Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zadira

Free Realms Refugee - anyone else?

I am a poor lost Free Realms refugee looking for a new home. 

We had a large, successful guild in Free Realms and were devastated at losing our beloved game. It has been almost a year now and we are all still looking for a game that might replace what we lost. We have tried Landmark, Villagers and Heroes, Guild Wars2 and Archeage but none of them have the same magic that FR had for us.

I saw Crowfall discussed on Twitter and could see a glimmer of things that might be.  I can't wait to see and hear more of what the devs are planning.  There is no other game like Free Realms. Crowfall might actually be what we are all looking for.

Free realm is a game a have not heard in a long time. I remember seeing it advertised in miniclip ages ago.

Unfortunately, I heard it closed down not to long ago which is a shame since the game looked very good.

Hi laskatan. :)  

Free Realms was such a great game.  If someone could take the great things about it and make it more for an older audience, it would really be one of the top games out there.

One of the things that made it great were the graphics and game engine. The animation dev team were truly great and they made the game fun to play.  I know that hard core gamers would probably be bored to tears but there are so many teens and tweens that need games, too. 

I have seen that Crowfall will most likely be rated M but hopefully it will still be a game that our FR gamers will be able to play without a problem. They have all grown up in the last five years so now they are ready for more, I think.  :)

I used to play Free Realms a lot, but I quit after the big update a long time ago. I hated that update. Everything just changed and suddenly you had to pay money for simple things, that you didn't have to pay for before. So I just quit. True, Free Realms was a wonderful game in its early stages, but I still wouldn't want Crowfall to be similar to FR. It's not something I would look forward to.

I understand which update you mean nicoletti901.  That almost ruined the game for a lot of people. Not everything about FR was great, that is for sure, but it was home to a lot of people in the end.  SOE closed out four of their games last year to make room for Landmark and H1Z1. I wonder if they regret that sometimes.

Yeah... I mean, it was fun and all, but the update completely changed the fighting, the Skill Tree, the Jobs. For me, it ruined most of the things I loved about that game. I just wish, they would have continued without it.