Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blade and Soul

Took them long enough....

Sadly, I belive this game is going to seem outdated compared to newer Korean releases such as Black Desert.

I do belive NCsoft will do a good job, they have done great with both the Guild Wars franchise, and the launch of Wildstar was pretty good.

But we are talking about an MMO from 2012 here, it has some hype backing it, but without a graphic overhaul of some type, I just dont see why people should play it.

Edited by zinnie

whaaaaa mr iframe.

my picture works fine. I accidentally linked the url the first time and then the picture the 2nd. I left the url so you can see I linked form the game and not some hentai or something.

oh sweet jesus. that vid is a thumbs up.

GoA5dts.gif

Edited by headlight

Took them long enough....

Sadly, I belive this game is going to seem outdated compared to newer Korean releases such as Black Desert.

I do belive NCsoft will do a good job, they have done great with both the Guild Wars franchise, and the launch of Wildstar was pretty good.

But we are talking about an MMO from 2012 here, it has some hype backing it, but without a graphic overhaul of some type, I just dont see why people should play it.

First off you shouldn't be judging a game by the graphics of it, just because one game has better graphics then the other doesn't automatically make it better. Second for a game to be successful it needs to have a good story so that the player always remebers something about it or a hook that keeps the player coming back for more. I've played Kr Blade and Soul and played a private server for NA already and the game is fun to play and even today I still sometimes log in to play, but I don't think the game is going to be a very big hit here for the fact that game was bulit for internet speeds and reliability of low ping which in the NA we don't have at the time. The game itself will always do good in KR and you can see it in their sale figures, the game does better than both GW2 and Wildstar combinded in all regions they are out for.

iuXCflEHi9Vjh.png

Edited by Nex

As much as I've been very much wanting this game to come to the west for many years now, I believe that NC Soft waited far too long to make it happen.  The hype for B&S died quite a while ago.  Combine that with the fact that we will be getting an antiquated version of the game and the fact that they are actually trying to "westernize" the game, leads me to believe this western release of B&S will fail terribly.  It should also be coming out around the same time as the western version of Black Desert.  Don't get me wrong, I want the western version of B&S to be successful, but I just don't see that happening.

As much as I've been very much wanting this game to come to the west for many years now, I believe that NC Soft waited far too long to make it happen.  The hype for B&S died quite a while ago.  Combine that with the fact that we will be getting an antiquated version of the game and the fact that they are actually trying to "westernize" the game, leads me to believe this western release of B&S will fail terribly.  It should also be coming out around the same time as the western version of Black Desert.  Don't get me wrong, I want the western version of B&S to be successful, but I just don't see that happening.

Black Desert releases in 2016 while they aim to release B&S in 2015. If you mean BD Beta - yes, I think both will hit EU/NA on similar times. However their timing is somewhat good since there is no real major mmorpg release when they release B&S. Next thing is - many people already played it or informed themselves over the years. So I think it will establish itself better than other hyped games like Aion, Tera, and so on. It can still fail terribly because of the "westernization" and other things I just don't think the probability is that high since the game already had its up and downs regarding balancing, tech. errors, etc. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

• 3 weeks later...

Black Desert releases in 2016 while they aim to release B&S in 2015. If you mean BD Beta - yes, I think both will hit EU/NA on similar times. However their timing is somewhat good since there is no real major mmorpg release when they release B&S. Next thing is - many people already played it or informed themselves over the years. So I think it will establish itself better than other hyped games like Aion, Tera, and so on. It can still fail terribly because of the "westernization" and other things I just don't think the probability is that high since the game already had its up and downs regarding balancing, tech. errors, etc.

I'm not trying to discredit anything in your post, you did a good job, but I do want to make a minor correction. They said they wanted to launch in winter, which the majority of is in 2016. The way it's worded makes me think the first quarter of 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't play this game for an extended period as all my brain blood would be going to my boner. They say not to have one longer than 4 hours.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

• 2 months later...

I think Crowfall maybe gonna hit on the asia market even heavier than in the west.

Its gonna be like when cocain or LSD hit the market first time ever when people were thinking alcohol or cola would be already great stuff.

Maybe not the best example... .

But people gonna be like, "Ooah damn, whats that?!".

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Buying the Master Founder pack AND  a new computer to play  blade and soul and crowfall on! SO hyped

If xou can wait with your new pc you should wait till next year. Next year much better hardware will be available.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm playing it, here are my initial impressions. Taking it slow and casual. I think I am not going to be able to do 1v1 arenas due to latency. The game requires you to break out of CC IMMEDIATELY as it happens, with 200ms avarage, immediately is not in my vocabulary. Even some friends from US and Europe are reporting that they simply cannot break out of CC, they see the pop, press the button, but nothing happens as it is already too late when the command reaches the server.

Regardless, there is some fun to be had in the game outside of the arenas, it is a good pass time until Crowfall is deeper into betas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1gBQraXIyw

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Ive been playing it non-stop since 19th. Im having great fun, arena is challanging but fun for me , story is quite interesting with most of the focus is on main story and side-quests are just usual mmo stuff (mostly, ive encountered some side quests with very interesting story) . Combat is 10/10 , artistic style is one of the best i have seen but its being bottlenecked by technology of the game.

don't wanna grind this out again and all the characters are hidious; the story unbearable. 

But I got a weird taste ... most say The Secret World is a bad game but I like it.

Edited by IamMe

I AM ME!
I love you all.

• 3 weeks later...

Im leaving this game, too much grind based. Combat is fun, arena is amazing, story is quite well but i got much better things to do than grinding dailies for weeks to get endgame gear. Thats the problem with themeparks, too much time wasted meaninglessly, at least in sandbox games you can matter in some way.