1000$ computer, or laptop to play this game. Any computer that isnt slow in genera should probably run this depending on which computers the game will support.

I can run Wiz101 just fine on my 4 year old PC, but Runescape is laggy and the PC heats up pretty quick. But not worried. By the time this game is ready for the market, I will be in the market for a new PC anyway. It's a waiting game, I guess. ;)

Boredom is a choice  ;)

Hopefully Crowfall devs will copy Riot's example here. If they devote extra time to optimizing the graphics so that the game runs well on older computers that no other game will run well on, they will secure a fairly large market sector that's craving for literally any quality game to play.

The EvE example is the best I've seen for concurrent battles and 100's - 1000's fighting real time.  They've worked very hard to run on the slowest machines.

The EvE example is the best I've seen for concurrent battles and 100's - 1000's fighting real time.  They've worked very hard to run on the slowest machines.

Well, EVE battles are a dozefest compared to what I'm hoping we'll experience in Crowfall, so idk if EVE is the right comparison, but yeah, EVE has definitely set a lot of good examples for future MMOs.

Pm4QhLs.png